MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge panels: La Bestia, Edelweiss version II [SHIPPING]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author Serge panels: La Bestia, Edelweiss version II [SHIPPING]
nordlead
Looks like I screwed up and inadvertently shipped a La Bestia instead of a WAD panel to the US... (hides)

Send me an email or pm if you're in the US and would like to get a La Bestia panel (the last one available actually! It's completely sold out and a couple of people in Europe are one the waiting list...)
bookends
Love the WAD track. Stoked to get these
c1t1zen
My first Muffwiggler forum post shout out...and it only cost me.
nordlead
All orders have been shipped (the last ones were otoskope and Praxiscat on Monday) or cancelled (mostly due to non-responding).

La Bestia is completely sold out, but there is a single La Bestia panel available for shipping within the US only (due to a mistake I made). PM if interested.

There is also some Edelweiss available.

And lately we've been quite busy working on a PSU design which you can pre-order here (limited run)

Jonachi
Just wondering, wouldn't CGS79 be a very suitable PCB to use as ringmod on LA Bestia. Pot passive attenuators on A and Y?

http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs79_ring.html
bookends
that psu looks sweet! w00t
mandzaro
Hi,

I'm kinda lost, which Ken’s pcb's are already avaylable.

Could you please list the final pcb’s selection for La Bestia panel ?

Thanks

Martin
Jonachi
Quote:
La Bestia: Dual VCO: fonik 555-VCO set*, X Fader: up to you, fonik*, (possibly Serge X Fader with only 1 output + phone jack) or half of a Serge Stereo Mix from CGS* (tbc), LPG: CGS LPG (doesn't exactly fit the rails), J3RK LPG*, Ring: up to you, CGS67 (?), Fritz 2Q4Q(*), Sowa Ring ...? Serge WaveMult: CGS113, SSG: CGS92, Noise: CGS97, DTG: CGS114, Var Q filter: CGS*, Stereo Mixer: CGS*
modintx
This is what I'm currently thinking:

DUAL 555 VCO - fonik
X-Fader, LPG & Stereo Mixer - J3RK (kindly being worked on / mulled over)
Ring - CGS79, Wave Multi- CGS113, Smooth Step - CGS92, DTG- CGS114, Vari Q VCF (almost ready, if not shipping now from Ken)
Jonachi
modintx wrote:

DUAL 555 VCO - fonik
Ring - CGS79, Wave Multi- CGS113, Smooth Step - CGS92, DTG- CGS114, Vari Q VCF (almost ready, if not shipping now from Ken)

Same here, I'm still considering working on a build document for wiring it to the panel with these PCB's in mind. It comes down to timing though since I'll have plenty to do later on, come summer time. Oyeah, Ken already sells the QVCF so one can order that one from him along with the other PCB's and start working. We'll see when J3rk will have his PCB's ready.
nordlead
Jonachi wrote:
Just wondering, wouldn't CGS79 be a very suitable PCB to use as ringmod on LA Bestia. Pot passive attenuators on A and Y?

http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs79_ring.html

Don't see why not - I like the Serge Ring a lot! Since it's already in the WAD panel, I just figured a different one (e.g. the Sowa 4Q ring) would be nice in La Bestia, but that's just a matter of taste Guinness ftw!
oldenjon
modintx wrote:

I don't see why you'd want to use the J3RK fader here.
Its 2" wide and doesn't have VC Gain, so it won't double as an output module.

*edit*
Didn't realize that you probably want to use J3RK's OUTPlus in place of the Stereo Mixer
kbo
Wad panel arrived, so sexy smile
bookends
Got mine yesterday. Thanks!
notimeforlove
Got mine today too. beautiful. thanks!
fonik
still working on the actual build documentation. nevertheless i already uploaded the BOM and the schematics for the VCO PCBs.
i actually never wanted to publish a re-drawn schematic and rather liked to push the people to use thomas original documentation, alas, a few changes and additions have been made to get it to work on 12V and to implement the LFO modification properly, so a re-drawn schematic would be clear things up.
555VCO_4U_BOM.pdf
555VCO_4U_Schematic.pdf
Jonachi
Thank you Fonik! Really looking forward to the build document! we're not worthy
modintx
I second the thank you to Fonik - going to be a fun build applause thumbs up
rekem1000
fonik wrote:
additions have been made to get it to work on 12V and to implement the LFO modification properly, so a re-drawn schematic would be clear things up.
555VCO_4U_BOM.pdf
555VCO_4U_Schematic.pdf

I'm confused here, the 555 pcb's run on 12V now but doesn't the WAd pcb run on 15v?
otherunicorn
WAD is +/-12V, as per all Serge stuff.
fiocz
Animal! If someone would like to sell his La Bestia panel I would be very glad of buying it . I know this is not going to happen but at least I've tried ......in case PM me . Please . Russian Roulette
astroschnautzer
Any plans on making a rerun of La Bestia (and the other panels)?
nordlead
There will be a run of panels in our new 4x4 format shortly, i.e. instead of one full panel you can mix and match 4 panels (each holding 4") in one boat. So La Bestia & Co. will (re)appear in slices.
I will post designs in the next few days, here's the idea:

BTW I believe I still have an Edelweiss and possibly a "Sturm und Drang" (plus WAD and 555 pcbs) left - send me an email if interested.
RustyO
@nordlead : Sent you an email regarding panels.
co87lab
Is the WAD panel available?

I'm in for one!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 18 of 32