MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NeinOhNein boxed - whoos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author NeinOhNein boxed - whoos
The Big Ear
Hey,
Strange things going on here.
I got the Kick and the Rim together with some of my own clones (808 clap/snare/BD) all working fine. But when I put them together in a box, the neinohnein kick and rim are failing.
I than tested all the modules separately again, all fine. Put everything together again, the same problem.

When failing, the rim's pitch is different and the oscillators knobs behave differently. The kick just spits out some noise.

I have to admit, it' a big spaghetti inside the box. Some of the wires going to the pots are excessively long. Could this be the reason for this strange behavior?

Cheers,
ToAd
hexinverter
The Big Ear wrote:
Hey,
Strange things going on here.
I got the Kick and the Rim together with some of my own clones (808 clap/snare/BD) all working fine. But when I put them together in a box, the neinohnein kick and rim are failing.
I than tested all the modules separately again, all fine. Put everything together again, the same problem.

When failing, the rim's pitch is different and the oscillators knobs behave differently. The kick just spits out some noise.

I have to admit, it' a big spaghetti inside the box. Some of the wires going to the pots are excessively long. Could this be the reason for this strange behavior?

Cheers,
ToAd

Hmm, sounds like something is wrong for sure. Is your power supply strong enough? Have you wired something wrong?

I really don't know where to begin suggesting where to look...keep trying!
The Big Ear
Got it.

I used a piece of foam to put underneath the kick PCB, as this PCB only got 2 mounting holes. Apparently the foam was conducting a bit...

Solved now.

Cheers,
hexinverter
The Big Ear wrote:
Got it.

I used a piece of foam to put underneath the kick PCB, as this PCB only got 2 mounting holes. Apparently the foam was conducting a bit...

Solved now.

Cheers,

Ooooo...that would do it! I believe the fundamental oscillators in the kick would be highly sensitive to even minor conductance on the back of the PCB. Glad you got it sorted! applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1