MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

first review- I DREAM OF WIRES
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author first review- I DREAM OF WIRES
Lineofcontrol
I was privileged to be able to view an advance copy of the film "I dream of wires" and to interview Jason Amm (Solvent) who was the co-writer, producer and creator of the soundtrack. Quite possibly one of the best synth films ever made.

See:

http://waveformless.blogspot.ca/2013/08/i-dream-of-wires-exclusive-rev iew-and.html

For those of you who ordered a copy, they should be arriving to your doorsteps soon! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
narwhal
brilliant. this can't come soon enough. definitely looking forward to grabbing a few beers and nerding out over this one. Guinness ftw!

As an aside I really hope no one pirates this and undermines all the hard work that's clearly been lavished. Hope they get a distribution deal shortly.
The Hamburglar
I wish I could just pay $10 for a one-time stream.
mckenic
narwhal wrote:
As an aside I really hope no one pirates this and undermines all the hard work that's clearly been lavished.

Couldnt agree more and I thought it was sad that they had to ask folks not to pirate on their Facebook post. I do feel for the folks that didnt get a chance to pre-order it but even selling it 2nd hand would feel like taking money out of their hands to me.
EMwhite
I didn't mind paying whatever it was I paid months ago for it. But then again, I buy ALL of my music on iTunes unless I'm at a retail location like Starbucks, or I can find something in special packaging on Amazon and can get the media; apparently, the polar opposite from two generation of folks my dad (69) and my daughter (20) they are big on pirating apparently.

Here I am in the middle paying for stuff I can easily get for free. Proud to have titles like these on my physical bookshelf even if I may only watch it twice. Good to have for later, to show somebody and happy to give the producers coin for their hard work and passion... but to be honest, I haven't kept up to date on when it's going to be delivered. Am sure the answer is 3 clicks away... anybody know when it will be delivered?
s o l v e n t
EMwhite wrote:
... anybody know when it will be delivered?

I do!: http://idreamofwires.org/shippingupdate

Short answer: I've shipped some and have most of the rest packaged up and waiting for a drop off at the post office - will be shipping the bulk of these next week.

Thanks for the kind words Sunil and others on this thread!
aerror
Quote:
Short answer: I've shipped some and have most of the rest packaged up and waiting for a drop off at the post office - will be shipping the bulk of these next week.

is it still possible to order a copy? i took a look on the website but didn't found out...
sempervirent
I (hopefully) have a copy of the Hardcore Edition on the way. Looking forward to it!
acidbob
Great review, and many more to come, im certain that this film will go into history.

Too bad about Richard, but I mean he could have done just one proper interview. A Little chat about the Fenix
BTG
For those of us that ordered the Battery Acid as well, does that come with the movie or is it being shipped separate? For that will we at least get a shipping confirmation?
sduck
I've completely forgotten what level of this thing I bought into. I know I got some form that came with the dvd, but other than that, I dunno.
s o l v e n t
BTG wrote:
For those of us that ordered the Battery Acid as well, does that come with the movie or is it being shipped separate? For that will we at least get a shipping confirmation?

They ship together
meatbeatz
Hardcore! SlayerBadger!
ignatius
s o l v e n t wrote:
BTG wrote:

They ship together

t-shirt purchases as well i assume?

anyway - congrats.. must feel great to be shipping these out. quite awesome. can't wait to see it applause thumbs up
Cozmic023
Cool review thumbs up

Totally looking forward to the delivery of 'IDOW Hardcore Edition'!! SlayerBadger!

Must be patient....... lol

Cheers
Lee
s o l v e n t
ignatius wrote:
s o l v e n t wrote:
BTG wrote:

They ship together

t-shirt purchases as well i assume?

anyway - congrats.. must feel great to be shipping these out. quite awesome. can't wait to see it applause thumbs up

Yes all purchases will be shipped together.

The only exception is certain IndieGoGo perks that are not yet ready: soundtrack CD, soundtrack LP, and DVD-R boxset. These 3 things are not yet done and will be shipped separately at a later date. Everything else is done and shipping.

Seeing this project come to fruition is definitely satisfying!

However it'll be much more enjoyable for me when my house doesn't look like a distribution center, I'm not toiling away my summer days, and I'm not receiving and replying to dozens of questions every day about shipping! I KNOW that sounds like I'm bitching but I say it fully understanding that people are anxious, and many are frustrated... It'll be It's peanut butter jelly time! time for me when these are all out the door. I am really anxious for people to see it!
Oldstench
And we're anxious to watch. I haven't been this excited about a documentary in a very long time. I'm sure I speak for all wigglers when I say that we really appreciate the time and hard work that you've put in to this.
corpusjonsey
aerror wrote:

is it still possible to order a copy? i took a look on the website but didn't found out...

Yeah how do we order one?
s o l v e n t
corpusjonsey wrote:
aerror wrote:

From the trailer text description on Vimeo/YouTube:

"Strictly limited edition 4-hour cut, available to order until April 30, exclusively via idreamofwires.org ... and then it's gone.

ARE YOU HARDCORE? Placing your order before April 30 is your only option to own the extended "Hardcore Edition" cut."

Theatrical cut should be widely available from places like iTunes, Netflix, etc, hopefully later this year.
CJ Miller
I am very much looking forward to my Hardcore Edition. I do sort of regret that I did not make it in time for the full DVDR box. Over the past week I have begun looking out for my disc. My son asked what it was, and I explained it to him as kind of like "Muff Wiggler: The Movie", to which he said eek!
lol

I can hardly wait!
aerror
s o l v e n t wrote:
corpusjonsey wrote:
aerror wrote:

From the trailer text description on Vimeo/YouTube:

"Strictly limited edition 4-hour cut, available to order until April 30, exclusively via idreamofwires.org ... and then it's gone.

ARE YOU HARDCORE? Placing your order before April 30 is your only option to own the extended "Hardcore Edition" cut."

Theatrical cut should be widely available from places like iTunes, Netflix, etc, hopefully later this year.

..clearly implies that i'm not hardcore..
mechie
Lineofcontrol wrote:
http://waveformless.blogspot.ca/2013/08/i-dream-of-wires-exclusive-rev iew-and.html...

From which I lifted the following lines :-
Quote:
After all 100 interviews were finished, Jason and Robert had thousands of hours of footage to somehow make into a film

Quote:
One of the Indiegogo perks ... a yet to be made DVD-R box set of almost all of the interviews in full

Right, so if you record video for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week you will need to work for 20 weeks to get 1000 hours of film eek!
remember that this is recording for 10 hours non-stop every day, no meal breaks,no travel time, no holidays, just recording!
but...
that's not enough, we need "thousands of hours" - let' say just 2 thousand (the smallest quantity you could call "thousands"...
We have now been filming for 40 weeks NON STOP, every week.

Now watch it all to see what we got (another 40 weeks of 10 hour days) - start to edit - watch that edit - swap a few bits and add some more...

WTF How come these TWO GUYS aren't still just trying to work out what they recorded? we're not worthy

I am absolutely amazed that anything ever got finalised, let alone slightly slipped on release date.

As a side issue, if the DVD-R boxed set is ONE thousand hours of video I will be using my entire holiday allowance for the next 3.7 YEARS to watch it all help I have way under-estimated what was on offer.

Robert, Jason, you both deserve your plaques on the synth wall of fame, in gold letters!
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
s o l v e n t
mechie wrote:
Lineofcontrol wrote:
http://waveformless.blogspot.ca/2013/08/i-dream-of-wires-exclusive-rev iew-and.html...

From which I lifted the following lines :-
Quote:
After all 100 interviews were finished, Jason and Robert had thousands of hours of footage to somehow make into a film

Quote:
One of the Indiegogo perks ... a yet to be made DVD-R box set of almost all of the interviews in full

Right, so if you record video for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week you will need to work for 20 weeks to get 1000 hours of film eek!
remember that this is recording for 10 hours non-stop every day, no meal breaks,no travel time, no holidays, just recording!
but...
that's not enough, we need "thousands of hours" - let' say just 2 thousand (the smallest quantity you could call "thousands"...
We have now been filming for 40 weeks NON STOP, every week.

Now watch it all to see what we got (another 40 weeks of 10 hour days) - start to edit - watch that edit - swap a few bits and add some more...

WTF How come these TWO GUYS aren't still just trying to work out what they recorded? we're not worthy

I am absolutely amazed that anything ever got finalised, let alone slightly slipped on release date.

As a side issue, if the DVD-R boxed set is ONE thousand hours of video I will be using my entire holiday allowance for the next 3.7 YEARS to watch it all help I have way under-estimated what was on offer.

Robert, Jason, you both deserve your plaques on the synth wall of fame, in gold letters!
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

Cheers! Thanks for the kind words, although I'm not sure where he got "1000 hours of film" - maybe Sunil wrote that but it's not accurate. There were over 100 interviews, on average they were about an hour long... it was a lot but not that insane!

I can tell you it was extremely overwhelming to sort through this footage and make a film out of it. That credit mainly goes to Robert who had to live a very hermetic lifestyle for the past year to make sense out of it all and make it into a film. It's been an epic undertaking for both of us, no doubt
LameAim
Sad that I missed out on the Blu-rays, wish I could still order a set.
stu
That was f***ing sweet....!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2