MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NEW MEXICO wiggle?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author NEW MEXICO wiggle?
Mr. Pete
Heading down (from Toronto) to Santa Fe, Taos and Albuquerque next week (sept 17 -24)
Do you Muffwigglers know of any modular synthesis or NEW general electronic music heads up events/places down that way? thumbs up
thanks, PETE
doctorvague
I'm way down south of there with no Modular ATM just a couple of analog synths.
Ron Sunsinger is in Santa Fe. There was someone in Taos but the name escapes me. Jim Coker, the guy who came up with Numerology software is in ABQ. I'm just refencincing the people I'm aware of and have no idea what their feelings are on a meetup.
Enjoy your trip. The scenery is great in that area, especially Taos canyon.
Mr. Pete
Thanks Doc...
Very excited to go ~ have not been yet, but I'm very excited to see it
Here's a piece I did for TAOS poet Peter Rabbit, who died last year ~ shortly after Jill wrote the poem for him...
[s]http://snd.sc/16cAco9[/s]

doctorvague wrote:
I'm way down south of there with no Modular ATM just a couple of analog synths.
Ron Sunsinger is in Santa Fe. There was someone in Taos but the name escapes me. Jim Coker, the guy who came up with Numerology software is in ABQ. I'm just refencincing the people I'm aware of and have no idea what their feelings are on a meetup.
Enjoy your trip. The scenery is great in that area, especially Taos canyon.
kindredlost
Yeah, Santa Fe and Taos are splendid destinations. You won't want to return.

Mr Sunsinger is a gem of a guy and has a unique aspect to his electronic music of which there really is no other like him. His southwestern Native American background is obvious and the work with Michael Sterns is celebrated internationally. I'd advise you to get some of his work and listen as you drive through the region. It will be like a soundtrack to the place.

Ron Sunsinger

I hope Ron doesn't mind me posting this but here is just a little taste of the powerful music Ron and Bonnie Jo Hunt have done. Everything sounds sour and bitter after hearing this sweet, sweet piece. So lifting...

[s]http://snd.sc/16cEnjR[/s]
kindredlost
BTW, PETE, your piece is excellent! Is the drone drum sound electronic? If so, is there a particular tuning you were aiming for or just random?
Mr. Pete
thanx kindly! ... We recorded this before I start amassing the eurorack modules I've started using - so I was playing mostly Moogs here: Voyager, Minitaur, and Theremin and for the "drums" a Slim Phatty ~ and a Ring Modulator - you can also hear a little bit of Hohner Melodica hihi
I recorded Jill reading her excellent poem first then used it in a few different ways throughout the suite. 8_)
kindredlost wrote:
BTW, PETE, your piece is excellent! Is the drone drum sound electronic? If so, is there a particular tuning you were aiming for or just random?
Mr. Pete
Really loving hearing these, thanks! ~ although I had already been following him in my SoundCloud feed... is Ron a member here at Muff's?

kindredlost wrote:

Mr Sunsinger is a gem of a guy and has a unique aspect to his electronic music of which there really is no other like him. His southwestern Native American background is obvious and the work with Michael Sterns is celebrated internationally. I'd advise you to get some of his work and listen as you drive through the region. It will be like a soundtrack to the place.

Ron Sunsinger

frijitz
kindredlost wrote:

Last time I was inTaos we witnessed a gang initiation crime, right on the plaza. Screw that place.

Ian (near albuq.)
kindredlost
Mr. Pete wrote:
is Ron a member here at Muff's?

Yes he is indeed.

sunsinger
kindredlost
frijitz wrote:

Last time I was inTaos we witnessed a gang initiation crime, right on the plaza. Screw that place.

Ian (near albuq.)

Ouch! Haven't been there in decades. Obviously it is a bit more urban now.
thetwlo
most of us left as soon as possible.

suitandtieguy
Mr. Pete
Thanks for the heads-up, I'd heard that about Espanola...not Taos hmmm.....

What about Chupacabra ~ any sightings?
eek!
kindredlost wrote:
frijitz wrote:

Ian (near albuq.)

Ouch! Haven't been there in decades. Obviously it is a bit more urban now.
Mr. Pete
cybchris
Two years late to the original thread, but I'm ABQ/Santa Fe adjacent now. I used to wiggle in the late 70s through early 90s (learned on a Steiner Parker Synthasystem; was an engineer at Sequential, Digidesign, Marion Systems, and Roland R&D LA); getting back into the modular world this winter. Looking to connect & reconnect.
Zymos
Im new to the modular world, but not new to the 505....!
Just me
Smokin' the 602 here. only a few hours away.
globalwm
Saw this older thread but thought I'd share an update.

Been having regular meetups here in ABQ by the way:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200117&highlight=
frijitz
globalwm wrote:
Saw this older thread but thought I'd share an update.

Been having regular meetups here in ABQ by the way:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200117&highlight=

Hmmmm...didn’t know about the meetings.

Ian
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1