MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mod boards...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Mod boards...
TrashWaveform
I rebuilt my first guitar to playing condition again the other day. Its really beat up and prob won't sell for much and I guess I still have that personal connection to it that won't let me let it go. So I decided to make it my experiment guitar and just add a bunch of weird mods to it I wouldn't normally do and see what happens. I found these mod chips that just add a guitar effect without the need of a pedal. $50 is pretty cheap and it sounds a little interesting and leaves the room open for maybe a little modding on it. Wonder what other peoples thoughts were of it.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/modboards.html
johnnymad
i've never heard of those, but i've always wanted to mod one of my crappy guitars. are you into diy? you could put a simple distortion in there and it would cost waaaayy less than $50.
TrashWaveform
Yeah I DIY. I actually thought about doing that. I have several old pedals I will tear apart and see if they can fit in the cavity. The cavity of an SG isn't exactly space friendly though. Might have to hard wire my pick ups to remove some pots and make room.
TrashWaveform

Well, here is the PBC of a Digitech Grunge pedal. Obviously will have to remove the audio jacks and the pots and shave the corners of the PBC for it to fit but it looks like it should work out fine.
Pockets McCoy
Depending on how much you love the guitar and how afraid of/likely you are to fuck something up, you could get a router and make some more space...I've probably removed like, 40% of the wood in one of my guitars to make room for stuff with no ill effects, but it's also a fender-ish top-loading thicker-than-an-SG one, so you might have less wiggle room.
TrashWaveform
Yeah like I mentioned it just an experimental guitar. Something to try out ideas and maybe implement them into my other guitars later. Else I would of put in a much better over drive/fuzz pedal. I think once I remove all the jacks and pots I will have more room. Of course I will install 4 more pots and another switch to control the pedal so it kinda gives me some ideas to play around with including removing wood in other areas to make room for that. Didn't have time to plot all that last night so I will do that tonight. I think because its a smaller guitar its a pretty welcomed challenge.
TrashWaveform
Unfortunately while desoldering the jacks one of the tiny components got destroyed. very frustrating Possibly a little too much heat as one of the legs became disjointed. Too small to perform a fix without a replacement. Instead of finishing it and wiring it up to test I am going to assume its now junk. No big loss, the pedal wasn't in use for two years and I really didn't plan to use it again. Maybe next time my desoldering braiding will be faster and more forgiving.
TrashWaveform
Went a head and tested the damaged circuit and it works. Unsure what component R2 did, but its sounding better without it.
TrashWaveform

I opted for a more DIY look rather then try and make it look factory. Its my personal guitar so I figure I would have it match my personality. Making more room for extra mods in there. I am wanting to put a Plague Bearer bare bones in it after the distortion. It will be the anti-guitar. twisted [/img]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1