MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge panels: La Bestia, Edelweiss version II [SHIPPING]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author Serge panels: La Bestia, Edelweiss version II [SHIPPING]
nordlead
UPDATE 27 May 2017: La Bestia II is here (so are still a few Edelweiss II) - pcbs are also available info / order / status page for La Bestia II and Edelweiss II.

If you have pre-ordered a panel, please order the remainder (and any pcbs you may need) on that page. We are currently testing FEDEX for international shipping (depending on destination), FEDEX requires a telephone number, so please provide one either by adding a message with paypal or replying to the order confirmation. Thanks!

http://randomsource.net/serge_panels

La Bestia II (2017):

Edelweiss II (2016):

====== FROM THE ORIGINAL RUN / OUTDATED ======

UPDATE: everything shipped w00t

I have a few Edelweiss panels left. Contact me if interested. Might have a single WAD panel as well ...

Price per panel is EUR 88 including shipping (WW).

La Bestia:

Sturm&Drang (WAD panel):

Previous run:

Edelweiss:

pcbs of fonik's version of the 555-VCO (in Serge format!) can be ordered (and will be shipped) together with the panel(s) in this thread. All other pcbs are or will be available from CGS : http://cgs.synth.net/
If you want to get your hands on just the 555-pcbs in 4U format (without any panel), please order in > fonik's 555-pcb thread here.

You might save a few Euros on shipping when ordering more than one panel but that depends on the total weight (including the 555 pcb orders). If you are (seriously) interested, please post (exactly) which panel(s) + pcbs you'd be in for (see below) / update your post in this thread. Thanks!

UPDATE Oct 29: Please note the WAD terms & conditions below - thanks!

UPDATE Oct 25: added a list of interest/pre-orders below.

fonik will do a pcb run of the amazing Thomas Henry 555-VCO in CGS format if and only if the panel run happens. This is unlikely if we don't get to at least 10 or 12 panels. This is not a WAD pcb run. So for now I will only consider (pre-)orders including a panel. WAD pcb only pre-orders might be considered if we reach a sufficient number of panels to the extent needed to make the WAD pcb run happen. Thanks for your understanding.

For those who expressed interest in a panel, please update your post to reflect your interest in foniks 555-VCO pcbs in Serge format (2 needed for 1 panel).

---------------------

I'm planning to do a small run for a (full) Serge panel that includes a Wilson Analog Delay (WAD). The design of this panel is being discussed here. (It is not yet finally determined which (other) modules will be in that panel - current draft below)

Some people have expressed interest in this panel, but are held back by the fact that the WAD pcbs are not available any more. Here's some good news:

Ken Stone is willing to support this by doing another Cat Girl Synth WAD pcb (CGS208) run provided that a sufficient number of firm orders - at least 20 - can be organized. screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo MASSIVE THANKS to Ken here we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

Here's the bad news (which most of you will be aware of anyway): the WAD build requires some extremely rare and expensive chips (2x SAD1024, also 2x CA3280 etc. full BOM here), so it's a rather expensive and challenging project.

WAD Terms and Conditions: The WAD pcb is an unsupported CGS project for experienced builders - Ken will provide the pcbs, but no support whatsoever.
The WAD has been built successfully using this pcb by more than one person, so it can be done. However it's entirely up to you to source the parts (like the 2x SAD1024A), make sure they are working/not fake and get this beast up and running.
Do not rely on Ken (or me - I'm clueless anyway) to help you fix any issues.

If you are (seriously) interested, please post the quantity and your country for shipping (e.g. "1 set panel + pcb, France") in this thread. Please do only post your interest if you are sure you want to go ahead with this and you are aware of the sourcing and building challenges involved to give us a realistic view.

Also, please do not use this thread to discuss panel design or the modules contained in it - let's keep that in the design thread. Thanks!

================
Orders (status May 2):

Zeno: 1x La Bestia, 2x 555 (cancelled)
Reality Checkpoint: 1x La Bestia, 1 x Edelweiss + CGS91, 2x 555, UK
fluxmonkey: 1x La Bestia, 1 x Edelweiss, 2x 555, USA
the83: 1x La Bestia, 2x 555
Synesthesia: 1x La Bestia, 4x 555, CGS91 (cancelled)
gregwar: 1 WAD panel, 1 WAD pcb, 2x 555, Canada
bubblesound: 1 WAD panel, 1 WAD pcb

completed:

frozenkore: 1x WAD panel, 1x 555 pcb set, 1x Edelweiss + CGS91, USA
chinard: 1 WAD panel, 1x La Bestia, 2x 555, Canada
PraxisCat: 1 WAD panel, 1 La Bestia panel, 2x 555 pcb set, 1x Edelweiss, USA
rekem1000: 2x WAD panel, 1x La Bestia, 4x 555, 1 x Edelweiss, Australia
otoskope: 1 WAD panel, 2x 555, 3x CGS91, Sweden
c1t1zen: 1x La Besta, 1x WAD-panel, 2x 555 pcb set
tmeade: 1 WAD panel, 1x 555 pcb set, New Zealand
kbo: 1x WAD panel, France
nangu: 3 WAD panels, 6x La Bestia, 9x 555 pcb set, 3x Edelweiss, USA
tekzon: 1x Edelweiss, France
notimeforlove: 1x WAD panel, 1x La Bestia, 2x 555 set, , 1x Edelweiss, USA
bookends: 1x La Bestia, 1x WAD panel, 4x 555
cillianjohn: 1 La Bestia panel, 1x 555 pcb set, CGS91, Finland
jarvis: 1x La Bestia, 1x 555 set, CGS91, USA
harolddonnelly: 1 WAD panel, 1x La Bestia, 4x 555, Canada
monstrinho: 1 WAD panel, 2x 555 set, 3x CGS91, USA
modintx: 1x Edelweiss + CGS91, 2x WAD panel, 2x La Bestia, 1x Edelweiss, 5x CGS91, + 4x 555 set, , US
jooks: 1x La Bestia, 1x 555 set, Sweden
DomMorley: 1x Bestia panel, 1x WAD panel, 2x CGS91, 4x 555 pcb, UK
mandzaro: 1x La Bestia, 555 set, CGS91, 1 x Edelweiss + CGS91,Switzerland
Chaotic: 1x La Bestia, 1x Edelweiss, 2x CGS91, 1x 555 set, Norway
Jonachi: 1x La Bestia, CGS91, 555 set, Sweden
lintfresh: 1x La Bestia
otherunicorn: 1x La Bestia
noodles_on_sauce: 1x Edelweiss + CGS91, USA
Jonachi: 1x Edelweiss + CGS91, Sweden
zdarma: 1x Edelweiss + CGS91, czech republic
jooks: 1x Edelweiss + CGS91, Sweden
(violet = paid, green = shipped)
frozenkore
I'm definitely interested, but I already have a WAD pcb. Can I still get in on this? If so, I'm done for a panel. Looks great!
tojpeters
panel + wad pcb + 2x 555 vco pcbs to california
harolddonnelly
tojpeters wrote:
Could you list which pcbs are used for this panel and where to buy them? i want to take a look at the non-cgs stuff before I commit. Really nice panel.

Are th PCBs for the non CGS still available? Like the buchla ring mod??
Isaiah
I'm already working on a panel design that could accommodate a WAD, so:
Definitely 1 PCB - UK
Though I would likely buy a second if it was the difference between the PCB run happening or not.

Thanks!
dmitri
I will buy some PCBs but will probably make panels for them my self. Nice panel though !
nordlead
frozenkore wrote:
I'm definitely interested, but I already have a WAD pcb. Can I still get in on this?

No problem w00t

tojpeters wrote:
Could you list which pcbs are used for this panel and where to buy them?

Since the final selection depends on availability etc. here's the (preliminary) list for the current draft: fonik (Thomas Henry) 555-VCO x2, fluxmonkey 111 ring mod, CGS LPG, CGS208 (WAD), CGS92 (SSG), [wishful thinking:] CGS??? (Serge Noise), CGS??? (UAP) - yet unclear when the last 2 will be available.

A note re pcb only orders: this interest check is driven by the idea to make the panel and WAD board available to a few interested wigglers (I'll do the panel for myself anyway and I'm lucky to already have a WAD pcb). So this is sort of a banana party exercise nanners . I've contacted fonik for instance asking him if he'd be up for a 555-VCO run in CGS format (which he might This is fun! ). I'm also hoping to find solutions for other loose ends, all of which - in particular the pcb runs - requires a bit of effort and (more important) a sufficient number of people joining in. So while I'm not saying you have to order a panel along with the pcb, a lot of this only makes sense if enough people are interested in the panel (and the pcbs behind it) as well.
thebot
Understood about the panel and the desire to It's peanut butter jelly time! , but if you need PCB orders to make it up to 20 I'll take a PCB. (I'm MOTM so no use for a panel, although I do keep getting tempted to go bananas when I see all these nice panels!).
Norman_Phay
I would like a PCB, but not a panel.
msprigings
I'm interested in the PCB only.
Isaiah
nordlead wrote:

I've contacted fonik for instance asking him if he'd be up for a 555-VCO run in CGS format (which he might This is fun! ).

I'd be interested in one or two of these if that helps your project at all.
Pfurmel
Would be interested just a pcb
Peake
Cancel...sorry.
monstrinho
I'm interested in one panel and two WAD PCBs. If there is a run of 6" Fonik 555 PCBs, I'll be interested in those too (as well as the other PCBs needed for the full panel).

(edit) Just to clarify, Two WAD PCBs, two 555 PCBs and one panel.
wavehead
down for 1x WAD PCB - 2xCGS 555

if i can offer a suggestion?

if the 555 actually does get made in CGS-sized format - the possibility (if there is one at all) of having it modified for a variable waveform output/waveshaper would be awesome.

sine->pulse, sine->tri->pulse... or even the NTO's variable waveform (if it isn't too much work) - whatever, anything that you can shift harmonics and dramatically extend the sounds of a patch without using up another mixer and/or xfade.

maybe i am biased because i kind of want every VCO from here on out with a variable waveform out (if you just love mixing waveforms this feature isn't gonna impair that), but it seems to fit serge nicely.
snufkin
definatly down for a wad pcb :>
eonz
I'm down for a PCB SlayerBadger!
tmeade
Interested in 2 pcbs.
fonik
nordlead wrote:
A note re pcb only orders: this interest check is driven by the idea to make the panel and WAD board available to a few interested wigglers (I'll do the panel for myself anyway and I'm lucky to already have a WAD pcb). So this is sort of a banana party exercise. I've contacted fonik for instance asking him if he'd be up for a 555-VCO run in CGS format (which he might This is fun! ).

i got the go from thomas henry to design and sell a 6x2 PCB of the 555-VCO.
please understand that since his name will appear on the PCB and one has to youe his original documentation, i will not change the feature-set of this module. all i will do is try to provide a combined footprint for a super matched pair / 2n3906 pair.
nordlead
fonik wrote:

i got the go from thomas henry to design and sell a 6x2 PCB of the 555-VCO.

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo Thanks to both of you!

Not a big deal, but how about including a LED driver/out? I believe I saw one on one of your prototypes a while ago(?) - would you consider this a change of feature set?
fonik
would only make sense with a switch to change from VCO to LFO mode (switching on/off a 2nd timing cap as well as the LED). that needs a transistor, a cap, and a resistor only.

another thing that would not affect the PCBs but the wiring and the front panel only is the implementation of the sync: why not just implement one single switch to sync both VCOs (1st VCO square out to 2nd VCO sync on) ISO having two sync inputs?
fonik
BTW what would be your preferred through hole matched pair for the PNPs? i am matching my own 2n3906 pairs, so i am not up to date on this topic.
krisp14u
WAD PCB would be most appreciated
cillianjohn
I'm definitely in for a WAD pcb. I might be on for a panel too, depending on where the design ends up. Cheers! thumbs up

EDIT: 25.10.2013
I'd like a panel, a wad pcb and 2x fonik/TH 555 pcbs to (suit the panel), shipping to Finland.

Edit 01.12.2013

I'm going to have to pull out of this order, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Isaiah
fonik wrote:
would only make sense with a switch to change from VCO to LFO mode (switching on/off a 2nd timing cap as well as the LED). that needs a transistor, a cap, and a resistor only.

Is it possible that might be included?
I understand if it's straying too far from TH's design.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 1 of 32