MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VRG build error, advice please.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author VRG build error, advice please.
Paradigm X
OK, so im an idiot.

Ive built the vrg using the issue1 docs, when ive got an issue 2 board.

I only realised just as id finished. cry d'oh!

So, just thought Id ask, is there anything i can do other than desolder all of them and start again? I guess not.

Ive cross-referenced all the r values, and theres only about 4 or 5 that are the same.

Not a criticisim in any way btw, its very clear from the docs, just somehow id printed out a isues one BG rather than an issue 2.

Doh.

Also, while im asking, can the 1k temcos be 1/8watt rather than 1/4watt? Ive got a bunch of tiny ones. This would apply to all oakley modules as well. Ive got some of the larger ones if need be but wnated to save them for the vco.

Many thanks, Ben
Dead Banana
Synthbuilder
Paradigm X wrote:
Is there anything i can do other than desolder all of them and start again?

No. All the wrong values will have to come out. Sorry!

Quote:
can the 1k temcos be 1/8watt rather than 1/4watt?

Yes. +3500ppm/K is the value you are looking for. +3000ppm/K will do in less needy applications like the VRG and filters.

Tony
Paradigm X
Thanks Tony

Thought that might be the case. d'oh!

Well, lesson learned, double check youre using the correct docs before building. I need to check im using the correct ones for the cota and the VCLFO which are also (nearly) finished.

Will practise my desoldering as well. Was half thinking of buying a decent desoldering tool. Do you use one or just the standard pump/braid?

Many thanks, ben
Synthbuilder
Paradigm X wrote:
Was half thinking of buying a decent desoldering tool. Do you use one or just the standard pump/braid?

Just a pump and braid - I find Multicore's braid the best.

Don't bother saving the resistors. Just snip the leads and pull the wire stumps out from the bottom of the board as you heat the pad. Then suck the solder from the opposite side of the board to that which you are heating, ie. sucking the solder away from the tip of the iron. The board is best placed in table vice to do this.

Tony
Paradigm X
Ahh, thats a good idea.

Cheers Tony, thanks for your help.
thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1