MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hardware MIDI Sequencers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Hardware MIDI Sequencers
oozitron
(Ignoring the horrible buttons) Is there anything in the "$200 or less" category that comes close to the MMT-8 for flexible live multi-track polyphonic improv performance?

Drew
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
emu PX7 or XL7?

I think they might be a little bit more. hmmm.....
Bryan B
Did you look at building one of the UMAPS ones yet? Or are you just wanting one that is built?
cv slime 800
Got a MC-500 MkII recently that I lovin'.
authorless
kawai Q80EXe is pretty cool.
oozitron
I've owned a couple Roland MC-XXX units. Very nice, but no loopy function or track mute while playing.

I'm currently re-boxing an MMT-8 into a new case with new buttons. Was kind of curious what else is out there that has the same capabilities.

Drew
alexP
I have the Roland MC50 that I dig. Cant go wrong for 20 bucks either!

alexP
MrTea
alexP wrote:
I have the Roland MC50 that I dig. Cant go wrong for 20 bucks either!

alexP

Second that. I love my MC-50! love

Found it really easy to writing tracks. It's really refreshing to not stare at a computer screen.

Has track mute/unmute whilst playing, but I'm not sure about loop recording. I haven't actually tried it, but i'm have a feeling you can instant record whilst playing. I could be wrong though.....will check it out tonight.
wetterberg
You think the mmt-8 is... flexible? seriously, i just don't get it

Look into the Yamaha rm1x. One of the most fun live sequencers I've worked with in the lower range of prices.
MicroFi
wetterberg wrote:
You think the mmt-8 is... flexible? seriously, i just don't get it

I also use a mmt-8 as my only hardware midi sequencer and I'm pretty happy with it, looking at how "easy" it is to use. Not flexible though ;-)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1