MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modular Synth Stands
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Modular Synth Stands
Bartimaeus
What are you using to hold up your modular synth whilst performing?

I am running a live setup of a smaller two row Monorocket case and an Analogue Systems French Connection. I thought perhaps a DJ type folding table, but I worry that those may not be strong enough to hold up a modular and heavy keyboard. A two row keyboard stand might work, but I don't like lying my modular flat, and and I can't imagine that it's be stable otherwise.

Any ideas would be helpful, or even just discussing what you do regardless of if it answers my question!
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
acoustic guitar stands looks perfect.
Just me
I use Ultimate Support A-Frames. (You gotta find them used. I buy any that come along in my area and any parts.) The On Stage are not nearly as strong. I use a ratcheting tie down to go around my rig to keep it from falling down. Look around in this subforum and you will see a pic of my last show with a Amhearst case under a DotCom Portable 22 in MU. Keyboard under and rack of effects next to modular. (Mixer hanging off an end on a short arm.)
Just me
I'll make it easy to find:
I have a Rental company wood and metal table that is good if I want to take over 100MU out. You can almost see it behind this pic.

subultresk
Those stands (above) can really take a lot - in EU you will find them built by Jaspers. http://www.jaspers-alu.de/eng/index1.html

My favorite stands are Ultimate AX because they are very stably and extremely easy to transport. I have a couple of those stands and did some mods to optimize them for my instruments (and they are all shortened). Powersockets, MIDI-Interface, USB-Hub and Footswitch-to-MIDI are fixed on the stand with velcro-tape. I also use it with my 5U modules (3rd+4th pic). To use the 15U case upright i just fix it with a Vesa-holder - it's perfect...

Interesting is also Quik Lok WS550 (last picture). It can carry up to 130kg but it needs some extra (little and heavy (steel) parts to be fixed - it's not so nice to carry them around (bulkily) and they are not that rigid if you leave away those extra parts...

moogboy
I've used traditional x-stands (AWFUL IDEA) and standard 8 foot tables when taking my euro system out of the house. At home it sits on an old Quik Lok computer stand, which is what I'd ideally like to use for live performances.
bugler
@Subultresk: The stands look extremely sturdy. Is the modudular case custom made?
subultresk
bugler wrote:
@Subultresk: The stands look extremely sturdy. Is the modudular case custom made?

Yes - and yes! w00t

The downside of this Ultimate stands are the two front toes - i am 2m and my feet are 49 (13,5) - but they are so extremely sturdy and easy to transport! The QuikLok is quite wonky...

I am just preparing a big sale - also with the 4x84TE predecessor case, which is almost identical - the case on the pic is 4x119TE.....

the small one: Western Doc-Bag (it's just less varnished)
the big one: Modell Musikschule

zombie

bugler
Thanks a lot for the detailed anwer. At the moment I am in the inventing stage of a case offering room and power supply fo a small modular system as well as space for some additional gear.

Your cases really do look good.
JohnLRice
subultresk wrote:

Modular synths plus gongs = PURE WIN!!!!!!
w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause
subultresk
JohnLRice wrote:
w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t applause It's peanut butter jelly time! applause

thumbs up the classic companion in live electronic!
JohnLRice
subultresk wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

thumbs up the classic companion in live electronic!

I think I needs to start a special Modulars + Gongs Live! thread! hyper hyper hyper
bugler
Oh yeah!
JohnLRice
JohnLRice wrote:
I think I needs to start a special Modulars + Gongs Live! thread! hyper hyper hyper

It's here, but a lonely ghost town . . . cry

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95662
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1