MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MSX Matrix
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Alyseum  
Author MSX Matrix
Paranormal Patroler
So, I remember reading about this cooperative production on another thread and I recall the relative video showcasing it on NAMM. It was tagged at 600 euro and regardless of high price it looked amazingly useful. Any news about when/if this module is actually coming out? I'm really interested even if I have to sell some thing to acquire it.
alyseum
Hi Paranormal Petroler

YES, the MS-MATRIX is coming, probably official announcement for the end of this year.
compared to the prototype presented during the MUSIK MESSE 2013 there has technical improvements and more possibilities (MIDI IN and CV IN for memory selection), as well as optional external modules that can even more possibilities. The price will remain unchanged 599€ all taxes included
Paranormal Patroler
alyseum wrote:
as well as optional external modules that can even more possibilities

This sounds intriguing. Any more details?
So it now sports a MIDI input on it as well? I hope the HP remains intact, I had to move quite a lot of modules to make it fit but I'm definitely looking forward to it. hyper
alyseum
To early for more details, but the HP stay the same with 1 MIDI in + 1 jack input more
I will you keep informed ASAP
Objective
Yes, more info please!
Subscription list?
alyseum
To early, I waiting that the firmware is completely finish, because we add some features
Ya-Neck
Hello!
I'm digging out this old post to sort some questions of mine out.

I would love to get such a powerful matrix! But I was asking myself about that midi in port.
Can this module output the midi clock to one of its output?
And can you "step-sequence" thru the presets with a trig or gate input?

Thanks!
Paranormal Patroler
Ya-Neck wrote:
Hello!
I'm digging out this old post to sort some questions of mine out.

I would love to get such a powerful matrix! But I was asking myself about that midi in port. Can this module output the midi clock to one of its output?
And can you "step-sequence" thru the presets with a trig or gate input?

Thanks!

The MIDI In port is for CC or Note assignment to change the Presets, you cannot output the MIDI clock. If you're looking for such features I suggest the MS-4/MS-812 combo which can probably fulfill all your MIDI requirements.

To the best of my knowledge the MS-Matrix does not accept triggers/gates to step through presets as of yet, although it has been suggested and it's highly possible that it will be implemented in a future update. You can use CV to change Presets though (like you can use MIDI for the same purpose), so it's very easy to patch your trigger to a sequencer and have the sequencer's CV change your Presets. I think that's a far better option as it allows for all kinds of scrolling through Presets, far better than a linear step-through. Still, I think Alyseum is going to implement a trigger/gate receipt to scroll through Presets. thumbs up
Ya-Neck
Thanks for your answer thumbs up
I'll take a deeper look!
Kytopia
Hi,
I just received my MS matrix and it's awesome. 16 I/O is a very powerful tool to have. however, I have come to the conclusion that 1 matrix is not going to be enough. according to my quick calculations, I will need at least 3 matrixes to do everything I intend to do with it, which is mostly waveform routing for my oscillators so that I can recall my patches for live usage.

I was wondering, is it possible to link multiple matrixes together, so that I can combine Input 1 on matrix 1 to for example output 1 on matrix 2? or do I need to patch them together by using for example 2 outputs on matrix 1 and linking those to 2 inputs on matrix 2?

Also, is there any more info on the expanders?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Alyseum  
Page 1 of 1