MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New cable brand makes your modular sound FAT!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author New cable brand makes your modular sound FAT!
drumsofd00m
Tired of spending petty penny on Euro modules?

Yearning for something more substantial than puny Skiffs that weigh less than a 5U guy's mere bag of patchcords?

BUT - 6.3mm is still too ponytails for you, you're a REAL man?

Turn your modular addiction up a notch with cables from NBS!

NBS - the omega end of what you'll ever spend! ®

http://www.nbscables.com/products/pricing_omega.html

To get the most out of the fattest sounding cables, best use in combination with the world's largest synth (no jacks required, plugs will just melt into the connections):
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91895
silikon
eek!
Nelson Baboon
Well, you know that some people say that sound quality is EVERYTHING. If so, then one can't spend too much on cables. These seem kind of cheap, considering. (just sent in a large order)
drumsofd00m
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Well, you know that some people say that sound quality is EVERYTHING. If so, then one can't spend too much on cables. These seem kind of cheap, considering. (just sent in a large order)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtWqOyFcMwU
DonaldCrunk
from one of the 'reviews' :

"Overall, these cables have a rich tonal balance that comes down somewhat on the warm side. I think that the very full lower midrange and upper bass is responsible for this. Everything that I listened to had a more liquid quality that I found to be pleasant. The perspective seemed to be a bit recessed, as if I was sitting a little further back from the performance. This effect was not to the extent that it masked musical detail to a great degree, but it was noticeable. "

nanners
drumsofd00m
I think the "reviewer" may have went a bit overboard on the liquor, uhm, I mean liquid part while he sat back and took a deep, deep recess. ;D

Hey, can anyone tell me how I get red and green sounds out of the Wiard? I'm starting to feel all blue! Guess I need me some NBS cables to cheer up!
silikon
I think those reviews should also include drug dosage taken prior to the 'experience'.
silikon
drumsofd00m wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtWqOyFcMwU

Contextually speaking... What?!

...and people say synthesists make fart-like sounds. hihi
sduck
Man! Some Brilliant Pebbles and these cables, and I bet you don't even need to turn on your synth!
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
"a fool and his money shall soon be parted"
Peake
$50,000.00 CD player zombie
JohnLRice
I'm gonna get the JUMPER CABLES - SET for only $450.00 hyper If I ever need to jump start my car, I wont be fucking around! headbang

And since the OMEGA EXTREME 0 four foot cable costs the same as the two foot cable, at $7,700.00, I'm gonna buy a case of the four foot ones, cut them in half and sell 'em for $6,660.00 each and make bank!!!
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
In all seriousness, how do companies in the hi-fi world actually justify their insane prices?
milkshake
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
In all seriousness, how do companies in the hi-fi world actually justify their insane prices?

-Its so easy to be fooled into thinking this actually works, if you have no knowledge of scientifically valid subjective testing methods.

-"There's a sucker born every minute."
Dave Peck
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:

All they need to do is find one idiot to pay that price and poof - it's justified. They picked the right price.
Just me
My favorite was the audiofoole company selling the special IEC power cord for $800 because that was a weak link in your system.
acidbob
It says jumper cables at the bottom of the page, so maybe they are supposed to be used for dead car batteries?

(just realised someone had the same idea as me in a ealier post, sorry)
Umcorps
To get the best out of those cables you really need a couple of these first.

http://improveaudio.com/acoustic-energizer.htm

w00t
Rigo
Just me wrote:
My favorite was the audiofoole company selling the special IEC power cord for $800 because that was a weak link in your system.

There you go ... from their pricelist:
NBS wrote:
A/C POWER CABLE 6-FT. $3,850.00
drumsofd00m
Just like a $50,000 CD player isn't worth shit if you don't have the DISC ENERGIZER!

http://improveaudio.com/disc-energizer.htm

Only lasts for 120 minutes through, so buy two if you're into Wagner, or movies!

Hey, this is starting to get NSFW, a friend of mine had to laugh that hard at the comments and links you guys are bringing in here.

Now can someone please build me a Modular Energizer? I really am so not vibing with my modular today, and I'm sure it's not me or my creativity, and I checked lunar aspects also and that's not it either. Please! I won't mind buying one for each module format, even!
spinach_pizza
drumsofd00m wrote:
Just like a $50,000 CD player isn't worth shit if you don't have the DISC ENERGIZER!

http://improveaudio.com/disc-energizer.htm

Only lasts for 120 minutes through, so buy two if you're into Wagner, or movies!

Good lord. not this shit again From the website:

These products are made possible only with EUPHORIA TECHNOLOGYâ„¢.

Scientists have been researching for a long time to find solutions to align Protons and Electrons in Atoms.
IPC Hong Kong has found the answer and applied it successfully to many different products …. and many more to come.

Euphoria Technology IPC’s proprietary Euphoria Technology™ is implemented in all IPC products to generate a prescribed and stable PVA Field (Proton Vibration Alignment Field). An atom has three major particles, namely Protons, Electrons and Neutrons. The PVA Field created by Euphoria Technology™ aligns the vibration and movement of protons and electrons in all matter so that their physical properties are fundamentally enhanced.
Morley
I sell power cables but mine are only $250. I take standard ones and process them in my studio/lab via what I call "magneticrapooning" You can perhaps not hear but a difference, but you can really feel it in your chakra. That certain feeling of unease when using your synth is gone and you are more at one with the synthesizer.
Since I have done this to all my cables, I have saved thousands of dollars in not having to buy new synths to replace my older ones, as all they needed was a realignment of their centre sources.

I only have the inner energy to crapoon a certain number so feel free to order quickly.

Peace

ambulance
Kingnimrod
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/coat-hanger-wire-is-just-as-good-as -a-high-quality-speaker-cable/19366
drumsofd00m
spinach_pizza wrote:

Good lord. :picard: From the website:

Yeah, I read that part, too. As I understand it, basically they're claiming to do something similar to what MRT (magnetic resonance tomography) temporarily does to water particles (or so) in tissue for imaging: aligning them. If and how that has any effect on audio quality and even "making the world a better place" (watch the video if you haven't yet!)...

I wonder whom this marketing blurb caters to? Who, in Western society, is at the same time rich enough and undeducated enough to buy those claims?

So I'm guessing the real target groups here are nouveau-riche Somalian pirates, or Afghan warlords, or does anyone have any better, more realistic suggestions? (No xenophobia attended at all... hope the logic was clear.)

Morley wrote:
... "magneticrapooning" You can perhaps not hear but a difference, but you can really feel it in your chakra. That certain feeling of unease when using your synth is gone and you are more at one with the synthesizer.
Since I have done this to all my cables, I have saved thousands of dollars in not having to buy new synths to replace my older ones, as all they needed was a realignment of their centre sources.

I only have the inner energy to crapoon a certain number so feel free to order quickly.

Peace

:emt:

LOL'ed hard. But hey, you did sell your Buchla IIRC, and I used to think Don had been esoteric enough to take care of that magnechakrapooling thing way back when he made the 200? Boy am I disappointed.
Morley
I felt that my soul needed cleansing and the Buchla was fighting my left quadrant, so it had to go. Either that or I bought a house and had to give the fucking money to the bank..pls don't remind me!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4