MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

<<<<MiniRigs anyone else on these???????????????
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author <<<<MiniRigs anyone else on these???????????????
leeski
I've been using one of these beasts for awhile with my hand rig.
There will be a sub bass soon too.
Minirigs
oootini
yeah! travel sound. awesome sturdy little things.
drip.feed
Wow! These look fantastic. Do they live up to the hype sound-wise and volume-wise? Rockin' Banana!
leeski
The sub really fills in the spectrum.
Can't wait to get one.
hyper

Have you used yours live?
As thinking it could be good and easy to travel with.
richard
sub?

where? who? what?
leeski
drip.feed wrote:
Wow! These look fantastic. Do they live up to the hype sound-wise and volume-wise? Rockin' Banana!

Yes drip.feed they sound sweet and loud enough for the size

Yes i have seen thee new sub to link with these minirigs and well good soundings for sure.. applause
leeski
richard wrote:
sub?

where? who? what?

BHC303
Wow, these look rad!
IR
Nice bass, but with the bass tube it's already pretty big, and the main unit doesn't seem stereo, does it?

I would really prefer a small boom box.

Also, units that provide extreme bass are not good for recording, because everyone doesn't use them for listening.
GovernorSilver
Looks interesting, but no shipping to the Colonies (US) yet.
leeski
IR wrote:
Nice bass, but with the bass tube it's already pretty big, and the main unit doesn't seem stereo, does it?
Also, units that provide extreme bass are not good for recording, because everyone doesn't use them for listening.

The sub isn't that big and your correct it's a mono speaker like they usually are?

I was think they would be good for live and recording using a sub bass isn't good??? Are you for real!!!

Maybe get a boom box there's plenty out there i guess.

GovernorSilver I thought you could get them from amazon i didn't know they don't ship maybe try the company who make em they might be able to get them there, some how.
GovernorSilver
leeski wrote:

I was think they would be good for live and recording using a sub bass isn't good??? Are you for real!!!

I think he means testing your mix after you've finished recording - to see how it would sound on the "average listener" system. You want to make sure your music will sound good even on consumer grade speakers - not just through top of the line monitors. I'd probably keep my cheap computer speakers just for that purpose, even if I get a pair of these Minirigs.

leeski wrote:

GovernorSilver I thought you could get them from amazon i didn't know they don't ship maybe try the company who make em they might be able to get them there, some how.

I sent an email to the info address. We'll see.
BugBrand
Posts from the same Post Office as me - don't know the guy, Dave, (friend of friend) but he's been doing damn well with them - regularly see him sending off large quantities!

He's got a lot of experience from free-party sound system rigs + a lot of electronics know-how (inc how to source the best parts for the best prices - ie. he doesn't skimp). I've not really tried them out much myself, but everything I've heard suggests that they're extremely well designed & made for the money - you get a lot of cheap portable speakers, but these are designed from an extremely knowledgeable point in terms of sound and electronics.

Why don't I own a pair?! Idiotic me!
(maybe I'll rectify that right now actually)
richard
sounds like a trade possibility there Tom smile
richard
I'm always on the lookout for a portable rig for doing shows in tiny Berlin venues. Would love to try these out
modulator_esp
I've got a pair for stereo SlayerBadger!

wednesdayayay
I'm in the US and would for sure get some of these if they shipped here
leeski
GovernorSilver wrote:

I think he means testing your mix after you've finished recording - to see how it would sound on the "average listener" system. You want to make sure your music will sound good even on consumer grade speakers - not just through top of the line monitors. I'd probably keep my cheap computer speakers just for that purpose, even if I get a pair of these Minirigs.

I understand about mixing and speakers but why so negative when your only showing poeple stuff that's about and i don't know of any boombox which is self powered and chargeable form USB

Loving modulator_esp rig.
GovernorSilver
GovernorSilver wrote:

I sent an email to the info address. We'll see.

This is the reply I received:

Quote:
I'm just working out a distributor in the US currently, the best thing to do is follow us on Facebook and our website for updates.
nrvana8775
Interesting! I only have a bicycle, so I'm always wondering about portable speaker options.
nrvana8775
Oh, mono.....
richard
all speakers are mono if you just buy one
wednesdayayay
two speakers are better than one
GovernorSilver
I plan to get two for stereo, if/when US distribution starts, or when I finally make a trip to the UK - whichever happens first.
limpmeat
I was interested in these, but they seem hard to get, especially in AUS.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2