MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

my new guitar
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author my new guitar
dkcg
I've wanted a Gretsch for a long time, got a good deal on this one because it had a little buckle damage on the back. I love my Strat, but this thing sounds badassed and fat. Rockin' Banana!

Any other Gretsch owners here?
Kent
Wannabe Gretsch Owner... A Jet, White Penguin or White Falcon... waah
dkcg
Kent wrote:
Wannabe Gretsch Owner... A Jet, White Penguin or White Falcon... waah

Ever see the Black Falcon? It looks like the presidential limousine of guitars. I wanted the white falcon for a long time, but the more I'd see them, the more they look a bit too much and bulky. I fell in love with the duojet after playing my friend's. My strat's gonna be lonely for a little while...

Mine doesn't feel quite as nice as my friend's vintage US made one, but the filtertrons sound great! Can't wait to put it through some zvex pedals. Rockin' Banana!

This ones a Japanese made one, tuning pegs need an upgrade and I have another crapper guitar that needs some tuning pegs, possibly the nut too. Doesn't stay in tune nearly as good as my '88 strat+ does with whammy bar dives and the tuning pegs don't feel and look as solid as I wanted, but the price was too nice, and this place actually knows what they're doing a bit more than shittar center or sam rash and best of all it's nowhere near hollywood.
zerosum
Quote:
Can't wait to put it through some zvex pedals.

Well damn that was going to be my first question/reply to this post hihi (what pedals are first up to be aquainted with this?)

So I'll twist it hihi What series of modules will you run it through first?
dkcg
zerosum wrote:
What series of modules will you run it through first?

Box of Rock and the BAssmaster of course. Maybe ringtone if I think of decent chord progression. I just played it through the Pignose, and I can tell it sounds different than the strat, but that's about it, and my twin is too loud. I really need to get rid of it and get a small 5-15W recording amp.

Been a while since I played electric, been mostly playing the Dobro lately.

I have some relaxing time before I start a new job, so I'll come up with some sort of ridiculous worlds biggest most expensive guitar pedal ever patch.

I just noticed the tuning pegs are Grovers, so they can't be too bad. I'll keep them until I have any tuning problems.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1