MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How was IDOW shot?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author How was IDOW shot?
BadBadger
Jason,

This may be a bit geeky, but a buddy and I were wondering what video and audio gear you used to shoot (and edit) IDOW. The quality is very nice. thumbs up
s o l v e n t
BadBadger wrote:
Jason,

This may be a bit geeky, but a buddy and I were wondering what video and audio gear you used to shoot (and edit) IDOW. The quality is very nice. thumbs up

Hi - good to hear! This is really Robert's department. My role as producer was more ideas, content, feedback, logistics, writing, promotion, etc - I don't personally have any camera/editing skills, that stuff is all Robert. Anyway I know he used some sort of Panasonic camera for most of it. Towards the end he got access to a Red camera so that was used for certain shoots. All of the camera gear including lighting well small and portable enough for 2 people to carry around. We rented all of this stuff for every shoot which was a big part of our budget. Editing wise it was done on Final Cut Pro.

If anyone is looking for any tech-y specifics I'm sure Robert would be happy to answer. Maybe best to contact me and I'll forward to him info [at] idreamofwires [dot] org.

Jason
bugler
I was wandering, too. So thanks a lot!
alternating.bit
Oh wow, I just noticed this sub-forum here - I LOVE this film!
I actually sent out some emails of praise via the IDOW website (or the producer's website) just after watching the doc a few weeks ago. Stellar work... can't believe how the lengthy hardcore edition didn't even seem long enough.

Incredible production value, shot beautifully, great flow and continuity and a landmark of a film for historic purposes. I can't say enough good things about it... best blu ray purchase of the year for me.

Most memorable moment: a guy states how one of his music partners who was on the brink of releasing collaborative material with got a modular and never he saw him again lol.
s o l v e n t
alternating.bit wrote:
Oh wow, I just noticed this sub-forum here - I LOVE this film!
I actually sent out some emails of praise via the IDOW website (or the producer's website) just after watching the doc a few weeks ago. Stellar work... can't believe how the lengthy hardcore edition didn't even seem long enough.

Incredible production value, shot beautifully, great flow and continuity and a landmark of a film for historic purposes. I can't say enough good things about it... best blu ray purchase of the year for me.

Most memorable moment: a guy states how one of his music partners who was on the brink of releasing collaborative material with got a modular and never he saw him again lol.

Thanks for the kind words and great to hear you enjoyed it so much.

Regarding that most memorable moment... that was me, speaking about Bruce Duncan. He used to produce music in the early 90s, and him, myself and another artist Lowfish talked about releasing a 12" with a track by each of us on it. Then he got a Serge... The fact that he sold off everything else and seemed to stop producing music, totally scared me off of the idea of modulars for a long time... but then it lead him to create Modcan, so I'd say he made the right choice
alternating.bit
s o l v e n t wrote:

Regarding that most memorable moment... that was me, speaking about Bruce Duncan.

Oh wow! LOL... forgive me for not remembering who it was... I think that part spoke to me because I feel the same thing is happening to me, though I plan make a conscious effort to record stuff again soon. For so many years I've been output-based churning out songs & albums, but seldom have I taken the time to enjoy the process. I find modular synthesis provides the perfect way to do that.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1