MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Working on fixing the 'session logged out' issue - please log out and log back in as there is a new cookie name. It MAY be worse for a while, sorry. We'll see... I'm working on it. Thanks

Still problems with ADDAC207 Quantizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Still problems with ADDAC207 Quantizer

bloop

I already posted my problem in the main ADDAC207 thread, but no one could help.

I got a problem with that module and can't find any solution in the manual:
I got 2 A-155 connected to the module. The 1st A-155 on Quantizer 1 is doing fine. But the 2nd A-155 on Quantizer 2 is playing anything, but nothing in scale and nothing related to the input (even with nothing plugged in input). Same with Quantizer 3 and 4.
When I pull the plugs in Quantizer 1, Quantizer 2 is doing fine.

Even testing it all vice-versa, or with different inputs/sequencers does not reveil a solution.
Quantizer 2 is doing what he want.

What am I doing wrong?

ADDAC send me a replacement module, but the problem is still there.
I already mailed them several times, but got no reply.

Does anybody tried to use this Quantizer using more than just of 1 of the 4?

bloop

Am I the only one who use this module??? hmmm.....

nonbot

bloop wrote:
Am I the only one who use this module??? hmmm.....

nope. but I am definitely having a lot of note quantization problems myself.

Paranormal Patroler

Well, I can't seem to make the switch knob to work. But admittedly I haven't spent much time with that, too many faulty units it seems.

n0rd

Were these issues resolved?

Paranormal Patroler

Mine were, I was just being stupid in a major way. I sometimes have these noob moments. Thankfully I got things going easily enough and I've sent word to ADDAC about some corrections that need to be done on the manual which he agreed upon. It'll make more sense on the next revision.

This is turning out to be an impressive quantizer and intuitive to boot! I did spend time with the manual but after you learn how to navigate it once you're settled for good. It's pretty much self explanatory on second run. No issues whatsoever with mine.

bloop

I had two of the modules with the same fault and had to sent them back to ADDAC.
Hoping to get a replacement soon.

kssm

Sorry to hear you had to send them back, bloop.
I'm trying to figure out something with my 207 right now as well.
Did you try to see if everything worked as it should in keyboard mode?
Were Outputs 1-4 giving out the same V/oct voltages?

My Outputs 2-4 are not giving out the same as Output 1 when it should, and I'm not quite sure why. It might be something similar to the problem you were having.

How is your replacement working out?

bloop

I am still waiting for it. Hope to get it this week.

Andre from ADDAC was really taking care of my problem, but couldn't figure it out, yet. There might be a problem with the range of the A-155 (0-1V, 0-2V or 0-4V).
I will try to shift the volume by 1V before feeding the quantizer. Hope this helps then.

tiny333

Are you sure you dont have semi tones selected on your other outs kssm ?

kssm

Quote:
Are you sure you dont have semi tones selected on your other outs kssm ?

Thanks for your reply.

Well I'm using it in keyboard mode, and all voices are set to Equal. I got it secondhand so I'm not sure what kind of microtonal setting it was on before, and so far I'm ruling that out as the problem. I also don't know much about fine tuning this quantizer.
Since there is no visual read out of the fine tuning, I have no idea how to get to a "standard" fine tune.
Is there a factory reset somewhere?
What fine tune setting will make outputs 2-4 make that scale while in C major keyboard mode, anyway?

kssm

I'll also email the person I bought it from to see if they had set it up to follow a specific fine tuning system.

tiny333

Mmm

Having looked at the other thread on this im not sure

But u can set each out to a different semi tone to play chords

You may know this but anyway

Press and hold button two till it enters the menu

Set it to button one to be the same as one

Do the same with three and four ?

Hope this helps

kssm

Thanks, I managed to get this part to work alright.
But it was still very finicky, I did the procedure you mentioned above a number of times, reset it to a setting other than 1, then put it back to 1, and it worked.

Then, I moved on to Quantization mode for a little while, then back to keyboard mode and it was all BACK to the strange setting it was at before. (Even though I pressed and saved the previous setting to non-volatile memory..or at least I thought that I did.)

Well I'm going back to playing / figuring out what is going on with this Quantizer because it is doing some other glitchy strange things other than what I've already mentioned before. It's driving me insane! If this continues, sadly I might have to send it to ADDAC and have them take a look..

bloop

I figured out my problem.

I have to shift the voltage from the A-155 by 1V before going into the quantizer. The Quantizer seems to have problems with a 0 Voltage for low 'C'

Additionally the 207 don't like the trigger of the A-155. I have to shorten the Trigger below 10ms (with a modified A-162), then it works.
This also fixes the glitches you got without a trigger.

ADDAC System

Hi!

Sorry to show up so late in to this thread. We will keep track from now on.
Glad some of you managed to figure out the what was going on with your units.

kssm wrote:
it is doing some other glitchy strange things other than what I've already mentioned before.

Can you please describe in detail this glitchy behavior that you are experiencing with your module?

bloop wrote:

I have to shift the voltage from the A-155 by 1V before going into the quantizer. The Quantizer seems to have problems with a 0 Voltage for low 'C'
Additionally the 207 don't like the trigger of the A-155. I have to shorten the Trigger below 10ms (with a modified A-162), then it works.
This also fixes the glitches you got without a trigger.

I just sent you an email concerning this issue, but i think this information is relevant to post here as well.

Voices 2-3-4 have a software detection for their inputs, and this is set to 0v, meaning that if no cv is plugged in the input will be at 0v and voice 2-3-4 will relate to voice 1.
So if you’re sequencing from an a155 in 1V range in voices 2-3-4 you need to be aware of that 0v constraint that will make the responsiveness of that channel switch to the input from voice 1 as soon as it gets a 0v input, flipping between it’s own input and the input from voice 1. You can avoid this using the 2v range and if necessary set your vco’s 1 octave down.
This 0v software detection constrain was a hard choice to make during the development process but it was the to avoid 4 more switches in the frontpanel while at the same time keeping the feature of detecting and quantizing negative voltages.

If any of you are experience issues with any of your ADDAC modules do not hesitate to send us an email or contact us on SKYPE (Skype ID: ADDAC System)

And thank you paranormal patroler for patrolling these waters! thumbs up

All the best,
ADDAC TEAM

Audio Dependent

I have also been having some bugs and I have finally managed to get the time to sit down and figure out what they are.

The explanation above of the behaviour of 0v explains a lot of them and although I get why you have done it, it doesn't suit how I was planning on using it at all.

So that all works as expected now without anything plugged into the gate ins. Everything works as expected with one set of gate ins and outs engaged. However as soon as i hook up another set of gate ins/out it starts to miss some triggers seemingly arbitrarily. I have tried with triggers coming from Rene, Pamela Workout, uStep and Stochia without being able to get any constancy.

Any ideas?

kssm

Quote:

Hi!

Sorry to show up so late in to this thread. We will keep track from now on.
Glad some of you managed to figure out the what was going on with your units.

kssm wrote:
it is doing some other glitchy strange things other than what I've already mentioned before.

Can you please describe in detail this glitchy behavior that you are experiencing with your module?

Hello, happy to hear from you here, ADDAC!

Regarding the glitchy behaviour, I'm afraid there is a compatibility issue with the 207 and Klee sequencer. When using the CV outputs from the Klee, the 207 occasionally functions as if there was a random CV shift, and the notes would shuffle around very quickly before quantizing resumes to the next note. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have another question about the trigger repeat. I have this setting turned to be on, and I'm still not getting triggers from the gate output on repeating voltages. I've also experienced the multiple Gate Ins/Outs not functioning. If I have a different Gate Input on Voice 2, it still quantizes accordingly to Gate Input on Voice 1.

There is a parallel discussion going on at this thread I'm linking below, also regarding Gate issues.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/viewtopic.php?t=67229&postdays=0&postorder =asc&start=240

Other than these issues, I still love this sequencer. I know it will continue to work better and better once I have these issues either fixed, or understand better myself.

Thulo

Ill post this in this thread aswell:

After a couple of moths of fiddling with this module i got the turing machine today and decided to use 3 sequencers for the inputs.
After a lot of tuning and calibration of the different osc's i got it sounding really really good.
However i cant get the different gate inputs to work.
Sometimes they trigger and sometimes not. It feels like the module is choking, gets to much data to handle, or just the wrong kind of gates/triggers (tried from scm, rcd, moskwa, rené, maths and peg) They all work when only running one input.

Normally i just run one sequence in with gate and have the 207 do the shifting and chord structure. That really works great.

One other thing that really bugs me is the keyboard mode and the "intuitive" tuning process.
I set all channels to root key and go into keyboard mode and hit a c3 or something and tune all oscs to the same pitch. After that i leave keyboard mode and the pitch drops inconsistently for all oscs exept channel one.
So i have to reduce the scale to one note and redo the tuning.
Is this normal?

kssm

Have you tried the tuning reset, then try again?

Thulo

Yes, a lot of times

tekzon

Hi there!

i reed few threads about 207, but finally i'm not sure...
i understand that reading the manual is not an option!!
so, is there any latency?
can it quantize independently 4ins/4outs or whatever, without glitching? etc...

I'm going poly or paraphony so it looks like the most relevant quantizer,
right?

Thanks for your advises guys

tiny333

The manual is ok

Its very fast

It does what is says on the tin

seriously, i just don't get it

Looks fantastic as well

tekzon

nice!!
lets go then

thanks

Hirsbro

Audio Dependent wrote:
I have also been having some bugs and I have finally managed to get the time to sit down and figure out what they are.

The explanation above of the behaviour of 0v explains a lot of them and although I get why you have done it, it doesn't suit how I was planning on using it at all.

So that all works as expected now without anything plugged into the gate ins. Everything works as expected with one set of gate ins and outs engaged. However as soon as i hook up another set of gate ins/out it starts to miss some triggers seemingly arbitrarily. I have tried with triggers coming from Rene, Pamela Workout, uStep and Stochia without being able to get any constancy.

Any ideas?

Having this exact problem help

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2