MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Addac Dual Wasp VCF?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author Addac Dual Wasp VCF?
flo
Hey guys,

Just noticed this on modulargrid:

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/addac-system-dual-wasp

eek! help love What's this about? I've been hoping for a nice VCF from Addac for some time now, this looks very promising! SlayerBadger!

Cheers! Guinness ftw!
burnn_out!
If it's legit, I find it odd that it's dual with no so sort of interpolation between filters. It might as well be single channel. Otoh, an addac wasp filter based on haible design sounds tits to me love w00t
bj_gzp
This is a custom job and not a regular Addac designed module. Only the panel is true Addac design. As far as i'm aware there are only 2 of these modules made.

The dual Wasp are just 2 VCF behind the same panel, Audio and CV of VCF 1 are normalized to VCF2. So indeed this is not a fully integrated Dual VCF ala Korgasmatron/UHC/BL/DMF-2... The filters are not fully matched either, so it's a bit fiddly to use as a stereo filter. It's a real gritty thing, reminded me much the BL 2040 filter. It's pure madness and fucks the stuff nicely up. I like these gritty electric unstable sounds.

I have another custom module in the works, where Addac designed the front panel, the PCB are CGS and the module is build by another Person for me. Should be ready by end of September. Together these two modules will become my main timbre generators.
Here is the panel with control:

So the 2 blue panels will combine: Serge Wave Multi, Serge Wave Folder, Synthacon and 2 Wasps SlayerBadger!

I know André is working on a real Addac VCF, with the usual Addac specific funky features. But it may take some time before it will become available, as there are other modules to finish first.

I hope that clears the enigma smile

Cheers,
Björn
flo
Thanks Björn!

bj_gzp wrote:
I know André is working on a real Addac VCF, with the usual Addac specific funky features. But it may take some time before it will become available, as there are other modules to finish first.

Sweet, looking very much forward to it.

Also, now I want Addac faceplates for all my modules help MY ASS IS BLEEDING lol
bj_gzp
Yeah, with the VCF it's the same for me MY ASS IS BLEEDING

On the addac panels, they do not come cheap. Especially the custom ones. I was considering it as well, but i prefer to invest first into a definitive case, then i may go for the deep blue with white davie's knobs.

Guinness ftw!
bj
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1