NeinOhNein boxed - whoos

Discussion for Hexinverter eurorack modules - email Hex if you need anything urgent!

Moderators: Kent, hexinverter

The Big Ear
Common Wiggler

NeinOhNein boxed - whoos

Post by The Big Ear » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Hey,
Strange things going on here.
I got the Kick and the Rim together with some of my own clones (808 clap/snare/BD) all working fine. But when I put them together in a box, the neinohnein kick and rim are failing.
I than tested all the modules separately again, all fine. Put everything together again, the same problem.

When failing, the rim's pitch is different and the oscillators knobs behave differently. The kick just spits out some noise.

I have to admit, it' a big spaghetti inside the box. Some of the wires going to the pots are excessively long. Could this be the reason for this strange behavior?

Cheers,
ToAd

hexinverter
the nettles make me think happy times

Re: NeinOhNein boxed - whoos

Post by hexinverter » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:36 pm

The Big Ear wrote:Hey,
Strange things going on here.
I got the Kick and the Rim together with some of my own clones (808 clap/snare/BD) all working fine. But when I put them together in a box, the neinohnein kick and rim are failing.
I than tested all the modules separately again, all fine. Put everything together again, the same problem.

When failing, the rim's pitch is different and the oscillators knobs behave differently. The kick just spits out some noise.

I have to admit, it' a big spaghetti inside the box. Some of the wires going to the pots are excessively long. Could this be the reason for this strange behavior?

Cheers,
ToAd
Hmm, sounds like something is wrong for sure. Is your power supply strong enough? Have you wired something wrong?

I really don't know where to begin suggesting where to look...keep trying!
Hexinverter Électronique
em: stacy[at]hexinverter.net

The Big Ear
Common Wiggler

Post by The Big Ear » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:04 am

Got it.

I used a piece of foam to put underneath the kick PCB, as this PCB only got 2 mounting holes. Apparently the foam was conducting a bit...

Solved now.

Cheers,

hexinverter
the nettles make me think happy times

Post by hexinverter » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:33 am

The Big Ear wrote:Got it.

I used a piece of foam to put underneath the kick PCB, as this PCB only got 2 mounting holes. Apparently the foam was conducting a bit...

Solved now.

Cheers,
Ooooo...that would do it! I believe the fundamental oscillators in the kick would be highly sensitive to even minor conductance on the back of the PCB. Glad you got it sorted! :yay:
Hexinverter Électronique
em: stacy[at]hexinverter.net

Return to “Hexinverter Electronique”