MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge panels: La Bestia, Edelweiss version II [SHIPPING]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 [all]
Author Serge panels: La Bestia, Edelweiss version II [SHIPPING]
peloazul
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
Regarding the Random Source module in the Edelweis, what is the specified noise transistor type? Mine did not come with the SMT installed, and the BOM does not have it listed that I see.

Reese Sorry slow - I had this same question myself. I went to the page for the equivalent CGS version of the module and used that - PN4250A. I used 3 pins worth of a pin strip to make a socket. The first one turned out ok in the circuit, though.

I think Ralf makes a note of this in the La Bestia II build doc:
Ralf wrote:
For the Noise Source you have to select a noise transistor. It is recommended to use a socket for the (through-hole) transistor or simply stick the transistor in (without soldering) so you can test a couple - while the aim of the transistor manufacturers is to have as little noise as possible, we are interested in exactly the opposite for the noise source, so check out level and sound(!) of various types and pieces. Since the temperature of the transistor is also relevant for the noise generation, it is recommended to wait for a couple of minutes so that the transistor can warm up before you evaluate the noise quality.
lasesentaysiete
peloazul wrote:
lasesentaysiete That was the case with Edelweiss II.

thumbs up
nordlead
Shipping of La Bestia II (panels and pcbs) has started.

w00t

My own build (work in progress) ...


If you have pre-ordered a panel, please order the remainder (and any pcbs you may need) here.

Also, we are currently testing FEDEX for international shipping (depending on destination), it appears that in many cases Fedex is not much more expensive than the normal postal service (which can be quite slow). The calculation of shipping cost is rather buggy and does not even try to reflect the FEDEX rates (which are infinitely complicated), so I may have to ask for a shipping supplement. Also, FEDEX requires a telephone number, so please provide one either by adding a message with paypal or replying to the order confirmation. Thanks!

By the way, would like to get your feedback on how attractive shipping via Fedex is... Guinness ftw!
Larrea
nordlead wrote:
Shipping of La Bestia II (panels and pcbs) has started.

The calculation of shipping cost is rather buggy and does not even try to reflect the FEDEX rates (which are infinitely complicated), so I may have to ask for a shipping supplement.


Thanks for the clarification.

I sent you a message through your site's contact form about this; no reply. Apparently it's not working? Just a heads-up.

So we should order with impunity. Good news! nanners

How long do you anticipate having full stock of the panels and PCBs?

I would be ordering panel, PCBs, and a boat. Stupid question: is your external PSU mandatory to power the boat or are there other common PSUs people generally have at hand that will work?

Oh, and if FedEx isn't exorbitantly more expensive than the post, and is significantly faster, then I for one am in favor.
nordlead
Larrea wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.

I sent you a message through your site's contact form about this; no reply. Apparently it's not working? Just a heads-up.

So we should order with impunity. Good news! nanners

How long do you anticipate having full stock of the panels and PCBs?

I would be ordering panel, PCBs, and a boat. Stupid question: is your external PSU mandatory to power the boat or are there other common PSUs people generally have at hand that will work?

Oh, and if FedEx isn't exorbitantly more expensive than the post, and is significantly faster, then I for one am in favor.


OK, more clarification ;-)

Contact form should be working, however, I'm constantly drowning in a stream of emails and messages and the last weeks have been very busy trying to get everything in and out of production (and preparing for Superbooth or now BMF), so responses can be slow or slip through, especially if the questions cannot be answered on a yes / no basis ;-) Sorry about this, but spending more time answering emails would mean spending less time on getting the next module ready ... (or even less sleep!)

Re shipping, considering that R*S is not Mouser, I think the Fedex rates are pretty good, however I received about 15 pages full of tables and numbers and the cost also depends on weight and size, so there is no way I'll ever try to implement those numbers in the shop system. If you overpaid shipping because the actual rate is cheaper I will of course refund you. so far it looks like for a number of countries (US, France, Switzerland) Fedex is quite attractive, for some others (Australia) less so ... some (very) rough figures: so far a La Bestia II package (panel and some or all pcbs) with Fedex have been somewhere around EUR 35 in Europe and EUR 55 to the US ...

How long will I have full stock of panels and pcbs? This is not predictable at all as some of the pcbs are also used for the 4x4 modules. Also there is a number of pre-orders but I cannot say when everyone will plaice the main order and if they order all pcbs at once.
lasesentaysiete
can anyone post a pic of the VCFQ panel pcb? I'd like to know the orientation of the pots in order to determine if d-shafts are ok to use. Ideally (for me), they would all have their legs on the opposite side of the pot shaft vis-à-vis the jacks, etc.

does this make sense? I know R*S boards often have pots oriented both ways.
nordlead
lasesentaysiete wrote:
can anyone post a pic of the VCFQ panel pcb? I'd like to know the orientation of the pots in order to determine if d-shafts are ok to use. Ideally (for me), they would all have their legs on the opposite side of the pot shaft vis-à-vis the jacks, etc.

does this make sense? I know R*S boards often have pots oriented both ways.


All 4 pots of the VCFQ TH-version are oriented upright (legs towards the top) / pointing in the same direction. Hope this helps!
lasesentaysiete
nordlead wrote:


All 4 pots of the VCFQ TH-version are oriented upright (legs towards the top) / pointing in the same direction. Hope this helps!

of course it does! thumbs up
srfnsmy
Does anyone know the approximate Amperage draw for a La Bestia II? Need to know if 750mA PSA will be enough or if i should go for 1.5mA's..
Akitamaru
I am having trouble calibrating timegen oscillator on la bestia. I dont know what could go wrong in the build. I am using the correct trimmer value and there are not many other parts that were up to me to place. The module works fine but 1V/Oct doesn't reach anywhere near tuning on either far end of the trimmer range.
sdhains
does anyone happen to know if the edelweiss II has the same power consumption as the edelweiss (190mA on 12v+) according to nordlead on another thread?

Also wanting to confirm the la bestia pulls 550 to 600mA (making it incompatible with the ps2a which has 350mA capability 'om each rail' according to rex)...
Cablebasher
Guys

Very interested in the La Bestia panel but there is not a lot of videos or audio online.

Anyone got any jams they want to share?
ear ear
Cablebasher wrote:
Guys

Very interested in the La Bestia panel but there is not a lot of videos or audio online.

Anyone got any jams they want to share?


Would it help if you knew that the 'La Bestia' panel by Random Source is 'inspired by' the 'Animal' panel from STS? Do a search for 'Serge Animal'.
xonetacular
so I'm revisiting this to finish troubleshooting after having it set aside for a long time. edelweiss is built, if I take a looping output from either DUSG on edelweiss and put it into the boolean/pulse divider it will immediately freeze up the DUSG and the cycle light will just stay on. If I do the same thing with an out from a different 4x4 DUSG in another boat it doesn't do that and works normally. Both boats are connected to the same RS linear PSU. What's going on?
the bad producer
Is this the one built with just the *RS* PCBs?
xonetacular
yes version 2
xonetacular
seriously, i just don't get it
srfnsmy
I'm having problems with my CV Processor. I cut all the traces specified in the diagram. I also made sure once the traces we cut that they weren’t hitting the ground in any way.

Problem is still not resolved. The output attenuator is working correctly - adding and subtracting 5v on the output. But the 3 other input attenuators are not doing much of anything.

I’m comparing it with another Dual CV processor and that one is functioning properly.

Anything else other than the diagram below that I need to do to correct this problem?
the bad producer
I'm guessing those green lines drawn on the left side PCB image are wrong, one should go to CW, one should go to CCW surely? Check out 'SN1' and 'SN2' on the CGS81 schematic... (This is for the input attenuators).

I think the second one down in each pair of green lines should connect to the other leg of the pots (CCW)
srfnsmy
the bad producer wrote:
I'm guessing those green lines drawn on the left side PCB image are wrong, one should go to CW, one should go to CCW surely? Check out 'SN1' and 'SN2' on the CGS81 schematic... (This is for the input attenuators).

I think the second one down in each pair of green lines should connect to the other leg of the pots (CCW)


Or dear would you look at that! Cracking it open now to check..
srfnsmy
yes the diagram was off and its fixed now - thanks Charlie!!!

after comparing with the CGS81 schematic i found that there was a third connection that wasn't even drawn

thumbs up

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 [all]
Page 32 of 32
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group