MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rashad Becker album
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Rashad Becker album
vlk
Wow. Sounds pretty modular, maybe(?), and very great.

Samples:
http://boomkat.com/downloads/764698-rashad-becker-traditional-music-of -notional-species-vol-i
digidandy
Just bought this today ... fantastic!

Definitely modular, but he seems to have processed some of the modular audio (timestretch etc.).

Not surprisingly, considering his engineering & mastering background, the SOUND is incredible, and spacious as h*ll.
richard
Wonderful record. This is what modulars are for in my world.
Ucture
Great !
Thanks for the link
LNR
i have seen him perform live and he was GOOD!
can't wait to buy this record.
LNR
oh and he was not playing live with modular.
digidandy
What WAS he playing live with? Do you know?
narwhal
absolutely fantastic record. best i've heard in a long time.

He's in the July Wire. I checked the thumbnail of the issue online and spotted an S1, a Schippmann filter and if i'm not mistaken that's a Shure Auxpander matrix mixer beneath it.

call me eagle eye;)

Will probably buy a copy tomorrow.

live i've seen him use nord micromodulars and a boss rc50 looper.

narwhal
LNR
he had a korg electribe with him for sure but i can't remember anything more.

great video.
digidandy
Marvellous video! Seems like he's got enough new stuff for another release already. wink
richard
It is almost orchestral in approach this record. Quite primitive, brutal, overwhelming. Definitely brings something rather personal and new to the table.
bodo
Really liking the album as well, sounds so very organic and mesmerizing.
secretkillerofnames
Yeah this is great! Been waiting for it since reading that Wire article and it isn't disappointing. Very pointy! Fencing
Tooths
Awesome, thanks for the heads up It's motherfucking bacon yo
vlk
I think he's been involved in mastering all these GRM reissues. Some influence from there perhaps.
analogue01
Love this album. Keep returning to it.

digidandy wrote:
Definitely modular, but he seems to have processed some of the modular audio (timestretch etc.)

There's a fact mag interview where he says it's mostly an Xpander, Waldorf Microwave, and some Cwejman. In that order.

narwhal wrote:

Can anyone make out what he's using here. Looks like a minibrute... but what else?
jc
Got this record right when it came out. Interesting sounds throughout, I keep coming back to it so it's definitely made an impression on me.
richard
Rashad came to our AUXXX concert last night so I took the opportunity to ask him exactly what he used on the record. He told me:

Oberheim Expander
Waldorf Microwave
Nord Modular (G1)

I didn't get the chance to ask him about software. I am surprised, there are some envelopes on there that made me think I was hearing a MATHS

So there you are (nice fellow by the way)
analogue01
Thanks Richard! Making me kind of miss my G1 wink
richard
yeah, actually the reason I didn't ask about software - or get to discuss mastering with him (which I would really like to do one day) is that we both started effusing about what a great synth the G1 is hihi
kssm
thumbs up Great video. Here is a great read on his thoughts on mastering from 2008, I was just reading it over somebody's shoulder. He's mastered some of the best experimental releases over the past few years!
http://www.monolake.de/interviews/mastering.html
catchpenny
mbleming
I need reminders like this every once in a while...its talent, not gear that makes for a compelling listen!!! I'm always looking for the newest coolest thing to fill that hole where my talent and creativity reside seriously, i just don't get it
narwhal
great vid thanks for posting thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3