MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel - Dual ADSR 14hp (OFFICIAL)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Intellijel - Dual ADSR 14hp (OFFICIAL)
intellijel

Introducing the Intellijel Dual ADSR

The circuit is based in part on the Roland SH-101 / System100m design with several enhancements.

-Manual GATE buttons
-Three timing ranges: (1 second, 10second, 1minute A/D times)
-Normal and inverted outputs
-End of Decay (EOD) logic output
-Cycle mode (which GATE logic control)
-Retrig input (allows re-triggering of the envelope if source gate held high)
- Dynamic control of the envelope output level (each ADSR is routed through a linear VCA and the control is normalled to +5V via the LEVEL jack. You can patch another control source like an LFO or VELOCITY level from a keyboard to this jack.
-14HP
-60mA +12V
-49mA -12V
-Depth: 38mm
-Price $220

Currently at the factory and available in about two weeks.

337is
Are the faders bolted on? *JOKE* ;-)

This looks fantastic and the fact that it can auto cycle makes it even more useful. Also, I love manual gate buttons. I compulsively keep hitting the one on my Planar.
acidbob
Does anyone care to explain how to use the retrig?

Lets say from a keyboard, midi to CV?

What does it mean, what does it do?
Federico
This is pretty exciting stuff.
To me AR and AD envelopes can sound a little awkward for some applications. And it's very nice to finally have an available, slider ADSR.
meatbeatz
This is great!

I'm secretly hoping this'll be followed up with a 2HP expander with VC over the stages. Otherwise this is ticking all the boxes.
mildheadwound
Retrig works, (this is going off a Asys-rs60 envelope), like this; when you hit a key, it spits out a gate. The first time you hit it, it plays the entrie ADSR of the envelope. If you mult that gate to the retrig, you can hold the note, and the release will come after you let go. You can also, hold a note, and when you hit another note, it retriggers the AD part of the envelope, but the pitch will change. When you let go of the second note, the pitch will jump back to the first note, still being held.

Looks like a wicked module!
SPIKE the Percussionist
NEATO!
acidbob
mildheadwound wrote:
Retrig works, (this is going off a Asys-rs60 envelope), like this; when you hit a key, it spits out a gate. The first time you hit it, it plays the entrie ADSR of the envelope. If you mult that gate to the retrig, you can hold the note, and the release will come after you let go. You can also, hold a note, and when you hit another note, it retriggers the AD part of the envelope, but the pitch will change. When you let go of the second note, the pitch will jump back to the first note, still being held.

Looks like a wicked module!

Thanks mildheadwound, great explanation.
I'm going to buy this for sure
intellijel
mildheadwound wrote:

The Dual ADSR does not work as described above.

Let's say you were playing from a keyboard that only had GATE and CV out and you patched your gate to the ADSR (controlling a VCA) and CV to a VCO.
Everytime you hold down a key the envelope will go through the AD stage and then be held at the sustain level until the gate signal goes low.

Now if you are still holding the key on the keyboard down and then you press a new key, the pitch will change but the Envelope will remain in it's sustain phase (legato playing).

This is fine but sometimes you are using your gate output to trigger two ADSRs where one is controlling the filter cutoff and the other is controlling the output VCA. You may want each new legatto note that is triggered to also re-trigger the ADSR controlling the envelope so you would need to patch a re-trigger output from the keyboard to the re-trig input of the ADSR.

Quite a few CV capable keyboards don't have re-trig outputs but they let you specify the gate behavior. i.e. When playing legatto a new key pressed may result in the held gate being pulled low and then go back high so that the ADSR it is driving re-starts.
nearly ghost
applause very nice!
acidbob
Oh ok, thanks, that's good info.

Maybe you should consider writing that in the manual?
(for dummies like me) hihi

So lets say I would use a midi to CV with:
CV to pitch
Gate to envelope
additional CV for other duties like pitchbend or modwheel.

Could I do like this

CV to Pitch of oscillator.
Gate to mult to envelope 1 (VCA) and envelope 2 (Filter)
additional CV out to comparator to gate-delay to retrig-in

Could i patch the gate I used for the mult to also go to gate-delay time?

Or another idea, could I use the EOD out to a VCA to re-trig.
And that way turn the re-trig on/off?

Sorry for hijacking the thread for my question.
But any suggestions would be great
Morley
Nice. If I had any euro, this would be an ADSR I'd go for.
Entrainer
Is this -/+8V? Or, is it possible to tune with uVCA II for all the
way closed and open with best possible SNR specs?

(sorry, still uncertain what voltage opens the uVCA all the way, I think it's
+8V?)

And the envelope curve = linear?

Looks exactly like what I want in the pic, the AMSynths is always sold out.
Intellijel is almost always in circulation.

THX-
intellijel
Entrainer wrote:
Is this -/+8V? Or, is it possible to tune with uVCA II for all the
way closed and open with best possible SNR specs?

(sorry, still uncertain what voltage opens the uVCA all the way, I think it's
+8V?)

And the envelope curve = linear?

THX-

The envelope peak is approximately 8V.

The uVCA is designed to fully open with +5V so this envelope (and the Quadra) will allow for even more gain if they are not attenuated.

Curve is exponential just like the SH-101/System100m
Entrainer
intellijel wrote:

The envelope peak is approximately 8V.

The uVCA is designed to fully open with +5V so this envelope (and the Quadra) will allow for even more gain if they are not attenuated.

Curve is exponential just like the SH-101/System100m

Thanks! Nice that it's exponential, that can get snappy with adjustable VCA.
I suppose you can just tune the uVCA to sound "right" and leave it.
Fleggy
Massive fan of this ADSR! Sliders for the mothefucking win!!! applause
paperCUT
Definitely getting this one, has everything I want smile Is the inverted output also affected by the level CV in?
CF3
applause applause applause

Very well done sir. Will definitely pick one of these up. I love envelopes.
SunSpots
definitely my choice when I'm ready for some ADSR action.
intellijel
paperCUT wrote:
Definitely getting this one, has everything I want smile Is the inverted output also affected by the level CV in?

yes the level affects both polarity outputs. The red led that shows the envelope level will also change accordingly too.
djthopa
Looking great Danjel!
Remote337
I can't believe this only a few days ago I was thinking how much more visual the ADSR sliders on my JP6 are compared to modular.

Another score Danjel! :yay
ws9848
I do like the sliders
visible cow
As a fan of the yamaha cs-15 this looks right up my alley. Quick question: If I sent a trigger to my analogue systems rs60 it would act as an AD envelope. Will this behave similarly? Not a deal breaker, just curious.
ewox
Hot DAMN! Danjel you've nailed it woah
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3