MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tenori-On MIDI tutorial videos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On  
Author Tenori-On MIDI tutorial videos
flx
I made two tutorial videos some time ago, which explain the Tenori-On iPad app's MIDI functionality. As the app is basically the same as the hardware, this also applies there. Maybe some of you will find this overview useful. smile

Tenori-On iPad MIDI Output & Sync Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRBbBlOciUo

Tenori-On iPad MIDI Input & Sync Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5-_MJoAZqo

P.S. Cool, that we have a TNR forum now thumbs up
Matos
Great video! Simple, clear, consise. Now to buy the app and start playing. The performance layers look super fun.
Paranormal Patroler
Great videos!

Keep in mind that the hardware version outputs quite a lot more than just MIDI Note On information. Usually the Sysex coming along or before the Note On is of the Real Time type. It has overloaded at least one of my MIDI receivers so I tend to use a MIDI filter if I want to sequence something which can't handle the load. It doesn't happen often though, just one device out of many.
flx
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Keep in mind that the hardware version outputs quite a lot more than just MIDI Note On information. Usually the Sysex coming along or before the Note On is of the Real Time type. It has overloaded at least one of my MIDI receivers so I tend to use a MIDI filter if I want to sequence something which can't handle the load. It doesn't happen often though, just one device out of many.

Yes, that's a good point! I've had two instruments go nuts from the hardware TNR, so definitely have a MIDI filter of some sorts handy!
Paranormal Patroler
Maybe we should compile a list of instruments that need the TO output to be filtered? Or would that be too much? hmmm.....
flx
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Maybe we should compile a list of instruments that need the TO output to be filtered? Or would that be too much? hmmm.....

We should create a separate thread in which everybody can post their experiences and then collect those infos in the OP.
Paranormal Patroler
Done. Add your list and any info you deem relevant here.
crystalbonbon
Hi
I wonder if someone can help me with this, I'm desperately trying to send block change messages from Ableton 9 to tenori-on, I thought I could do it by midi CC page as the midi implentation chart has 'bank change' in there but doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know if this is because I'm doing it wrong or does that relate to something else not block changes? Do I need to get the Max for Live patch and use sysex instead?
Any help would be very much appreciated as keyfax seems to have disappeared and no help from Yamaha.
Please note I am not super techy so a response for dummies would be helpful.
Many thanks in advance.
XPump
Thanks for posting these vids- !! thumbs up
murphym379
can anyone tell me how to disable the frustrating 99 bar shutdown? after it runs through 99 bars of your sequence, it automatically goes into default mode. i just want to know how i can run a sequence indefinitely without it returning ti its crap demo mode... HELP!!! I read the manual about "saver" time, and moved it from 10 minutes to 200 minutes, but this did not do the trick.
Paranormal Patroler
murphym379 wrote:
can anyone tell me how to disable the frustrating 99 bar shutdown? after it runs through 99 bars of your sequence, it automatically goes into default mode. i just want to know how i can run a sequence indefinitely without it returning ti its crap demo mode... HELP!!! I read the manual about "saver" time, and moved it from 10 minutes to 200 minutes, but this did not do the trick.

What? No, you can disable the saver time entirely, it's in the manual. Can you please explain what your problem is? What is the default mode you mention? hmmm.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On  
Page 1 of 1