MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EXCITING!!! ARDCORE EXPANDERS AND SILVER ARDCORES ARE HERE
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author EXCITING!!! ARDCORE EXPANDERS AND SILVER ARDCORES ARE HERE
loss1234

I am going to be uploading New Sketches for the expander and going through Old ones and adding MORE CONTROLS!! this adds a lot to sketches like the arpeggiator for example (CV CONTROL OF ALL 4 PARAMTERS!)

IN addition, the RESET BUTTON really helps with COMPOUND SKETCHES!

The NEW OUTS< allow interesting things...11 and 13 both have RC filters.

MANY MANY arduino sketches default to pin 3 or 11 (timer2) as the OUT...so with this, all you have to do is make sure your out is Pin 11 and away you go! there are many options with having 2 more outputs

PLUS the NEW CV INS are BI POLAR INPUTS!! AWESOME FOR ANY SITUATION WHERE YOU WANT THE NEGATIVE SWING OF YOUR WAVEFORM TO GET CAPTURED WITHOUT HAVING TO OFFSET IT FIRST!!

what else...WELL? THE GATE/TRIG OUTS ARE ALL 10V capable! SO you won have to worry that some VCAS wont open!

This expander has a good amount of buffering, filtering, and regulation circuitry. Everything is really solid.

So...contact me for more info,etc.
bodo
Exciting indeed! Any info on price and availability in Europe? Will be nagging Schneiders about it tomorrow
DonKartofflo
honestly, are you a day job designer? I love the psychedelic looks of everything you do, and even now that you have limited yourself to black and white, you still manage to make them look awesome.
expanders are a good thing, never considered the ardcore because of lack of outputs/inputs...
AsceticUnderground
w00t
cant wait to get this, the silver and black ardcore is looking really great too (though im a fan of color).

Obviously as soon as i get this i'll be updating all my ardcore sketches to take advantage of it. I've actually got a version of the ardcore arp with a load of extra settings that would be great for this grin
loss1234
Great! I love your programs!

By the way-Color Ardcores are still available!
HueMonContact
wow!!! I really need to get these.
this is such a versatile module, i can't believe I don't have it in my rack yet.
makers
Any thoughts on the possibility of interfacing the Snazzy Expander with the 20Objects PCB? I'm just crossing my fingers here!
loss1234
hmmmm.... i dont know about that as I have not tried it. Keep in mind that the 20 objects PCB and the Snazzy FX pcb are completely different and use different chips and circuits. BUT with some hacking you could do it.

What you would need to do is provide plus and minus 12 volts, as well as find a way to convert the ribbon cable lines to something you could connect to your PCB. (Not too hard)

beyond that, Yes, it would work, and you'd get the nice buffering and bipolar inputs out of the deal as well as filtering on the outs.
loss1234
JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THESE ARE AVAILABLE!!

Some stores already have them and more are being shipped.

IF YOU CANT FIND THEM AT YOUR LOCAL STORE, PM ME!
shady smiles
Awesome.

Thanks for the update. And congrats!

w00t
soundwave106
Cool. What's the HP of the expander out of curiosity?
Axiom Crux
Sorry in advance for this critique, but can you please just nix the trippy eyeball swirly overwhelming hard to read graphics. Your modules are great, but the graphics make them too distracting in my system. I had to get the grayscale faceplates. Im not a hater in any way, but I am a professional designer, and I couldn't put the ardcore into my system until I got the grayscale panel because I am very OCD about my system being unified looking, and not having purple and green and trippy designs in it. Looking forward to getting the expander.
Axiom Crux
And Ok, fair enough if you feel like you want to have a style that is all your own, but just maybe take a tiny bit less LSD when you go to design it wink

Wiard does cool celtic stuff, which I find totally tolerable design wise.

Again appologies for the harsh critique and Im sure others have said similar things, but when I clicked on this thread I was expecting a more clean normal face plate.
_seph
and I feel the opposite. years ago I was considering a Wiard modular and although I love the idea, I really didn't care for the design. whereas I feel that these are some of the best looking modules in euro.

I'm muddling through planning my first hardware system and this definitely has a place in it!
Axiom Crux
I apologize my critique is based on my own subjective tastes and frustrations that I really should keep to myself, the grayscale faceplate is perfectly valid useful option for me. Sorry for being a jerk in this thread, several people love this design, and my opinion is just that, my opinion, and it was rude of me to voice it here.

Cheers and great work smile
Neo
Added expander to modulargrid :-)
FSK1138
MY ASS IS BLEEDING i can't wait
the ardcore is the only module
i have bought
that keeps getting better every month
AsceticUnderground
w00t w00t w00t w00t
Guess what turned up in the post today grin
mono-poly
Are there European resellers for the silver ones?
broon_777
mono-poly if you are still looking for a European stockist, I got a silver Ardcore this morning from Rubadub in the UK (Glasgow), super fast delivery and great people to deal with
Riggar
Ardcore and Expander on order ... should be here soon. Anyone know the current draw on the Expander?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1