MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The unofficial, half-assed, Muffs Book of Bad Ideas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author The unofficial, half-assed, Muffs Book of Bad Ideas
HIMA
replicating this post here cause i know most of you never visit the general forum...

As someone who came at modulars from the world of soft synths, I felt a bit lost 'cause of the lack of tutorial videos around modular techniques. Luckily, there are a handful of people who generously produce module walk throughs in video format and there is some printed material around as well. But without doubt, the very best resource is Muffs.

I took the time to surf the 80 pages of topics in the Modular Synth General Discussion sub-board. And every time I encountered a topic that hinted at the idea it might contain non-module-specific knowledge, I dived it. Pretty soon I realized two things:

1. People tend to ask the same things over and over. In some instances this
goes on for years…
2. There is enough info in there for a book.

Then I got the idea to share my learnings with the community. Sadly it happened too late in the process to think to credit the individual contributors. But everything is copied verbatim, so if you'd like to know who said what, just do a search.

Download The Book of Bad Ideas here: http://bit.ly/1oz2zaI

Hopefully you find this useful. At this point I'm thinking to continue updating the document. I'll try improve the format, structure and design when time allows. If you have something you'd like to directly contribute (ideas to improve the booklet or techniques), send it my way or better yet, post it at muffs!
tiny333
Great thanks for that smile

Yes we cat

Ha ha

thumbs up
richard
thanks for sharing this but you should know that doubling posting is considered a really bad idea here
HIMA
my bad. just wanted to try help out as many as possible.

Moderator? hello, please delete from the Euro sub-forum.
tiny333
Na leave it hes right folk seldom stray lol

thumbs up
Matos
This is great! It won't stop people from asking the same questions week after week, but it's a heroic effort non the less nanners
Noise for Fiction
Great,thanks applause
z3r01
Great effort, HIMA! Thanks for taking the time to compile all these. thumbs up
oootini
great! i have a folder of notes on my phone that i keep with exactly the same kind of patch tips. this is really great. kudos. Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
HIMA
oootini wrote:
great! i have a folder of notes on my phone that i keep with exactly the same kind of patch tips. this is really great. kudos. Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!

it would be great if you could share, then i can incorporate them into v1.2. i'm bound to have missed stuff. anyway, i'll start trawling the euro board soon to get moving on the next edition. but first i have to try everything in the PDF! Rockin' Banana!
Protofrangiste
Wow! Great job HIMA, thank you for that!
Very useful!

applause
AsceticUnderground
Great stuff HIMA, thanks for putting that together
Kalerne
thanks !
karmadelic
nice one … :-)
kimu
thanks HIMA !!!!

great job !!!!

deserve to be sticky!
nf
Really nice! Thank you.

I can imagine this being really useful when stuck for ideas.
Prunesquallor
This is brilliant!

Of course, everyone will be expecting you to rifle the Eurorack and 5U subforums as well, when you've got time. No pressure... whistlin'

Mr. Green
myecholalia
Great stuff, HIMA! When you mentioned this on Sunday, I wasn't expecting something this elaborate. Fantastic job.
Ekofisk
Great job! Thanks a lot!
doctorvague
Great job!!
oberkorn
WOW a most awesome contribution. much appreciated!
Entrainer
so, what is the best filter?
bodo
Great work, thanks for sharing this! applause
transistor logic
great job !!
jhindsight
As i'm Mr Noobington of 1 Begginer Street in Cluelessville i appreciate this pdf greatly.

Thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4