euro is dead...

New Interfaces for Analog Synthesizers.

Moderators: Kent, infradead, __ag

sandyb

euro is dead...

Post by sandyb » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:49 am

...long live euro.

i've gone from 18u down to 6u this year. the remaining 6u is going to be a (nearly) all addac system. beginnings of which are pictured above. the none-addac portion is the es3,6&7 which will be used with max msp. i contemplated the addac VCC but i can't speak arduino. most of the modules arrived yesterday so i haven't had much of a chance to play with them yet.

huge thanks to everyone at addac for making (imho) some of the more interesting euro modules out there at the moment. i'm looking forward to seeing what they come out with next.

i'm wondering how long it will be before i just *have* to have all the panels in red :omg:

richard
bananaphile

Post by richard » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:51 am

:tu:

I'm sure couldn't live with the different colours for long either sandy :hihi:
Bastard Science Vol.1 and 2 (Hordik, Buchla, Serge, EMS, Oberheim) https://soundanatomy.bandcamp.com/album ... ence-vol-1
https://soundanatomy.bandcamp.com/album ... ence-vol-2

Tales from the Voodoo Box (EMS Synthi A solos) https://soundanatomy.bandcamp.com/album ... ynthesiser

Richard Scott - Several Circles https://cuspeditions.bandcamp.com/album ... al-circles

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:59 am

Are you bringing that to Vienna? Please do! Or perhaps I'll invite André to come.

weinglas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by weinglas » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:10 am

Great little system Sandy!

I still have 9u Euro left and two of the main reasons were the Nchunk (what a great, underestimated controller module this is, even my daughter likes it) and the Wav.player.
Album with Kozepz:"FRNDS"
"All Tubes"
"Game Over!"
mirarimusic wrote:... This fucking blows away Beyonces release today as well!!!!
dan_p wrote: I'll still be listening to this one in years to come. best thing I've heard for ages
Videos

mapmap
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mapmap » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:26 am

Oh man! I didn't know the ultra wav player was shipping! Very cool

ringstone
antipodean experimentalist

Post by ringstone » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:42 am

Looking forward to hearing what you come up with, with those beauties!

Cheers
Blair

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:51 am

Very sexy indeed sandy

No vco ?

Interesting :tu:

mafouka
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mafouka » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:09 am

gawt dayum
這一生中有多少人擦肩而過?而朋友是多麼可貴啊

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:09 am

:love: Cool system! :tu: I bet it would look extra sexy, especially if you get all red modules in there, if you covered your cabinet in white tolex? :hmm: :hyper:

shootingtigers
Wiggling with Experience

Post by shootingtigers » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:25 am

I've never really looked into ADDAC much but I'm gonna have to look into them more!

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:23 am

@richard - yes. i fear it won't be long!

@Kent - i might. need to figure out a good way to carry it safely though. and get onto writing a few max patches so it's working as i want in my head.

@tiny333 - well, the .wav player can be a vco and for the moment i will use computer generated ones in max msp. i may pick up one of addac's in the future although not sure yet.

@john - you read my mind although i was thinking a glossy white paint finish rather than tolex.

Entrainer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Entrainer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:27 am

Nice rig Sandy!

Do you have the L Curves and Marble Physics on order?
I think those are "essential ADDAC".
5,159 custom drum samples for electronic music
made from 4 modular systems, drum modules, and some nice analog outboard processing

202 Instruments for Ableton Live/Push (128s), NI Kontakt, and Logic EXS24
41 Kits for NI Maschine, FXPansion Geist, Ableton Drum Racks, and Octatrack Sample Chains
http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:33 am

Entrainer wrote:Nice rig Sandy!

Do you have the L Curves and Marble Physics on order?
I think those are "essential ADDAC".
thanks.

not at the moment. (spent the rest of my euro sell off money on something a bit bigger! pictures when it arrives)
i certainly plan to get one or the other of them but not sure which yet.
going to spend some time with the system as it stands first.

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Nice :)

polyroy
Ambient Wiggler

Post by polyroy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:38 pm

Looks good, Sandy! Glad to see the plan coming together.
WTB: Plan B modules

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:06 am

i'm wondering how long it will be before i just *have* to have all the panels in red
You're kiddin'! I envy your Complex Random in red already, I haven't yet found the courage to get mine repanneled in red. Too bad my red/golden panels are apart and don't look so cute.

I envy your Quad Spatializer even more so; I so crave for one of these. Do keep in mind that the 803 & 802 combo can work as a Quad Spatialiazing Mixing console. Kind of like vector synthesis
weinglas wrote: the Nchunk (what a great, underestimated controller module this is, even my daughter likes it)
Nchunk videos coming right up! I think more people need to see this in action to believe how useful it is. That and the fact that it's not skiffable is what's keeping most wigglers from enjoying one.
sandyb wrote:i certainly plan to get one or the other of them but not sure which yet.going to spend some time with the system as it stands first.
Either of them would benefit greatly from an O'Tool. I find it is essential for the Marble Physics module but I'm sure it would be useful for the LC as well. Haven't check that out yet.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

Return to “ADDAC System”