MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

oh snap
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 [all]
Author oh snap
parasitk
consumed wrote:
tnx! its an ewi tourcase, 12u 10" deep:

http://audiopile.net/products/Cases/RUE-10_series_rack_cases/R12UE-10/ R12UE-10_cutsheet.asp

Wow, a 12U, 10" deep rack is EXACTLY what I've been looking for for my Frac (and future Euro) setup - thanks!! we're not worthy
consumed
miminashi wrote:
Nice work, consumed. That's a real inspiration. I'm definitely gonna get one of those HAA15s. May I ask where you bought yours? Looks like it's in nice shape.

sure, i got them here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7602668477

i asked they please examine the power supplies that they have VW1 and VW2 jumpers intact. the one psu ive pulled out of the shipment did have the jumpers intact. they are little metal links that get clipped if you are configuring the PSU for 15v operation. the psus were in good shape but definitely used and very dusty.
dougcl
This is so great. I just bought eight of those power supplies. I wish I had found this forum before I bought the more expensive stuff.
miminashi
Hey, I just fired up my rack for the first time. Works a treat! It's ghetto as all hell.. you don't even wanna see how I've rigged up the power supply. Couldn't get the damn standoffs attached to my bus board, either, so that fucker is just floppin' around in there like a trout. Can't wait to have the nephews over..

One thing I'm noticing is a bit of hum. I reckon it's gotta be a grounding issue, but as far as I can tell I have everything hooked up properly.. I have the "COM" terminal on the PSU hooked up to the third pin on the the AC cord, and I have the grounding strip on the bus board attached to the chassis.. so, is there something I'm missing? PS, the only module I have is an A.Sys RS-100 filter.. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Ah fuck it, here's an image just to make y'all cringe:

GCF
Consumed- Is there not much space left behind the racks for a power supply? From the pictures it looks like your racks go right up to the edge of the back. Does the back still fit on fine? Thanks.
parasitk
Racks like that tend to have semi-deep rack lids, so I'm sure they fit on just fine!
consumed
miminashi wrote:
One thing I'm noticing is a bit of hum. I reckon it's gotta be a grounding issue, but as far as I can tell I have everything hooked up properly.. I have the "COM" terminal on the PSU hooked up to the third pin on the the AC cord, and I have the grounding strip on the bus board attached to the chassis..

you need to set it up the other way around. run your ground wire from the wall to your PSU chassis (ideally). the COM (common) output from your PSU connects to your busboard.
consumed
GCF wrote:
Consumed- Is there not much space left behind the racks for a power supply? From the pictures it looks like your racks go right up to the edge of the back. Does the back still fit on fine? Thanks.

the power supply is sitting on the rear rail of the bottom rack. it is nearly flush with the rear of the rack itself. it all fits inside of the rear rails, which have a little clearance to the back lid. there is plenty of room.
miminashi
consumed wrote:
you need to set it up the other way around. run your ground wire from the wall to your PSU chassis (ideally). the COM (common) output from your PSU connects to your busboard.

Thanks, consumed! You always come through with the pertinent info. I'll give that a try.

P.S. Nice! That surely did the trick. No more hum. Thanks again!
futuresoundsystems
Schroff rack assembled and ready to go here Mr. Green
dougcl
Another score! 36U now. I really need to stop.
dougcl
A few racks appear to be available here:

http://www.ciesurplus.com/?dest=inventory&item=V00199997099000010142

No idea how well they will work. Just picked one up for $9.99. It was about $30 shipping to PNW though. Stuff is in VA. I will at least have to fit a couple of spare Schroff rails across the front... or maybe that middle rail across the back will work.

Doug
ideovideov
wrong thread
Kent
Forums are awkward? Try dragging that monster to gigs!
ideovideov
wrong thread
ideovideov
looks like i posted in the wrong thread. mmm.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 [all]
Page 11 of 11