MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[New Release!!!!] TrAniModule! 8HP Class A Amp/Spkr
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author [New Release!!!!] TrAniModule! 8HP Class A Amp/Spkr
Flux302
First thing let me say it sounds great and is very useful. I have been using it with my Ipad and also my samplers to trigger odd envelopes in my set up and also using it as a nice way to mess about at night when I don't want to have my monitors on. So I went head and Put this thing through its paces here
Flux302
First thing let me say it sounds great and is very useful. I have been using it with my Ipad and also my samplers to trigger odd envelopes in my set up and also using it as a nice way to mess about at night when I don't want to have my monitors on. So I went head and Put this thing through its paces here
Flux302
Flux302
Flux302
Flux302
JRock
hiccup lol
kuxaan-sum
This sounds pretty freakin killer!!!
JRock
Thanks thumbs up
Flux's video is awesome. I love how he uses the iPad to the Line In/Line Out on the TrAniModule to modulate the filter. That's music to my ears.
robbert
How much current does it draw when maxed?
JRock
140 mA +12V
25 mA -12V
thumbs up
wander
The name is a little uncool... Kind of like making a module name out of a racial slur...
robbert
[quote="wander"]The name is a little uncool... Kind of like making a module name out of a racial slur...[/quote]

:picard:
wander
robbert wrote:

:picard:

What?
robbert
It's supposed to be an emoticon, don't know why it never shows when I use them :despair: must do sth wrong :hmm:
wander
robbert wrote:
It's supposed to be an emoticon, don't know why it never shows when I use them seriously, i just don't get it must do sth wrong hmmm.....

I understood what you were trying to post, I was wondering why you decided to post it though.

Also, there's a bunch of boxes underneath the message form. One of them says "Disable smilies" and I think it's checked by default. If you uncheck it it should work Guinness ftw!
cbeefheartuk
Wander - is it actually you that is a little uncool not the rather funny name of this module.
cbeefheartuk
apologies if you were joking - it can be hard to tell just reading text.
JRock
cool
It's a TRANsistor based amplifier built by ANIModule
Transistor + AniModule = TrAniModule
applause
wander
cbeefheartuk wrote:
Wander - is it actually you that is a little uncool not the rather funny name of this module.

Why am I uncool? And I have to say that the name isn't particularly funny. If someone were to come out with a "Voltage Controlled OsciNigger," would it just be hilarious joke?

JRock wrote:
8-)
It's a TRANsistor based amplifier built by ANIModule
Transistor + AniModule = TrAniModule
:yay:

I understand what the "joke" is supposed to be, it's just highly insensitive (as well as just not funny or clever). "Tranny" is a derisive slur used against trans* individuals, who already have a hard enough time in our society (1 in 12 trans* people will be straight up murdered, and "tranny" is probably one of the last words they hear before they're killed).

I'm sure no harm was meant by it, just letting you know that it's pretty uncool.
JRock
it's TrAniModule not TrAnnyModule
As in Transistor-amplifier-Animal-Module
I assure you, the last thing I want to do is offend anyone or be insensitive Hug

Love to hear it if you have a cooler suggestion thumbs up
lilakmonoke
the real joke is this: "Estimated price: $129.99" ;-) i have a few high end amps that cost 20$ but of course they dont include a chinese toy speaker. im probably the only one who thinks this is another overpriced eurohype module but there you go ;-)
wander
JRock wrote:
it's TrAniModule not TrAnnyModule
As in Transistor-amplifier-Animal-Module
I assure you, the last thing I want to do is offend anyone or be insensitive Hug

Well, it sure sounded like the joke was that it sounded similar to "tranny," especially since you put that "that's right, say it out loud hihi" bit at the beginning of the thread.

JRock wrote:
Love to hear it if you have a cooler suggestion thumbs up

Haha, I don't... Actually, I've always had a miserable time trying to come up with cool names! Half of the tracks that I've made are just random space-themed words lol
JRock
Quote:
I've always had a miserable time trying to come up with cool names!

Me too! AnVilope? What is that? It's a great little module, but the name, c'mon! hihi
Came up with a decent name for the TrAniModule and got back to work on the important stuff wink

Quote:
the real joke is this: "Estimated price: $129.99" ;-) i have a few high end amps that cost 20$ but of course they dont include a chinese toy speaker. im probably the only one who thinks this is another overpriced eurohype module but there you go ;-)

Ouchy! :(

Those $20 amplifiers are probably being mass produced in a factory somewhere.
This module has ~ $20 worth of Components in it alone.
That's not including the Front Panel, which is milled in shop and screen printed by hand OR the assembly time (assembled and handwired in shop).

The idea is that it liberates you from dragging around an auxiliary amp/speaker. Don't feel like going in to the studio and turning on your whole rig? pull your cabinet out to the couch and have a little noodle while you're watching the gong show.
Want to have a little jam on the deck while you're drinking your frappuccinotini and watching the sunset but don't feel like hauling out your amp and powerstrip? TrAniModule makes it easy.

Even if you're at your studio and hooked up to your monitors it won't just sit like a lump taking up unused space in your cabinet. There is a Mixer, a Line Input/Output (to boost your line signals to Modular levels) and can be used as a transistor distortion.

the TrAniModule a handy toolkit in an 8HP space for a VERY reasonable price.
if anything it's underrated. Most people that get it end up wanting more than 1 wink
Slomen
Is "tranny" really as bad as "nigger"? I didn´t know that, but I don´t live in the US.. And would it be possible to name it otherwise when it is sort of begging for the transvestite-transistor association AND it is made by AniModulte? I mean, is "transvestite" also a bad word and is it bad to give something like a Eurorack module the persona of a Trans gender person? (What is the correct non-offending term?) I don´t think Transvestimodule, Trans-AniModule, Transimodule or TransistorAnimodule works as well as TrAniModule...

I have never been teased or harrassed because of my sexual preferences, being born in the wrong body, or the colour of my skin or my religion so I would not know how people that have felt these things feel, but... c´mon! Do we have to be political correct all the time? I kinda hope someone makes a module called "The pale fat Viking with 1st world problems" with a picture of me on it so I can use that as my argument next time there is a debate like this.

Also I wish I knew a Transvestite (hope it is ok to use that word?) that I could ask what he or she felt about a eurorack module being called TrAniModule, because I think the name of the module together with the artwork and the speaker is cool as hell and I really want one!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3