MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Euro rack Miniwave
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Euro rack Miniwave
sandyb
If any of you have been thinking about a euro format Miniwave now is the time to act! i've been in contact with Peter at Plan B about a faceplate and he's willing to do a run of them if there is demand. I've pasted his message to the Plan B yahoo group below - some of you may well have seen it already so sorry for the repetition. Contact Peter if you're interested. You know you all want one really smile

sandy

"All,

Got a request, will do this if there's sufficient demand.

I will make available 30 Eurorack faceplates for Blacet Miniwaves at
$25 each (this basically covers the cost of manufacturing them and
receiving them here). If I get 20 or so responses I'll do it. The
will be punched and will take about 15 minutes for the conversion, no
soldering required.

Please note: they will NOT fit in a Doepfer portable casere They are
tpp deep. THey will only fit in the rack cases.

They are 8hp wide and will sold through Noisebug exclusively.

let me know!

- P"
Chuck E. Jesus
i'm unclear about how to power it from the Eurorack though...i'll buy a faceplate if he makes them (and it can be powered), i'd hang on to it for the future...
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
Id be interested if there was an adequate power converter.
REwire
Peter did a Minwave faceplate for me a few years ago:

It runs nice at 12v but he also made me a 4 to 12 pin cable adapter which anyone could do themselves.

It's depth will make it touch the back of a Doepfer case rail so you'd need to have it placed between the power connectors.

Also note there's a wavetable oscillator coming out from Harvestman called the Piston Honda that'll probably use the same Eproms the Miniwave does.

Dan
http://www.rewiremusic.com
sandyb
there's details of the power connector details on this blacet page - it's down near the bottom:
http://blacet.com/tech.html
i'm not certain if i'm going to run off the doepfer supply or just stick a spare blacet power supply i have in my case and use that.

sandy
sandyb
to bring a really old thread back to life - if you didn't see it on the Plan B list earlier today - the Miniwave conversion kits are virtually done.
Noisebug expect to have them tomorrow. cost is $40 each. they're not up on the website (yet).
i've just ordered one which means my Miniwave will no longer be sitting alone on top of my large format system. and also means my euro case will be full d'oh!

sandy
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
man, almost 100% markup angry

meh, still affordable.
Cybananna
I just sent payment for mine today! hyper hyper

sandyb, have you seen one yet? If so, does it look like rewire's above in this thread (in the style of Plan B)
Cybananna
just saw the link in the Plan B forum. A little different than Rewire's.

Both look really nice!

SlayerBadger! hyper
sandyb
and here it is...

it took a few minutes to swap over as i had to extend 4 or 5 wires to a couple of the jacks and switches. the positions on the plan b faceplate aren't exactly the same as the blacet faceplate and the originals were not long enough to fit.
Kwote
looks good. and the panel is much thinner than i expected given the typical frac width.
sandyb
Kwote wrote:
looks good. and the panel is much thinner than i expected given the typical frac width.

yup - it's much thinner - only 10hp. i thought it was going to be 12hp, hence the 2hp blank on the right hand side d'oh!

sandy
felix
Awesome! I can't wait to get mine together.

It looks rad with the blue indicator knobs too.
flts
There are times when one is (to put it very mildly) not too happy for building a DIY portable Euro case that's like 3 to 4 cm too shallow for a Miniwave... very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating
wetterberg
sandyb wrote:
Kwote wrote:

yup - it's much thinner - only 10hp. i thought it was going to be 12hp, hence the 2hp blank on the right hand side d'oh!

sandy
ah, I see - you had probably left in space for those long horizontal lines between the jacks and the knobs? Mr. Green
wetterberg
flts wrote:
There are times when one is (to put it very mildly) not too happy for building a DIY portable Euro case that's like 3 to 4 cm too shallow for a Miniwave... very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating
I hear ya - I'm in the same situation; would much rather have a miniwave than a doepfer dual quantizer, but the pcb is just too enormous.

the annoying part is when you look at the pcb and you see how much smaller it could have been designed!! very frustrating

- oh well.
Roycie Roller
wetterberg wrote:
flts wrote:

I hear ya - I'm in the same situation; would much rather have a miniwave than a doepfer dual quantizer, but the pcb is just too enormous.

the annoying part is when you look at the pcb and you see how much smaller it could have been designed!! very frustrating

- oh well.

You could possibly do the 'ol 'detach the pcb from the panel & lay it flat on the wood base of your case' trick.
wetterberg
Roycie Roller wrote:
You could possibly do the 'ol 'detach the pcb from the panel & lay it flat on the wood base of your case' trick.
good idea. My back-panel real estate is extremely limited too, though. And it's a sort of uneven skb thingy, which will also have the psu AND some tricky cabling - AND, in the long run, I'd like to have a midi-to-cv interface concealed behind the modules, with a breakout panel.
Kwote
blacet is not for the depth minded. except for they're newest stuff like the Hex Zone and all their half space modules the pcb's are big.

thankfully my skb's are nice and deep so it's a non issue for me.

if they come out with the Maxi-Wave my guess is the pcb will be parallel with the panel and only an inch deep at most. of course then you'll have to worry about a new Euro panel and the Maxi-Wave is not confirmed for release. just an idea floating around. doesn't hurt to hope though.
sandyb
flts wrote:

i was lucky. i didn't plan it, but the miniwave fits fine in my diy case. only in the top of 4 rows though.
wetterberg
sandyb wrote:
flts wrote:

i was lucky. i didn't plan it, but the miniwave fits fine in my diy case. only in the top of 4 rows though.
your case has some wildly deep slots, too, right? Like the 45deg. angle going towards the lower back end of the case?
sandyb
wetterberg wrote:
sandyb wrote:
flts wrote:

your case has some wildly deep slots, too, right? Like the 45deg. angle going towards the lower back end of the case?

well - the case was only designed with euro in mind. theoretically it can take the deepest euro module in any row. i had to balance this with mounting busboards (there are 3) in a position that i could actually plug in shorter modules. the deepest euro module i have is the planB model 17, which fits anywhere. the miniwave is significantly deeper than the model 17 though and hits busboards everywhere but the top row. which is kind of annoying as i would really have liked to put it down the bottom with the other oscillators very frustrating i might at some point build an "oscillator/sound sources" extension case and put them all together in that.
flts
Roycie Roller wrote:

Yeah I was thinking of that, but that would add some long flying wires I hate so much lol I'm not too sure whether I could attach the PCB to somewhere in the box or not, it's getting pretty cramped already and I thought about getting a Doepfer springverb module + a hefty Accutronics reverb tank which I could barely fit to the box.

I hope The Harvestman's Piston Honda is going to be something remotely along those lines when it's finished...
dubchild
I switched two of my MW to euro with Peter's kits and they would not fit in my Doepfer G6 cases, but they fit fine on the top rows of my ASys RS15 cases. The RS15 cases are great for accidentally putting a module cable in upsidedown, they blow fuses before they fry your modules(just happened this week.) Where as the Doepfer cases fry your modules.
The MW kits look great and now I have more room in my frac system for more Metalbox modules!!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1