MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The unofficial, half-assed, Muffs Book of Bad Ideas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author The unofficial, half-assed, Muffs Book of Bad Ideas
grex
wow this is really cool... gonna print it out and leave it beside my synth
SubliminalSandwich
Great work.. really useful resource..

we're not worthy
ben_hex
mckenic wrote:
Bad idea? This is a great idea!

Really well done! I was not expecting something so well done - I usually half ass these sort of things!

I collected some stuff earlier on, mainly AFG stuff but if it helps I can send it to you wink

thumbs up

I'd love any AFG stuff, pm me please thumbs up

And great work on all this, downloaded and appreciated,
eole
maybe this thread could fit : https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89460&start=0&postda ys=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
mckenic
ben_hex wrote:

I'd love any AFG stuff, pm me please thumbs up

And great work on all this, downloaded and appreciated,

Just grabbed from random AFG threads...
thumbs up
HIMA
I know this may make a few people waah but i've decided to not pursue any module specific content. The initial content, like the entire initial effort, was done for my own selfish enlightenment. So the module specific content related to modules I own... I was on the fence about including it.

Now having started in the eurorack sub-forum I realize there is simply too much module specific content. We'd land up with huge portions of BOBI with no relevance to the majority (and of no interest to me oops , i'm just too self involved...)

Anyway, as I get deeper into this I've come to feel it has to be a bit more focused.

Perhaps a version with module specific content can be started? Earlier in the thread there was the suggestion of a collective effort which could be made. Maybe something on Google Drive?

V2.0 will be the last update from me for a while. A brand new Cirklon will be arriving at my door step tomorrow and I suspect i'll be distracted for a long time...

Good news is that V2 will be about double the size and hopefully uploaded in the next few days! The whole effort has been super rewarding for me. Not just to see the appreciation from you guys but also for my investigations. I can't begin to tell you how awesome last nights was! w00t
TheToneCollector
Awesome! I'm definitely going to keep a copy of this around! SlayerBadger!
Amberclock
HIMA wrote:
I know this may make a few people waah but i've decided to not pursue any module specific content. The initial content, like the entire initial effort, was done for my own selfish enlightenment. So the module specific content related to modules I own... I was on the fence about including it.

Now having started in the eurorack sub-forum I realize there is simply too much module specific content. We'd land up with huge portions of BOBI with no relevance to the majority (and of no interest to me oops , i'm just too self involved...)

Anyway, as I get deeper into this I've come to feel it has to be a bit more focused.

Perhaps a version with module specific content can be started? Earlier in the thread there was the suggestion of a collective effort which could be made. Maybe something on Google Drive?

V2.0 will be the last update from me for a while. A brand new Cirklon will be arriving at my door step tomorrow and I suspect i'll be distracted for a long time...

Good news is that V2 will be about double the size and hopefully uploaded in the next few days! The whole effort has been super rewarding for me. Not just to see the appreciation from you guys but also for my investigations. I can't begin to tell you how awesome last nights was! w00t

I'm really waiting for that too! And as soon as I begin wiggling and have some experience I definitely want to contribute or help in any way possible wink
ben_hex
cheers mckenic

HIMA I think you're right. I wouldn't bother with anything module specific, it'll become massive very quickly. Great work on it so far btw smile
BHC303
Legend w00t

Thanks Mr. Green
GoneCaving
Excellent stuff, as a noob it's great to find something like that.
atte
Just found this, love it. Any chance you would share the original document? I'd like to have a pdb for my email book reader, I can make it myself if I have the document...
Jack Gull
So... which version is up now? the OP should add the version/date in the first post

(i have a version of the book, i don't know which one)

Very interesting read, i went "OOOOOOOOOH" many times grin
thefutureeaters
Thank you!!
daverj
The version in his signature is V2.0 while the one in the OP is V1.0. So be sure to get the one in his signature.
IR
Here's one that I think is not in there: not patching related, but if you're looking for a particular module, no need to start a thread; you can search by module type on Modular Grid. There are a few exceptions, for example it doesn't list all the modules that have inverters (although obviously that's not a main function).
M4R71N
Omg eek! Goldmine spotted MY ASS IS BLEEDING
CountZero
Thank you HIMA for creating this thing. And thank you atte for the necrothread! The first 3 pages are a fountain of "why the fuck didn't I think of that?", for whatever modules you own. Please Sticky!!!!! screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! thumbs up thumbs up
HIMA
Been a long time since i visited this thread. Nice to see the book is still finding fans. I'll be updating the link in the original thread.

Someone asked for the original file. It's done in Illustrator, so PM me if you want it.
mgscheue
It's been very helpful to me. Thanks so much for doing this!
nuromantix
In a spirit of contributing, rather than criticising, I noticed an error in the section on attenuation:

"Just think of an attenuator as an offset for a control voltage"

This is wrong. As you correctly state in the rest of the section, an attenuator scales a voltage, it doesn't offset it.
An offset is adding (or subtracting) a constant. Attenuation is dividing (or multiplying) by a constant.
Samba
This is great. Thanks for your hard work compiling this book.

The Logic Explained section and diagrams helped me out immensely.
Smais
thanks, this is the most useful resource I've found here. applause
WIZARDISHUNGRY
This is great but I wanted to add a point about ring mods and vcas
deesee
this is a fantastic collection.

thanks so much for the effort!

applause applause applause

i also wanted to say i'm glad this isn't module-specific. the general ideas are adaptable to whatever set up you're in front of.

reads like a modular-focused, practical version of the ableton 'making music' book.

very inspiring!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 3 of 5