MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Euro Drumming...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Euro Drumming...
tragedybysyntax
So Guys, what's everyone experience with the euro analogue solutions and mfb drum modules? I'm seriously thinking about just taking the 2 euro spaces I have and filling one with all the harvestman stuff and the other one with just drums. Need to find that MFB Seq-01. 12 outputs..... alot like the hexzone but i could use it just for drums! would be sick.

I'm just curious about build quality and the likes.... thanks in advance!
sandyb
i have a seq-01. it is great. i haven't had it for very long but it's a very versatile and useful module - whether used to trigger drum sounds or other things. the ability to have up to 12 separate trigger outputs, each with 2 variations means you can trigger a whole load of modules! and that's just on one pattern. CV control of pattern +/- and either an internal or external clock add to the fun. the build quality seems fine to me - the black faceplate doesn't bother me but i guess if you were really fussy about a uniform modular you may think differently.

sandy
Kent
I dunno. Whaddayall think?

consumed
that video looks nice but i dont grok the functionality.
so...is the sequencer basically like the sequencer section of the 606?
as in...you have a 16-step (gate/trigger) sequence for each voice, for which you can program any one (or all) steps for each voice?

in other words, its a 16-step gate/trigger sequencer x 12, completely programmable, and WITH a clock? how many patterns (presumably, defined as a collection of 16steps x 12 voices) are available? am i understanding this right?
tragedybysyntax
exactly why I'm doing a euro with all drum modules and this as the master clock/sequencer for that row. 16 STEPS ON ALL 12 OUTS! f'ng rad! smile
sandyb
consumed wrote:
that video looks nice but i dont grok the functionality.
so...is the sequencer basically like the sequencer section of the 606?
as in...you have a 16-step (gate/trigger) sequence for each voice, for which you can program any one (or all) steps for each voice?

in other words, its a 16-step gate/trigger sequencer x 12, completely programmable, and WITH a clock? how many patterns (presumably, defined as a collection of 16steps x 12 voices) are available? am i understanding this right?

you got it - 16 step trigger x 12. plus each step can have two variations - although you are limited to a global choice of playing either "a," "b," or alternate "a" then "b." of course with the programability it's easy to get round this slight limitation. i just checked the manual and there are 16 user definable patterns available (so 16 steps x 12 = 1 pattern x 16). there are also 16 presets should you wish to use them - these are separate from the user patterns. it has an internal clock and a clock out jack to sync to other gear, or you can use an external clock. pretty powerful eek!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1