MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Why can't you order more copies of the film???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author Why can't you order more copies of the film???
dumbeat
At the age of "information wants to be free" surely people will copy and upload it to the web if purchasing is not an option.

Why wouldnt they print and sell more copies??? don't they want to cover the production expenses...? seriously, i just don't get it
BadBadger
dumbeat wrote:
Why wouldnt they print and sell more copies???

Maybe it's an honor thing.
CLee
dumbeat wrote:
At the age of "information wants to be free" surely people will copy and upload it to the web if purchasing is not an option.

not this shit again
dude
it is kind of facepalmy sentiment but there is some logic to it as well.
Junk Rhythm
Quote:
the 4-hour length makes that prohibitive, and also, will encourage pirating which could really ruin things for us in regards to the theatrical release. The theatrical cut will be a commercial DVD down the line

They mentioned in a few of the threads listed below this one that a Theatrical DVD version will be available in the future.
sonicwarrior
There are many interview(s) (parts) already visible online so what's the point of this thread? seriously, i just don't get it
mckenic
Its about us, made for us, by one of us... why the fuck would it end up online?

I really, really, really hope its a HUGE runaway success (as Im sure all of us do) and I intend to buy the theatrical version as presents for others.

Hearing about all the work that went in to this, it would be sickening to find out it ended up torrented :(
CLee
sonicwarrior wrote:
There are many interview(s) (parts) already visible online so what's the point of this thread? seriously, i just don't get it

I react poorly to "information wants to be free"

When food, housing, synth modules and my daughters education are all free I'll be happy for information to be free.

Spent 3 years as Sound Designer/ Sound Supervisor on this The Word Of Promise. A little after it was released it was freely available for download on torrent sites. It's been downloaded for free many thousands of times.

None of the 5 ProTools systems were free. None of the manufacturing was free...

Been argued over and over. Just always expect more respect for "information" from "information" creators.
mechie
dumbeat wrote:
Why wouldnt they print and sell more copies??? don't they want to cover the production expenses...? seriously, i just don't get it

The 'limited edition' Hardcore version was always going to be a 'get it now or never' deal - why complain now if you didn't bother then?

Covering expenses?...
> Crowd funding
> Advertising
> On line 'extended interviews'
> Tee shirts
> Battery Acid 'limited edition' module
Jeez! what do you want from a crew of TWO people?

mckenic wrote:
Hearing about all the work that went in to this, it would be sickening to find out it ended up torrented :(

Seconded! it would be a scumbucket trick to upload it!
sonicwarrior
CLee wrote:
sonicwarrior wrote:

I don't know why you quote me before making this statement. Search this subforum for 'IDOW Extended Interview' to see what I meant. All provided by solvent himself.
CLee
sonicwarrior wrote:
CLee wrote:
sonicwarrior wrote:

I don't know why you quote me before making this statement. Search this subforum for 'IDOW Extended Interview' to see what I meant. All provided by solvent himself.

I was really only answering the 2nd part of that statement (as in what's the point).

Solvent can post all the pieces of HIS film that he wants. That doesn't make it open season on the whole thing.
s o l v e n t
dumbeat wrote:

I don't follow this logic. All of the people who will have it paid for it, and were essentially investors in the project, so what is their motivation to copy and upload it? I'm not saying it's impossible that it will happen but just because there are people who want it doesn't mean that the people who have it will feel motivated to pirate it.

dumbeat wrote:

It was a very unusual and complicated process that we took to make this film so the reasoning for us doing it this way is not as simple as you seem to think it is. BTW we covered all of our production expenses already through these pre-sales.
n_m
s o l v e n t wrote:
BTW we covered all of our production expenses already through these pre-sales.

That deserves a nanners nanners and a w00t w00t
KnobHell
I think for a small exclusive audience we are getting a hell of a deal!

Thank you to everyone involved in this undertaking.

applause
corpusjonsey
I would get the "theatrical" release yesterday if I could.
s o l v e n t
corpusjonsey wrote:

It won't likely be for a while FYI
corpusjonsey
s o l v e n t wrote:
corpusjonsey wrote:

It won't likely be for a while FYI

Bummer.
stk
CLee wrote:

When food, housing, synth modules and my daughters education are all free I'll be happy for information to be free.

Spent 3 years as Sound Designer/ Sound Supervisor on this The Word Of Promise. A little after it was released it was freely available for download on torrent sites. It's been downloaded for free many thousands of times.

None of the 5 ProTools systems were free. None of the manufacturing was free...

Been argued over and over. Just always expect more respect for "information" from "information" creators.

Well said, CLee.
Information doesn't want to be free. Information doesn't "want" anything.
Greedy, disrespectful people want stuff for free.
s o l v e n t
I just deleted a bunch of posts. Please don't talk about it here, it's just advertising the fact
Junk Rhythm
s o l v e n t wrote:
I just deleted a bunch of posts. Please don't talk about it here, it's just advertising the fact

Thank you, you had me thinking I was going crazy and that I was replying in the wrong thread.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1