MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

oh snap
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author oh snap

Muff Wiggler

i just bought a eurorack frame Dead Banana

it was $35 headcrabs!

felix

Wicked. Welcome to the fold. Now you just need some AFGs! hyper

Muff Wiggler

anyone wanna sell me a small power supply and a single busboard?

Muff Wiggler

oh yeah, and you can officially put me on the 'waiting for a Tyme Sefari' list.

i'm fully disgusted with myself by the way MY ASS IS BLEEDING

we can all put the blame squarely on TipTop Audio.

a100user

hyper hihi lol lol lol lol lol lol lol love love love

Slippery slope, slippery slope.

Welcome to the club Mr. Green

Chuck E. Jesus

w00t lol w00t lol w00t lol

Kwote

Muff Wiggler wrote:
MY ASS IS BLEEDING

lol!

ehdyn

Pardon me, would you mind sharing where you acquired your frame?

How does http://www.schroff.us/home.asp compare to Doepfer?

sandyb

now where is that thread from a month or so ago - "why i'm not getting into euro..."

lol

just watch that that 1 case doesn't turn into 2, then 3 then.....

Kwote

sandyb wrote:
now where is that thread from a month or so ago - "why i'm not getting into euro..."

lol

he'll have to morph into plastic man just to move around the room and jam out. reorganizing ain't gonna save ya.

J.w.M.

Soon it's not gonna be bubble wrap you're stepping on-- it'll be modules that have spread to every square inch of your studio.

Muff Wiggler

ehdyn wrote:

Yeah, no problem, I got it here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Schroff-EuroPAC-Chassis-Subrack-Enclosure-3U-19-rac k_W0QQitemZ270233276001QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64061QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

The guy has 120 of them, $35 each.

As far as I'm aware (and I'm not a euro-rack expert), Schroff makes the frames for Doepfer, so they would be the same thing....

J.w.M.

Oh, wonderful. Now I'm tempted. 8)

ehdyn

Much obliged for the link.

Kwote

Muff Wiggler wrote:
ehdyn wrote:

Yeah, no problem, I got it here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Schroff-EuroPAC-Chassis-Subrack-Enclosure-3U-19-rac k_W0QQitemZ270233276001QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64061QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

The guy has 120 of them, $35 each.

As far as I'm aware (and I'm not a euro-rack expert), Schroff makes the frames for Doepfer, so they would be the same thing....

the funny thing is if that had been around when i first had any clue what a modular was i would've ended up with doepfer.

as it stands i ended up frac. aye go figure aye.

ehdyn

Just placed an order.
Shipping is more than the unit.

Muff Wiggler

Yeah shipping was more than the unit for me as well - I'm assuming they are shipping in 'assembled' form, so it'll be a bigger box than unassembled. Nice change from the usual though, this is shipping to me FROM canada, so no customs fees and it'll be here fast.

Apparently with these units you can flip the mounting ears to the 'rear' (turning it into the 'front') and then you can mount Frac modules into it instead if you want.

Bear in mind - these dont have power sources or busboards at all. And they are usually $500. This guy apparently just ended up with a wholesale lot that's he's dumping - not going to be a common thing I think.

So, I still wouldn't have started on Euro if these were around back in the day - so it's $35 less than a Blacet frame. Big whoop. You still have to deal with power and busboards etc. etc. And Frac modules are still black hihi

Muff Wiggler

sandyb wrote:

lol

I will not grow a large Eurorack rig. mad

I will not extend to multiple cabinets of Euro. d'oh!

I will have some TipTop Audio modules racked up for beta testing. 8)

I will have a Tyme Sefari & Expansion at some point. twisted

I will have a Plan B programmable tap clock at some point. w00t

It's really not going to go much beyond there. I may pick up a Dual Cyclotron and/or an AFG if I happen to bump into them on the used market at a time when I have the cash around.

But all the stuff I said in the 'not going euro' thread still remains true. Please don't anyone hold their breath on an ever-expanding Euro rig over here. It's not going to happen.

I only did this because I'm going to need to do something to support TipTop's modules, and I happened to find out about these cheap racks. Otherwise this wouldn't be happening.

It's all TipTop's fault cry

Kwote

Muff Wiggler wrote:

So, I still wouldn't have started on Euro if these were around back in the day - so it's $35 less than a Blacet frame. Big whoop. You still have to deal with power and busboards etc. etc. And Frac modules are still black hihi

well my first intro to modular was doepfer by word of mouth. i drooled over em on AH and felt overwhelmed by the price and the strangeness of having to physically patch wires. ooohhhhh. aaahhhh.

sadly i was pretty damn broke and put the dream on the shelf. that was fall 06.

in May 07 things started to pick up for me financially and i got the modular itch again. but this time i researched it deeper and found frac!! bought my first skb, frac rack, psu and modules in June 07. the rest is history.

sandyb

Muff Wiggler wrote:
sandyb wrote:

lol

I will not grow a large Eurorack rig. mad

I will not extend to multiple cabinets of Euro. d'oh!

I will have some TipTop Audio modules racked up for beta testing. 8)

It's really not going to go much beyond there. I may pick up a Dual Cyclotron and/or an AFG if I happen to bump into them on the used market at a time when I have the cash around.

But all the stuff I said in the 'not going euro' thread still remains true. Please don't anyone hold their breath on an ever-expanding Euro rig over here. It's not going to happen.

I only did this because I'm going to need to do something to support TipTop's modules, and I happened to find out about these cheap racks. Otherwise this wouldn't be happening.

It's all TipTop's fault cry

very frustrating must resist love

smile

felix

Muff Wiggler wrote:

I'll put money down that you'll pick up at least one of the Plan B "Vector Plotter" joystick mods. I know I'll get at least 1 because it's so much more bad ass than what I was going to make with my joysticks.

I'd also give good odds towards a Harvestman Zorlon Canon in your future. Nothing fits with that Tyme Sefari like a Zorlon Canon.

Muff Wiggler

i dunno... I already have four joysticks in my system, and two jags. The only thing that really strikes me about that Plan B unit is the kinetic gate, and I can patch the same function using a CGS slope detector (i have two of those also).

I have to admit a strong affinity to all the Harvestman stuff. But I'm being a total scrooge with Euro gear. It's gotta offer me something UNIQUE, IMPORTANT and something I can't do with existing modules. I've basically bought as many frac modules as I could find and afford. That's not gonna be the case with euro stuff, because it's not going beyond a single frame, or two at most. I will NOT be buying multiples of euro racks and power supplies. With the Zorlon Cannon, I'm not convinced it offers much that I can't achieve with some combination of Dark Star Chaos, Woggle Bug and Noise Ring. Please do correct me if I'm vastly wrong, I admit to not having spent a lot of time pouring over all the specs.....been overwhelmed enough just with my frac gear!

Chuck E. Jesus

i just think a well rounded system and solid ideas will result in good music, i can't be bothered with the format wars...i've already said i have a smaller system than some, bigger than others...but i have an endless amount of variety, and any mods i add will expand on my options...i am just so fucking happy with what i have, anything on top of it is cool stacked on cool, and i think most of us are in the same situation.... thumbs up

Kwote

yeah format doesn't mean shit to me, but frac satisfies what i'm going for. fresh sounding, affordable, not impending on my already limited space. easy enough to find, buy used or new and build.

of course other formats have their appeal but there's so much just within frac that i feel overwhelmed enough. i really don't think having various formats is gonna make or break me as an artist.

hell i used to just have turntables, mixer and records only to get by. probably would've survived just fine off that if i had the desire/will to do so.

Muff Wiggler

no matter what stuff i buy, and how much of it, my tunes will always suck

i knew that before even buying my first module razz

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11