MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

quad plague bearer broken?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author quad plague bearer broken?
Tsarik
i have a quad plague bearer ver 3.2. i recently moved. i tried to use the plague bearer today and couldn't get any sound... i noticed i had a 9v power supply plugged in.. checked manual and it said 12v 250ma... i could only find a 12v 200ma...

still no sound... could i have damaged it with the wrong supply? or do i just need to find the 12v 250ma? i don't know shit about electronics. thanks
Tsarik
still haven't found any other power adapters.. i swear the 9v one is the one that came with it when i purchased it
sonicwarrior
Tsarik wrote:
could i have damaged it with the wrong supply?

Usually you can damage it only with too much voltage and reverse connection.

Power adapters have the following parameters:
- AC or DC, this should be printed on your device or stated in the manual
- Voltage (as the Eurorack Plague Bearer runs with +/- 12 V my guess is the + 12 V is the right voltage and if the manual would be wrong here that would be a critical documentation bug)
- Current (Take the a minimum of what is written on your device so in your case 500 mA would also work, 200 mA wouldn't be enough)
- Jack type (You will see when it's the wrong type so this is not the problem here)
- Jack polarization (+ on the inside or outside?), this should be printed on your device or stated in the manual
Tsarik
found the correct power source. no damage was done to the unit from the use of too little or too much voltage. everything works fine
sonicwarrior
Great. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1