MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is Netflix instant on the eventual radar?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author Is Netflix instant on the eventual radar?
xonetacular
I was thinking about this the other day. After the theatrical release and DVD release are there any plans or talks about getting it on Netflix instant?

There's a lot of great indie docs on Netflix instant and it would be a great way to get a big audience of people who wouldn't normally see something like this in theaters or on DVD. A lot of things have picked up a big cult following like that and it would be pretty amazing to bring modular synths to a wider audience.
Illiac
+1!
HeWhoWantsJeans
No way. Putting this film on Netflix Instant Streaming would totally void the 'Limited Exclusivity' club that I totally bought into.
climbingtyler
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:
No way. Putting this film on Netflix Instant Streaming would totally void the 'Limited Exclusivity' club that I totally bought into.

Wut? sad banana

The more wigglers the better! It's peanut butter jelly time!
spunkytoofers
climbingtyler wrote:
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:

Wut? sad banana

it's a riff on the thread that the "limited" edition documentary is going to be re-pressed. i wouldn't suggest visiting it unless you are up for some mindless entertainment. Enjoy the show!
noobyscooby
Finally locked. Thank everything.
ignatius
there are some rules that film festivals have where you can't do certain things before a film shows in a festival or it disqualifies you from entry into the festival.. not saying that making it available via a service like netflix is one of those things.. but who knows???

i know that IDOW wasn't sanctioning any viewing parties at modular shops or other theaters yet because of some kind of festival rule.. and i guess one of the goals is to get it into festivals.

i think festivals can be places where streaming and on demand deals are struck.. not to mention wider distributorship.

so, perhaps in the medium to long game the plan is for netflix etc.. but it's early days yet.. it's only been out a short while. i'm sure there's lot's of momentum to build.
climbingtyler
spunkytoofers wrote:
climbingtyler wrote:
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:

Wut? sad banana

it's a riff on the thread that the "limited" edition documentary is going to be re-pressed. i wouldn't suggest visiting it unless you are up for some mindless entertainment. Enjoy the show!

Yeah I am aware of the chaos happening over there... It's just sad over there. So I'm gonna stay out of it.

We need more positivity up in here! w00t nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners w00t
ignatius
climbingtyler wrote:
spunkytoofers wrote:
climbingtyler wrote:
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:

Wut? sad banana

Yeah I am aware of the chaos happening over there... It's just sad over there. So I'm gonna stay out of it.

We need more positivity up in here! w00t nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners w00t

holy shit.. just read that thread. wtf. derped all over the place. i hope they repress it 2 or 3 times and sell every copy. it's already on the torrents though seriously, i just don't get it
climbingtyler
ignatius
Yep, it's a sad world over there... waah
DJFonzi
I was just thinking last night that I need to put this on Netflix's radar.
s o l v e n t
So much for trying to leave MW... although this is definitely my last post here for a while...

Netflix is where things go when they are done... Last stop of the train. We're not done yet! I am sure IDOW will end up on Netflix, and it will be a great and huge thing for the film's exposure when it happens, but it won't be for a while.

I am not going to be logging into MW for the next while, so if you have any follow up questions please feel free to contact me via email info [at] idreamofwires [dot] org

thanks

Jason
BOETTKE
def not ready to be netflixed anytime soon, wayyyyyyyy too premature, if you make a 4-hour film you deserve to sell it first! haha but it would be nice to see this streaming in a few years!
CKresse
climbingtyler wrote:
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:

Wut? sad banana

thumbs up
freetheartichokes
+1!
Stereotactixxx
Now on Netflix here in Sweden. applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1