MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I Dream of Wires
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author I Dream of Wires
EarlJemmings
So- yesterday I swung by and picked up my copy of IDOW hardcore edition blu ray hyper
And guys
guys

It's well worth the wait

The first part covers the beginnings of synths briefly,
including even the humble electric sackbut (which I had never heard of)
and the beginning and evolution of the modular synth.

Second part goes on to talk about resurgence, modern formats, a bit on the diy scene, interviews with band members,
with wigglers and even has a small chunk on muffwiggler.com thumbs up

Talking about eurorack, it brought up the interesting point on panel design
that a chunk of euro manufacturers were originally in stompboxes
maybe obvious, but something I hadn't considered. I think it also says something of the functionality and form therein as well.
How euro was an escape from the conservative nature of guitarists screaming goo yo
and more and more and more

Anyway, It is well worth the wait, interviews were very professional
Video looks great, soundtrack is fun and weird
Came with a button, some stickers, and nicely printed pictures from the modular picture of the week contest.
So far I have really enjoyed it, not quite finished yet though, wasn't able to watch the whole thing last night, got too late Dead Banana

I also picked up a shirt while I was there. And lemme tell you.
It is comfy, and stylish.

So good work guys, it's beautiful, and I have learned a lot so far, and my fuck is it inspiring.
And sorry I become a socially inept blob when talking to people, I wish I could have brought myself to talk to you more.

Wiggle on!
radiokoala
EarlJemmings wrote:
And sorry I become a socially inept blob when talking to people, I wish I could have brought myself to talk to you more.

Ah, c'mon you said about button, some stickers and nicely printed pictures... what more I need to know !! hyper
Noisefan
I ordered the DVD in April. Haven't heard any kind of shipping notice yet.
ignatius
why is this in the eurorack subforum?
Summa
ignatius wrote:

because this is where the shit happens.. screaming goo yo . I think I asked a question 2 months ago in the Frac forum and still no reply... says it all.. seriously, i just don't get it
Isolde and Isobelle
Summa wrote:
ignatius wrote:

because this is where the shit happens.. screaming goo yo . I think I asked a question 2 months ago in the Frac forum and still no reply... says it all.. seriously, i just don't get it

... True! applause
mechie
Noisefan wrote:
I ordered the DVD in April. Haven't heard any kind of shipping notice yet.

This has been covered several times in the ....
'I Dream of Wires' subforum Dead Banana
radiokoala
Summa wrote:
ignatius wrote:

Well I once posted a vid in eurorack forum, expected two pages of replies, but got 0. Maybe venus was in aquarius that day tho Mr. Green
Matos
radiokoala
We only talk about cats, lightning bolts, knobs, and GAS here. Keep your actual music making for somewhere else bub! angry
EarlJemmings
Summa wrote:
ignatius wrote:

Yeah, sorry, but pretty much this. I considered putting it in the IDOW section
but I feel that is more for their official announcements then my yammering. seriously, i just don't get it

If any mods feel like swooping it away to it's proper place, I am in your power we're not worthy
ignatius
if you just click

"show new posts since last visit"

then all the new posts show up regardless of what subforum they're in.
sonicwarrior
ignatius wrote:

You can also subscribe to the subforums and get notifications of new threads then which is what I did with the IDOW section and the sections of the manufacturers I'm interested in.
ignatius
sonicwarrior wrote:
ignatius wrote:

You can also subscribe to the subforums and get notifications of new threads then which is what I did with the IDOW section and the sections of the manufacturers I'm interested in.

thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1