MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge panels: La Bestia, Edelweiss version II [SHIPPING]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author Serge panels: La Bestia, Edelweiss version II [SHIPPING]
snufkin
nordlead wrote:
Updated initial post - please read before posting any new (pre)orders.

For now only orders including a panel will be considered.

If you've already expressed your interest in a panel, please update your post to reflect how many fonik / Thomas Henry 555-vco pcbs (in Serge/CGS format w00t ) you would like - thanks!

ah thats a shame, if you do get the panel demand surely ken will order the extra WAD pcbs there seem to be more interest for

if so could you let us know thumbs up

thanks for your great efforts
jooks
Updated my post with 2 th/fonik pcbs. Thanks!
monstrinho
Just wondering, will there be a run of Serge format 111 Ring Mod PCBs for this, or is the plan to use the existing Fluxmonkey PCB? Also, what board(s) do you plan on using for the Random section?
nordlead
monstrinho, yes, the idea was to use the (existing) fluxmonkey 111 pcb. Just saw that it recently sold out, so I hope there will be another run or maybe Robert could even be convinced to do one in Serge format. If not, there are a couple of RING alternatives, the upcoming Ian Fritz 2Q/4Q looks like it could be nice substitute. Or CGS Active Real Ring Modulator. Since the design of the panel is not final yet, I'm also open for other suggestions as how to use the space... I'll probably remove the 111 and 555 labels on the panel so that there's more flexibility in terms of VCO / ring choices.

Re random: I'm hoping for the Serge Noise by maestro Ken Stone which would allow to build a Random Source by hooking the noise up to a SSG. The current design is basically a slighly reduced Random Source + (additional) SSG for sonic mayhem in 3" MY ASS IS BLEEDING . Alternatively these 3" could be filled by a DUSG.
cillianjohn
I updated my post too, with a yes for everything (panel, wad pcb, 2x 555 pcbs) thumbs up

Edit: to Finland
chinard
I updated mine to 1x panel, 1x wad, and 2x 555 to canada

i'll have all of the things!
tojpeters
updated original post. I'm in.
nordlead
Thanks guys, thumbs up I updated the list. Let me know if I missed someone/something...
synchromesh
Hi,

I'd be in for 1 panel, 1 WAD PCB and four 555 PCBs please, with shipping to England.

Cheers! thumbs up

EDIT: On second thoughts, I'm out - still keen, but the funds are no longer available... sad banana
monstrinho
Mine should read "+ 2 x 555" Thanks!

(edit) So, 2 x WAD, 2 x 555 and one panel.
harolddonnelly
How long will the pre order be open?
otoskope
Great panel. Sign me up for 1 panel, 2x555 VCO pcbs, 1 WAD pcb = the whole deal, I guess.
EDIT: Shipping to Sweden.
/Palle
bluedonkey
please ignore
nordlead
Here's some important note re the WAD pcb (the "WAD Terms and Conditions") - please don't take this lightly:

The WAD pcb is an unsupported project for experienced builders - Ken will provide the pcbs, but no support whatsoever.
The WAD has been built successfully using this pcb by more than one person, so it can be done. However it's entirely up to you to source the parts (like the 2x SAD1024A), make sure they are working/not fake and get this beast up and running.
Do not rely on Ken (or me) to help you fix any issues.

This run will happen only if Ken can rest 100% assured that he will not be contacted with any cries for help regarding the WAD.

Please do not register interest or place an order unless you are able and willing to accept this - even after you have possibly spent a few hundred bucks or euros for the parts. Thanks for your understanding.
otoskope
This sounds perfectly reasonable. I understand Ken's position. But I also assume that it's still perfectly OK to help each other out with potential WAD issues here on the forum! Rockin' Banana!

/Palle
nordlead
otoskope wrote:
I also assume that it's still perfectly OK to help each other out with potential WAD issues here on the forum! Rockin' Banana!

/Palle

Absolutely! - if this happens, I will setup a WAD building thread for stuff like 4558 vs NE5532N or silver mica vs ... w00t
snufkin
he nord shot u a pm about getting an extra wad pcb as at least one person on the list doesn't need one

would that be a possibility (don't worry if not, I also mailed ken to the same effect so maybe he will come through if he is not to busy)

thumbs up
nordlead
As I said before, this is a panel run that tries to make some pcbs (WAD, 555) available that are otherwise not or not in this format available. Hence this enormously depends on nice people (hopefully) making these pcbs to support this idea.

I will not worry about any "spare" pcbs until I know that they will actually come into existence. Panel orders will have priority, everything else is to be seen eventually.

Asking Ken directly about getting a WAD pcb now is probably the best way to make sure this run will never happen. sad banana

To put it another way: Ken doesn't need me to do a WAD pcb run. So the fact that he has not done (an official) one so far has a reason (stated in my post earlier today). So I suggest we respect that, otherwise we all waste our time here.
Isaiah
nordlead
Am I right in thinking that once you have enough folk committed to the panels, the PCB runs will be open to others?
No worries if not.
Apologies for being self-serving.

I'd like a WAD PCB purely for experimenting with MN3007 substitution.
Save the SAD1024s for the people who really want/need them thumbs up
But I'm probably most interested in the 555 VCOs.

I had an idea.
Maybe you could add a CGS Gate-to-Trigger PCB hardwired so you could ping the LPGs without using up an EG or DTG/DUSG.
Just a thought...
Isaiah
nordlead
Sorry Ralf, didn't see your last post before submitting mine.
Completely understand and respect everything you've said and I've refrained from pestering Ken or Matthias.

I wish I was in a position to commit to a panel, but my needs are very specific and I have an "End Game" strategy meh
nordlead
Isaiah No sweat, Alex - a WAD PCB purely for experimenting with MN3007 substitution sounds like it qualifies as a R&D project thumbs up Let's hope we make this run happen, I'm confident that this can be accommodated once we get there Guinness ftw!

I'll also look at the Gate-to-trigger idea, let's discuss this rather in the design thread, though.
snufkin
nordlead wrote:
As I said before, this is a panel run that tries to make some pcbs (WAD, 555) available that are otherwise not or not in this format available. Hence this enormously depends on nice people (hopefully) making these pcbs to support this idea.

I will not worry about any "spare" pcbs until I know that they will actually come into existence. Panel orders will have priority, everything else is to be seen eventually.

Asking Ken directly about getting a WAD pcb now is probably the best way to make sure this run will never happen. sad banana

To put it another way: Ken doesn't need me to do a WAD pcb run. So the fact that he has not done (an official) one so far has a reason (stated in my post earlier today). So I suggest we respect that, otherwise we all waste our time here.

well to be fair I had already contacted him about it after the first run but before this thread ad then again the other day, he gave the impression it was purely a demand thing (I could be wrong) I will refrain from contacting him again as I don't want to step on any-ones toes Mr. Green

but if he is doing a run for you surly he can tack a few on for people that don't want the panel, I don't see how this hinders this fine project in any way

I have just had these SADs sitting hear for a few years waiting for a pcb sad banana
PraxisCat
I am definitely interested, including the related PCBs.
monstrinho
nordlead wrote:
Here's some important note re the WAD pcb (the "WAD Terms and Conditions") - please don't take this lightly:

The WAD pcb is an unsupported project for experienced builders - Ken will provide the pcbs, but no support whatsoever.
The WAD has been built successfully using this pcb by more than one person, so it can be done. However it's entirely up to you to source the parts (like the 2x SAD1024A), make sure they are working/not fake and get this beast up and running.
Do not rely on Ken (or me) to help you fix any issues.

This run will happen only if Ken can rest 100% assured that he will not be contacted with any cries for help regarding the WAD.

Please do not register interest or place an order unless you are able and willing to accept this - even after you have possibly spent a few hundred bucks or euros for the parts. Thanks for your understanding.

Absolutely understood. My only concern is the calibration procedure. Are the original Serge docs for calibrating the WAD available anywhere?
otoskope
If nothing else, we have the paper building manual from 1983 for our big Serge system, including a WAD, at our university studios. It may include such instructions. I'll have a look next week when I'm back from holiday.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 3 of 32