MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A pic of your MOTM/ModcanB in a Dotcom Portable Case?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author A pic of your MOTM/ModcanB in a Dotcom Portable Case?
oblis
I'm thinking about moving my ModcanB to a dotcom portable case...Should allow for 13 Modcan spaces per row, which I think would be the perfect size for me...along with another portable with MU for sequencing duties. Does anyone have a pick of an all MOTM or Modcan B in one of these? Just curious how it looks with the leftover gap.

Thanks!
JohnLRice
How did it turn out? hmmm..... I'd love to see some pictures! w00t
DJFonzi
Apparently not too well. I'll be picking up said portable case from FeEx tomorrow. It's peanut butter jelly time!
oblis
DJFonzi wrote:
Apparently not too well. I'll be picking up said portable case from FeEx tomorrow. It's peanut butter jelly time!

Ha, I ended up selling my Modcan B to go Euro, then sold the Euro to go back to MU, then sold that and now starting a Modcan A... eek! help hyper ...it's driving my wife nuts, I think...but, anyway, it did look pretty nice!

JohnLRice
oblis wrote:
Ha, I ended up selling my Modcan B to go Euro, then sold the Euro to go back to MU, then sold that and now starting a Modcan A... eek! help hyper ...it's driving my wife nuts, I think...but, anyway, it did look pretty nice!
eek! hmmm..... lol You so crazy! hihi nanners
alternating.bit
oblis wrote:
DJFonzi wrote:

I'm just surprised she didn't leave you.
JohnLRice
alternating.bit wrote:
oblis wrote:
DJFonzi wrote:

Maybe every time she was getting ready to leave him he's say "OK OK OK! I'll sell the modular!" then he slowly build up the next system, until she was getting ready to leave him he's say "OK OK OK! I'll sell the modular!" and then he's slowly build up the next system until . . . Bump! hihi
NYMo
JohnLRice wrote:
alternating.bit wrote:
oblis wrote:
DJFonzi wrote:

Maybe every time she was getting ready to leave him he's say "OK OK OK! I'll sell the modular!" then he slowly build up the next system, until she was getting ready to leave him he's say "OK OK OK! I'll sell the modular!" and then he's slowly build up the next system until . . . Bump! hihi

Ha...very good JLR !!
( btw...little secret that I found out from personal experience ....pomonas are not all that robust and they're clumsy to insert...NOTHING is better than a decent dotcom 5u cable)

Cheers
nidas
oblis wrote:
DJFonzi wrote:

Very good looking modules and case.
DJFonzi
JohnLRice wrote:

I'm convinced my wife must be cheating on me. Last week I pointed at my portable cab, and said "I'm getting another one of those on Friday, about half full, with a bigass sequencer and a couple other modules." She replied, "Oh, sweetie, I'm so happy for you!" eek!
Seriously, though, she's always been awesome about this stuff, even when I was bringing home half-working Polymoogs and T8s in the 90s. She's helped me move various Hammonds over the years, and always says it was my geekiness that she fell in love with back in our Starving Musician days. As much as a PitA as she can be in other ways, I thank my lucky stars she accepts this stuff.
alternating.bit
Such a sad post your pic thread. Only 1 pic so far waah
DJFonzi
It's kind of awesome, too, though. Yeah, it spent a year being really sad with NO replies, but then JLR resurrected it, and not only was there a pic, but it was from the OP, who sucked it up and tried it anyway!
kindredlost
I do the "offset treat" method. She is a sports and car fanatic, so this year I've coughed up the dough for these for my lovely wife...

She wants to build me a studio "out back" which could be a good thing or not. hmmm.....

Back on topic, I put all my MOTM in a separate cabinet because I didn't like the distressed look on my dotcom portables. I need a second cabinet for the various MOTM format modules I have laying around, but no room in the studio for now. Maybe I'll let her build me that Dog House out back after all. sad banana
alternating.bit
kindredlost wrote:
I put all my MOTM in a separate cabinet because I didn't like the distressed look on my dotcom portables.

By "distressed" do you mean that the Dotcoms looks cheaper in comparison, or do you mean how they are slightly recessed vs the more forward-faced metal plates of the MOTM?
I do agree... MOTM puts my Dotcom modules to shame waah
sduck
I think he means the powder coat finish on the MOTM, but that's just speculation - I'm sure KL will inform...
alternating.bit
Has anyone else tried MOTM in a Dotcom portable case??
I'm going through some ideas, but worry most of my MOTM's would require a deeper case.
Also, would I simply make my own screw holes by screwing the MOTM's into the same wood rails?? (Talking about the Dotcom QCP-11)

Here's something I'm considering... I'm betting at least the Morphing Terrarium that sduck built me wouldn't fit.

(This is assuming an 11-space MU would house 13 MOTM spaces?)
Ockeghem
I was hoping the same thing but I have a lot of MOTM format modules still in boxes because they are too deep for the portable 11 cases. I have a custom "portable" Dead Banana MOTM case but not everything fits in there either, especially the DIY MOTM. SynthTech modules fit okay mostly.
alternating.bit
For what its worth, I just tested the Morphing Terrarium in my Box 22. Fit just fine, even with an inch to spare. The depth of that module is 4.5 inches and it looks like you can fit up to 5.5"
alternating.bit
My portable MOTM now has a utility strip from Oakley at the bottom. Rockin' Banana!

bwhittington
Gorgeous looking MOTM set, a.bit. I bet you are dying to find another pair of end caps for that second row to make everything look pretty. hihi
alternating.bit
Good eye. I actually have them, but it's a tricky feat to get the bottom 2U filled on that case... long story short; the screws are actually very short with that DJ case. There's a rear mounted rail to extend the 2U of EMPTY SPACE at the bottom. What I ended up doing is putting the end caps OVER TOP of that center support screw... it makes the side caps bulge just a tad, but looks beautiful. I did that of course after I took that photo.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1