MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

an open petition to droolermaster0....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author an open petition to droolermaster0....
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
for the love of god, please show us pictures of your home studio!!! applause applause

I've wanted to see it all the way back to KSS days!!!

I can't help it! I want to see it!!!! You're gear choices are always super nice ones and my curiosity is getting the better of me!!

come oooooon!!!! You know you want to!!! w00t
essex sound lab
Hear, hear!
syzygywell
yep. thumbs up
thats 3 people!!!!
Muff Wiggler
+1000
that counts as 1003 people!!!
jonkull
I'm curious as well. He always has good stuff for sale.
DrOctave
+1

i think he lives in a studio next to a tap
Bricks
His gear cycle is ahead of mine (I bought his lemur and 888), so I'd love to know what stuff I'm gonna someday-want!
suboptimal
Guys, all he has is a garage full of unused sequencers stacked on top of each other. Really, it's not very interesting. hihi
SynthBaron
suboptimal wrote:
Guys, all he has is a garage full of unused sequencers stacked on top of each other.

All slightly broken from being almost sat on.
JohnLRice
+infinity
chinard
+666
haricots
nadafarms is another guy who seems to cycle through tons of cool stuff.
droolmaster0
Muff Wiggler wrote:
+1000

droolmaster0
You see lots of ads, but you need to calculate the outgoing vs the ingoing. I think that there are probably quite a few people here who have nicer/bigger setups than I do.

I suppose that my 'problem' is that I don't get attached to particular gear, I'm not into vintage pieces, etc - if I find I'm not using something, or I think that I'll get further with other gear, I'll sell and buy something else.

So, while I tend to spend every cent I make on this stuff, I also lose money by buying, selling at a loss, repeat ad nauseum.

What do I have now? I'm quite pleased with it, but I don't think that it will compare (again) with some other people's studios here.

Only one keyboard - an old ensoniq vfx something or other that isn't worth selling.

Several sequencers.

A Kyma. 2 Serge panels. And (partially the result of discoverng my company's illegal vacation policy and consequently getting a quite large payout + the start up case I got for the Milton) I'm almost done assembling a nice euro system, that will max out at close to 2 Lexington cases.

Some other odd items - moisturizer, infernal noise machine, trogotronic, etc - but those are the major things....a looperlative that came just when I started building the eurorack stuff, and has been neglected thus far.

Nice - but I don't think it's nearly as majestic as suggested here.

And some of the volume in sales/buys comes from repeated items - I'm on my 3rd Sherman, and I'll be on my second Signal Arts. There are things that I have love/hate relationships with, and when I haven't used something in awhile, am short of $, and want something else, it's too tempting sometimes to sell it.

I humbly beg your forgiveness.
droolmaster0
I also don't have as much as I might have, because I have a special deal with Shawn where I insist that he charge me 25% over list. I did this because it acts as a disincentive to buy even more stuff. I also single handedly raised the California sales tax.
jonkull
We can all probably relate. I can't count how many synths I've bought and sold over the last 5 years. I'm down to a pretty small but functional setup at this point. Two keyboards and 15U of euro. The Klee Todd's building me will be my 'final' piece...for a while.
jonkull
droolmaster0 wrote:
I also single handedly raised the California sales tax.

Believe it or not that fucking 9.75% sales tax has stopped me from making a lot more purchases than I have made.
I like your setup! smile

Ive always liked more compact and intimate studios with a few choice pieces vs 1 GIANT ASS STUDIO WITH 9 million of everything.

droolmaster0 wrote:
(partially the result of discoverng my company's illegal vacation policy and consequently getting a quite large payout + the start up case I got for the Milton)

ahahahahaha!!!
lolwut?

applause hmmm.....
decaying.sine
jonkull wrote:
droolmaster0 wrote:
I also single handedly raised the California sales tax.

Believe it or not that fucking 9.75% sales tax has stopped me from making a lot more purchases than I have made.

There be synth "tunnels" connecting Oregon/Nevada/Arizona to Cali for synth trafficking. That a bundle of cash for taxes on a wretch, voyager, or the likes. Glad I moved from so cal to connecticut.
droolmaster0
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
I like your setup! smile

Ive always liked more compact and intimate studios with a few choice pieces vs 1 GIANT ASS STUDIO WITH 9 million of everything.

droolmaster0 wrote:
(partially the result of discoverng my company's illegal vacation policy and consequently getting a quite large payout + the start up case I got for the Milton)

ahahahahaha!!!
lolwut?

applause hmmm.....

yeah - 'use it or lose it' policies are illegal in California. I was looking at my accrued hours, and noticed that every year they were deducting a shitload of hours. They tried to defend it as legal, but it isn't, and ultimately they had no choice but to pay people for the stolen hours.

They withheld about 40% for taxes, but the gross amount was somewhere north of $15,000 smile Technically, in California, it's considered part of your salary (so they can't take it away once it's given), but it felt like free money. Most of my eurorack has come from that, plus the trade for the Milton, which also kind of felt like a free system given that I had given up all hope of ever seeing the Milton again. And then I also sold a whole shitload of stuff....
synchro1
No SunSyn? I'm a little surprised that one didn't stick with you, I can't imagine selling mine. Although I still seem to focus everything around the Looperlative LP-1 - perhaps because I tend to play "live" in the studio more as meditation/therapy than composition these days. I haven't multi-tracked in ages.

The idea of Serge conbtinues to beckon from afar but unemployment and career suicide as a whistle-blower have combined to put a major dent in any new acquisitions. For about 13+ years I bought a lot of stuff and sold very little knowing that prolonged free time was in my future. Still haven't got my head quite around the INM just yet, though.
droolmaster0
synchro1 wrote:
No SunSyn? I'm a little surprised that one didn't stick with you, I can't imagine selling mine. Although I still seem to focus everything around the Looperlative LP-1 - perhaps because I tend to play "live" in the studio more as meditation/therapy than composition these days. I haven't multi-tracked in ages.

The idea of Serge conbtinues to beckon from afar but unemployment and career suicide as a whistle-blower have combined to put a major dent in any new acquisitions. For about 13+ years I bought a lot of stuff and sold very little knowing that prolonged free time was in my future. Still haven't got my head quite around the INM just yet, though.

Well, I sold the Sunsyn at some point when I realized that I basically used it like a modular, and so why not just add to the modular stuff. I regret it some of the time, but I KNOW that I'd sell it if I had it now, knowing the outrageous sums that they now get. That would get me a whole Serge panel, pretty much.

The INM is quite weird - sometimes it seems really responsive, and sometimes it doesn't seem to work well. I'm not convinced that it isn't tempermental or something.

Once this modular spree settles down a bit, I'm going to have to get my head around the Looperlative.
droolmaster0
By the way, synchro1, in a battle to the death between my avatar and yours, who do you think would win?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2