MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

New for 2013: The 311C Dual JAG Controller!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author New for 2013: The 311C Dual JAG Controller!
carygrace
Shipping soon.

More info at http://www.wiard.com.

kuxaan-sum
The emerald style/looking LEDs = Gorgeous!

Maybe I need a close up though~
carygrace
kuxaan-sum wrote:

Maybe I need a close up though~

Big photo: http://www.wiard.com/images/311clg.jpg
slow_riot
very very impressive.

I always loved to use the Malekko Wiard/Richter oscillator as LFO with the JAG, and having a dedicated LFO with sine/cosine is just what the doctor ordered. I'm from the school of thought that less human control can often be a good thing! Although I am inclined to want to touch this module.

The comparator on gate input is another subtle but major addition to the 300 format. Wogglebug smooth or stepped doesn't work happily with the Sequantizer whose inputs are designed to work with gates from the SQ steps.... and TBH the Sequantizer really comes alive when interpatched and the CV options are patched from external sources.

The jumper switch to use the latched gate repeat mode saves using a Mixolator or the crossfader on the Envelator for this functon.

Well done Cary! smile
carygrace
One of the reasons for the additional modes (though there are all sorts of possibilities) is for translating one of the on-board LFOs into a Sequencer clock. This frees up other modules for more interesting tasks.

I have been experimenting with patching up this unit with a Sequantizer and one VCO, and it's quite amazing what can be done with only two modules and the 311C. Planning some demo videos!
drumsofd00m
Was just thinking along that line, too (use as a clock).
One thing I haven't found in any articles about the JAG so far (although I may just have missed it) is whether the JAG itself provides quadrature at some of the outputs? I know it's not the same thing as in e.g. Shepard scale CV generators where voltage levels are the same on all outputs while only phase (of an LFO usually) is shifted in fixed division steps - but do some of the outs on a JAG produce such a phase shift?
revmutt
Looks great. I'll have to get one after I get a "New Controller" for completion sake.
plord
Brilliant additions to a module I already use all the time. Nicely done Cary!

Would you take a New Controller as a partial trade? Mr. Green
carygrace
revmutt wrote:
Looks great. I'll have to get one after I get a "New Controller" for completion sake.

Hmmm...it looks like plord has one for sale. :-)
carygrace
Just wanted to post a direct link to the PDF documentation here (this is on the website as well, but is all the way down at the bottom of the page):

http://www.wiard.com/support/manuals/311CQuickstart.pdf
plord
I do love the look of those little fresnel caps on the LEDs. I use something similar in all my DIY work!
carygrace
drumsofd00m wrote:
Was just thinking along that line, too (use as a clock).
One thing I haven't found in any articles about the JAG so far (although I may just have missed it) is whether the JAG itself provides quadrature at some of the outputs? I know it's not the same thing as in e.g. Shepard scale CV generators where voltage levels are the same on all outputs while only phase (of an LFO usually) is shifted in fixed division steps - but do some of the outs on a JAG produce such a phase shift?

The only way you would get a regular phase shift out of the JAG would be to drive it with phase locked waveforms (like the one included). If you do that, you get eight overlapping peaks spaced evenly around the circle.
carygrace
plord wrote:
I do love the look of those little fresnel caps on the LEDs. I use something similar in all my DIY work!

Thanks! Was originally a necessary solution to using mixed types of LEDs with very different beam patterns that needed to be diffused a bit (I could not resist using the new pink, violet, and turquoise phosphor ones for this application, for obvious reasons...), but I do like the way it ended up looking with the lenses. :-)
laserpalace
carygrace
I'm curious what the width of the unit is? Also the depth? Could it be "skiffed" in a custom case? Regardless I could look at this thing all day long, wonderful work! SlayerBadger!
parasitk
If it's like the others it should be 3U (I think) and 19" standard rack width.

Oh, and this new version looks great! Fantastic additions. This is fun!
laserpalace
parasitk
Thanks, that's what I figured as well.
drumsofd00m
The other 311s are 2U, not 3U. (As is the 311C judging from looks)
carygrace
laserpalace wrote:
carygrace
I'm curious what the width of the unit is? Also the depth? Could it be "skiffed" in a custom case? Regardless I could look at this thing all day long, wonderful work! SlayerBadger!

2U 19" wide, rack mountable.

I can't give you an exact depth number just yet, (a couple of parts are going to change making the production version thinner than my prototype) but should be less than 2" deep.

So, pretty shallow (not quite as thin as the 311B, but that was surface mount and this is through-hole and has a lot more circuitry).
kuxaan-sum
Sweet! The lenses are a nice touch~
Really ties the knot together...p.i.

One of my favorite things is to hit my Malekko JAG with the A-143-9.
This controller is looking ideal.

Man,
This is not helping my lust for starting a 300 case.
very frustrating
parasitk
Ah 2U, thanks!
laserpalace
carygrace
Great, thanks for the info. Looking forward to this!
revmutt
plord wrote:
Brilliant additions to a module I already use all the time. Nicely done Cary!

Would you take a New Controller as a partial trade? Mr. Green

I have PM'd you on that subject naturally.
Tommy
flts
time to start saving up for a mixolator + 311c to complete my system...
construct09
Nice work Cary it looks wonderful!
Babaluma
very nice to finally see this back in production. i've owned a black and a blue 311 over the years, and both were amazing. this new issue looks even better.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3