MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Attn anyone who is getting "invalid session" errors - please log out, clear your browser cache and then log in again. If the errors persist for you please make a post in the applicable thread in the "Forum Dicussion & Requests" subforum. Thanks. STILL working on the logged out and session timeout issue - have a couple new strategies I'll be trying over the weekend. We will get this fixed! Thanks for your patience and sorry for the hassle.

Tips tricks and things u can do with your quantizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Tips tricks and things u can do with your quantizer

tiny333

Well i just paid for one of these and will have to wait a week before it arrives

So i want go talk about it for a week help

I have not had a quantizer before......

Any bright ideas for other uses ? Stepped voltages ... Mmmm

Or clever ways to use it ??

I bought it as i have 2 pressure points and u cant tune those suckers for love nor money..... I have a peterson tuner and it takes me five minutes to get one
Note right then when i take my hand off it goes out

One question

On pressure points the top row is 8v and the bottom 2 are 5 v
Will i be able to use all three with the quantizer ??

hmmm.....

oootini

lfo>s+h>quantizer =profit

tiny333

Mm ok thank you oootini i will give that a go fo sho

If i can work out how to get s&h out of my maths ....

tiny333

Im noticing that ADDAC users are not very chatty

Or there are only four of you

hmmm.....

tiny333

I can see you lurking paranormal

Mr. Green

tiny333

Well i would just like to say what a joy this unit is

Its very very easy to use

It works a treat

And its pretty as hell

The manual i had to read out loud to get it but thats the portugese english not the unit

Its simple

As music

wink

Paranormal Patroler

tiny333 wrote:
I can see you lurking paranormal

Mr. Green

Ninja

Just saw this thread.
One of the best uses for the 207 is as a chord producer. Really musical at that. Or just do polyrhytms by quantizing sequencers and gating them independently or just plug in Complex Randoms' outputs on it and go berzerk.

How are you using yours?

tiny333

Well i have only had it twelve hours but its been amazing how much i have had out of it in that time

My fav was a sin from dpo and 701 tuned a third apart with a soft envelope
On pressure points.. That was rather beautiful

I have had it going crazy triggering a maths into it ...

It also does what i initially bought f for which is tuning the pp seqence

About to go and try scales and i really want to hear that african thingy

Its quite amazing how fast it reacts

And the gate outs are a godsend

Thanks for the reply

thumbs up

Paranormal Patroler

Try inputting stuff only on Input 1 and programming distances for the other outputs. Chords change depending on the scale you're on, the distances don't remain the same throughout. It's quite genial!

Paranormal Patroler

By the way, please take the time to read the newest version of the manual. (revision 3). I suggested several corrections to Andre so I hope it will make more sense now!

tiny333

Yes thanks i have that

Thank you for doing that

love

tiny333

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Try inputting stuff only on Input 1 and programming distances for the other outputs. Chords change depending on the scale you're on, the distances don't remain the same throughout. It's quite genial!

Ahh now that is very interesting indeed i will have to work that out

Last night i was trying to hit a third on the 1st chord and needed a fourth
On the second....

hmmm.....

Paranormal Patroler

Let me give you an example of what I'm saying. If you program your 2nd output to play a 3d from your root note and your 3d output to play a 5th from your root note, then if you're in C major scale and step through all the notes you'll get: Cmajor chord, d minor, e minor, F major, G major ... etc
It changes the distances to accommodate your scale, which is really musical.

That's why on the latest revision it says that when programming the outputs (via buttons 2,3 and 4) you input what distances you want from the root note. That means a 3d can be a major or minor 3d depending on the scale you're in; if you need to use borrowed chords you better sequence your transposition properly. Mr. Green You can program transpositions or specific distance changes (for particular or several outputs) via the Assign Input.

tiny333

Oo that assign button !!!!

What a great idea !!

I may have to understand music a bit more than i do now

There must be a list online someplace

I mean i could live the easy life
But trying to follow a song structure is a fun puzzle

Cheers paranormal

thumbs up

What an absolutely mind blowing modual

Paranormal Patroler

Anything else you need regarding the module or music theory, don't hesitate to ask; I love the 207 so I've been through the manual quite a few times over. Still haven't messed with several of its functions as I haven't explicitly searched alternative tunings, but I will at some point. I'm a novice in that department.

tiny333

We need Howard Goodall

hihi

makaton

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Let me give you an example of what I'm saying. If you program your 2nd output to play a 3d from your root note and your 3d output to play a 5th from your root note, then if you're in C major scale and step through all the notes you'll get: Cmajor chord, d minor, e minor, F major, G major ... etc
It changes the distances to accommodate your scale, which is really musical.

That's why on the latest revision it says that when programming the outputs (via buttons 2,3 and 4) you input what distances you want from the root note. That means a 3d can be a major or minor 3d depending on the scale you're in; if you need to use borrowed chords you better sequence your transposition properly. Mr. Green You can program transpositions or specific distance changes (for particular or several outputs) via the Assign Input.

top tips. thank you

Fastus

oootini wrote:
lfo>s+h>quantizer =profit

Pardon my ignorance for asking, but is the sample & hold module necessary (I don't have one yet) - I thought the quantizer essentially 'held' a note when gated ...? and played the next note on the next gate. Seems to work fine w LFO directly in...

Also a question for Paranormal/ADDAC (and I ask as an absolute noob): When I set the scale to Cm on the panel I get a melodic minor - only the 3rd is flattened, where l'd expect to also have the 6th and 7th step flattened. I know I could just dial in an Eb major and start on the C, but I just wanted to see if this was correct.

craigie77

I have a ustep 2 and I have a patch I keep going to

If you have a shift input on the quantizer

I sett a seq on row one on pressure points to the ustep input
Clock a s/h with the same clock as pressure points
Take the s/h output, send it to a vca
From vca to shift input of quantizer
Than use 2nd row pressure points to open up the vca, maybe 1 or two steps fully open
The rest I leave closed
Gives the riff a very controlled random shift only on the steps where the vca is opened
Gives my acid a bump of freshness

Or use stackables and trigger the s/h (just straight into the shift input, no vca)with a couple of gates within the sequence(so the cables come from two points in the sequence and are stacked on the s/h clock input)
Nice with pressure points if you rneset the sequence on the 7th step, and have a gate trigger the s/h at steps1 and 3

Try a lfo into a vca and using the pressure outs to open the vc going into the quantizer and set the top row of pressure points to shift through the scales,,,,,,,total ozric tentacles

craigie77

Oh and get one of these as well, sample hold ,and sample and glide which is really handy for glissando type arpegggios
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-148

ben_hex

This looks like (after some time hunting, reading, asking questions etc) the absolute king of quantizers for not much more money than the other options out there.

Surprised there aren't many users out there (it seems) or just quiet users.

Has anyone got any patches, tips or tricks they want to share?

If anyone wants to chat about it PM Me smile

rasseru

ive juts got one - my first quantiser, and it also feels like im part of some secret addac club lol

i'll try to do an up of the different tunings and of the chord mode when i have a mo

ben_hex

rasseru wrote:
ive juts got one - my first quantiser, and it also feels like im part of some secret addac club lol

i'll try to do an up of the different tunings and of the chord mode when i have a mo

First impressions? Easy to use, and rock solid?

Paranormal Patroler

Fastus wrote:
Also a question for Paranormal/ADDAC (and I ask as an absolute noob): When I set the scale to Cm on the panel I get a melodic minor - only the 3rd is flattened, where l'd expect to also have the 6th and 7th step flattened. I know I could just dial in an Eb major and start on the C, but I just wanted to see if this was correct.

Hey Fastus, sorry for the late reply. I just saw this post Ninja (for some reason it happens with this thread!). Sounds like melodic minor indeed, which is weird as a Harmonic Minor would be more useful. I need to verify this but I'm currently away from my modular.

I will look into it though. Feel free to PM if you see I haven't responded in a while, I tend to get absent-minded when I have too much work. oops

ben_hex

Can you input custom scales by selecting notes on the keyboard interface?

Probably a daft question, flicking through the manual and not seen that ... yet.

As always, ask Muffs first grin haha

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2