MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

J.Haible's Living VCO for Eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Author J.Haible's Living VCO for Eurorack
Randy
Ahhh. Now it all makes sense.
Barcode
After looking at the driver PCB the tune pot might be backwards.... I plan on trying it tonight and I will report back.... Sorry.
Barcode
I confirmed that the Tune pot on the driver reacts backwards... Turning CW the pitch goes down and CCW the pitch goes up. I'm in the process of adjusting the gerber files to apply the fix. Literally it is just swapping to pads.

If you already ordered your PCB's it's a simple fix. Just 2 trace cuts and 2 oops wires. I'll post a picture of the modification I did on mine a little later. Sorry guys...

Here is the fix for the tuning pot. This only applies to the original version of the driver PCB. If you are using the gerbers below the fix was already added.

Barcode
Here are the most recent gerber files.
Randy
Barcode wrote:
I confirmed that the Tune pot on the driver reacts backwards... Turning CW the pitch goes down and CCW the pitch goes up. I'm in the process of adjusting the gerber files to apply the fix. Literally it is just swapping to pads.

If you already ordered your PCB's it's a simple fix. Just 2 trace cuts and 2 oops wires. I'll post a picture of the modification I did on mine a little later. Sorry guys...

No big deal. As long as it's documented, little adjustments like this shouldn't impact even a ham-fisted solderer like me.

Randy
negativspace
Stuff like that happens. Easy fix is an easy fix.
InfraXpert
I have ordered the PCBs for the EU-zone today.
The order is based on the latest Gerbers.
If you want to know if you are on the order and the amount please check page 29 where you find an updated list.
I will calculate the exact price and send everyone on the list a PM.
mechie
InfraXpert wrote:
I have ordered the PCBs for the EU-zone today...

Awesome pie full of awesomeness!
applause
Synthsense
InfraXpert wrote:
If you want to know if you are on the order and the amount please check page 29 where you find an updated list.

Yes Sir! The Chewbacca Defense Bop! Om
Jop
Great news InfraXpert!
Maco
who is taking orders to USA????
Phetus
Synthsense wrote:
InfraXpert wrote:

The Chewbacca Defense

My sentiments exactly!
Barcode
I finished building up my 2nd and 3rd cores this weekend and they turned out great.

I was also able to get them calibrated. I was able to get they to track over 5 octaves with barely any turned of the trimmers. Now I just need to finished wiring everything up and I will post some demos.
logicgate
Barcode wrote:
I finished building up my 2nd and 3rd cores this weekend and they turned out great.

I was also able to get them calibrated. I was able to get they to track over 5 octaves with barely any turned of the trimmers. Now I just need to finished wiring everything up and I will post some demos.

Rockin' Banana! It's motherfucking bacon yo screaming goo yo Dead Banana screaming goo yo It's motherfucking bacon yo Rockin' Banana!
oberkorn
InfraXpert: great news, really looking forward to this w00t

oh and loudestwarning/badproducer: please msg me about teh panel
Randy
Panel!? What panel? For this VCO? Can we see it?

Randy
Barcode
I made and update to the Driver BoM on page 41.
mOBiTh
dammit - seemed to have blinked and missed this one. will there be more pcbs available (EU) at some point?
oberkorn
Randy wrote:
Quote:
Panel!? What panel? For this VCO? Can we see it?

yes, this -->

doesn't fit the PCBs though, but looks very nice IMHO
InfraXpert
mOBiTh wrote:
dammit - seemed to have blinked and missed this one. will there be more pcbs available (EU) at some point?

I have ordered a little more than needed.
How many do you want?
Randy
oberkorn, that is nice. Looks like Euro banana, is that right? I have a draft panel on ModularGrid, might play around with it a bit.

Randy
InfraXpert
The PCBs for Europe have arrived and everyone on the list should have received a PM from me with the orderinfo and price.

If you have not received a PM from me please let me know.
I will ship as soon as I receive the shipping details from paypal.
InfraXpert
and I forgot:

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR MUFF USERNAME IN THE PAYPAL OR SEND AN PM WHEN YOU HAVE PAID WITH YOUR REAL WORLD NAME.

Thanks
logicgate
Very nice!

Meanwhile, my PCBs still stuck at customs since 20/05... sad banana
mechie
logicgate wrote:

Meanwhile, my PCBs still stuck at customs since 20/05... sad banana

Psst! I know where you might get some Smacked in the head with a trout

sorry, couldn't resist oops
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 17 of 29