MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Received my mh11 ADC Pattern Seq. today !!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> fonitronik  
Author Received my mh11 ADC Pattern Seq. today !!!
Jaaky
Received my mh11 ADC Pattern Seq. today from Schneidersladen.
I think I am really going to like this module. It firstly is a simple knob sequencer which is great as a basis, but then... there is this touch of Turing Machine' (if you don't mind me calling it that). The ADC that can be switched on or off for every step... Awesome!
The control if and how to use it, is right at the musicians hands we're not worthy .

The only point that can be improved is the assembly... after I opened the sealed carton, I found all the nuts of the switches loose, some had traveled all the way down the thread and were about to come off eek! .
That was easily solved on my side, and I'm sure it is easy to improve on your side, as you do the assembly yourself.
But overall... I'm looking forward with great expectations to explore this nice sequencer applause
fonik
thanks for the feedback, jaaky.

your comment about the nuts is well received. maybe i just forgot to fix the nuts on this certain module!? i will definetely have to have a closer look on this in future.

anayways, i hope you have much fun exploring this module.

BTW try to feed it in audio range. kind of bit crush fun. can even result in nice metallic timbres reminding of ringmod.
Jaaky
Hi Matthias ,

To control that the ADC gets 0 - +5V PCV and absolutely never more then +8V, I would like to add a simple voltmeter.
Is the PCV Out socket the correct place to measure what actually goes into the ADC ???
If you ever revise the module, it may be nice to incorporate two LEDS. Green or Yellow when reaching +5, and Red at 7,5 or so...

But in the meantime I'm thinking of the Ladik module:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bipolar-voltmeter-module-W-INVERTOR-for-modula r-Eurorack-synth-Doepfer-A100/261294136525?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trk parms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D1 537580441046985004%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd %3D261294162503%26
Best,
Jaaky
fonik
Jaaky wrote:
To control that the ADC gets 0 - +5V PCV and absolutely never more then +8V, I would like to add a simple voltmeter.
Is the PCV Out socket the correct place to measure what actually goes into the ADC ???
If you ever revise the module, it may be nice to incorporate two LEDS. Green or Yellow when reaching +5, and Red at 7,5 or so...

you are correct. the ADC expects 0 to +5V. the input is diode protected, however with more than 8V this won't help and the ADC stops working.

the module provides to LEDs to indicate whenever your input voltage exceeds this required 0 to +5V range. they positioned right below the pattern LEDs (<0V and >5V).

the PCV out gives you the processed voltage after the attenuator and the offset. this way you could use the ADC part of the module as a simple voltage processor, while using the sequencer part w/o the ADC.

hope this helps.
Jaaky
fonik wrote:
Jaaky wrote:

you are correct. the ADC expects 0 to +5V. the input is diode protected, however with more than 8V this won't help and the ADC stops working.

the module provides to LEDs to indicate whenever your input voltage exceeds this required 0 to +5V range. they positioned right below the pattern LEDs (<0V and >5V).

the PCV out gives you the processed voltage after the attenuator and the offset. this way you could use the ADC part of the module as a simple voltage processor, while using the sequencer part w/o the ADC.

hope this helps.

Thanks, I somehow overlooked this d'oh! .
Well... then it's as simple as using the >5 as a peak indicator to stay well within limits thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> fonitronik  
Page 1 of 1