MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

RichyHo's Easel Notebook: A patch notation app for the Easel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author RichyHo's Easel Notebook: A patch notation app for the Easel
RichyHo

zombie Interact with all controls using your mouse
zombie Stores knob settings - grab and drag to turn
zombie Stores switch settings - grab and wiggle
zombie Stores slider settings - grab and s..l..i..d..e..
zombie Stores patch cables (multiple colours)
zombie Quantize values
zombie Set wiggle ranges
zombie Save, load and export to HTML
zombie Annotate with memos (multiple colours)
zombie Show / hide cables
zombie Show / hide memos
zombie Straight / curved cables
zombie Uses shorting bars where applicable (you can turn this off if you don't have any!)
zombie 'Click-to-set' slider and knob positions
zombie Mousewheel scroll for sliders and knobs
zombie Mouse-over the controls to see current settings and patch destinations
zombie Save screenshots
zombie Mac & PC

I really do hope that you like this. I've been working on it in secret for the last couple of months (well, not quite in secret eh Todd?). I can't believe nobody spotted the screenshot Todd posted over here a couple of days ago...

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94333&start=30 hihi

Anyway, I'm just working through the small print with BEMI before offering this for sale.

Questions? Comments? Observations? Criticism? Fire away! I'm putting a page up on Facebook for this so do me a favo(u)r and hit 'Like' over at..

https://www.facebook.com/EaselNotebook

Cheers guys

Rich

PS: Here's what the patch export looks like...
Slabwax
Wow Very cool . Thanks for taking the time to create this. Are you also going to port this to IOS?
Shasta Cults
interesting.. i just take a pic of mine with my camera phone wink

would have been a big improvement for the new easel to have digital patch storage but maybe thats the rev2 easel!
xart
Add "Both" text in the middle of the card Control section (between remote and local) its a 3 way toggle and the front panels will eventually be changed to reflect this. (but now its a hidden easter egg for the early adapters thumbs up

cool app btw.

thumbs up
sersch
Great!

Will this become the front end for the programmable iPad-WiFi-EaselCard?

If not, it would be great if patches stored with your app can be loaded into the app that programs the iPad-WiFi-EaselCard.
Shasta Cults
thats what i thought it was when i saw it too and was like ..wow!!

..then i realized that it was just a digital patch sheet..
andy
Awesome! It's motherfucking bacon yo
stega
Wow nice!
wyrtti
Very nice!

How much work would it be to make a 200e version of this? smile

eek!
Votek_Mendo
VEY VERY NICE!!!!!
i would say AWESOME! applause
cger
That is going to be really awesome!!
rayce
Would it be possible to output the current Easel settings as a diagram of what those would be on a programmable card?

It would be great to be able to take a patch one likes and quickly translate it into the resistor value and locations on a programmable card.

That would be a killer feature that would make your program a must have for me.

Looks great
stega
rayce wrote:
Would it be possible to output the current Easel settings as a diagram of what those would be on a programmable card?

It would be great to be able to take a patch one likes and quickly translate it into the resistor value and locations on a programmable card.

Looks great

Yes that would really be awesome!
pickleinn
rayce wrote:

Looks great

It does look nice and I agree with Rayce - output a diagram of the card once you found a patch you like would make this killer nanners I would buy it then
ws9848
That's pretty nifty. I never really write anything down. maybe this would be cool and that idea of what the values should be on the program card is a good one! I'd probably buy it just for that
sersch
stega wrote:
rayce wrote:

Looks great

Yes that would really be awesome!

+1
RichyHo
Thanks for all the feedback (and 'liking' it on Facebook). OK, let me address a few of the questions/points raised...

Slabwax wrote:
Wow Very cool . Thanks for taking the time to create this. Are you also going to port this to IOS?

Not at the moment, no. Just Mac and PC. Not saying it won't happen, but certainly not yet.

xart wrote:
Add "Both" text in the middle of the card Control section (between remote and local) its a 3 way toggle and the front panels will eventually be changed to reflect this. (but now its a hidden easter egg for the early adapters :tu:cool app btw. thumbs up

The black control switch on my app is a 3-way one with a central position. I didn't update the panel as I wanted it to be as close to the real thing as possible. I may change this before release.

sersch wrote:
Great! Will this become the front end for the programmable iPad-WiFi-EaselCard? If not, it would be great if patches stored with your app can be loaded into the app that programs the iPad-WiFi-EaselCard.

I'm not currently working with BEMI on this so no, it won't.

rick wrote:
thats what i thought it was when i saw it too and was like ..wow!!..then i realized that it was just a digital patch sheet..

OK, but it's not "just a digital patch sheet" (see below).

wyrtti wrote:
Very nice! How much work would it be to make a 200e version of this? smile eek!

Lots of work, but that is in fact my plan - to re-introduce the ideas demonstrated in 'Richyho's Rack Planner' on a Buchla-only format. Lots of work as each panel would need modelling separately. Something like this would probably be released on a per-module basis.

rayce wrote:
Would it be possible to output the current Easel settings as a diagram of what those would be on a programmable card? It would be great to be able to take a patch one likes and quickly translate it into the resistor value and locations on a programmable card. That would be a killer feature that would make your program a must have for me. Looks great

Yes! Todd came up with this brilliant idea during the last phase of development. It's currently a work-in-progress that I didn't plan on including in v1 (due to not having the full picture of how it works! - anyone got the latest PDF?). You can switch from patch view to card view at any time by pressing 'C' on the keyboard. Check it out...

wyrtti
Fantastic, RichyHo! Such coolness and wonderful plans.

And for me it was excellent to hear that you have been thinking about the 200e also! That will be alot of work, so thank you in advance!

It's motherfucking bacon yo It's peanut butter jelly time! It's motherfucking bacon yo It's peanut butter jelly time!
djangosfire
RichyHo wrote:

rayce wrote:
Would it be possible to output the current Easel settings as a diagram of what those would be on a programmable card? It would be great to be able to take a patch one likes and quickly translate it into the resistor value and locations on a programmable card. That would be a killer feature that would make your program a must have for me. Looks great

Yes! Todd came up with this brilliant idea during the last phase of development. It's currently a work-in-progress that I didn't plan on including in v1 (due to not having the full picture of how it works! - anyone got the latest PDF?). You can switch from patch view to card view at any time by pressing 'C' on the keyboard. Check it out...

This is F'ing AWESOME!!!! we're not worthy SlayerBadger! thumbs up
MechaSeb
RichyHo wrote:

That's really going to be amazing !!
gddfp
Absolutely fantastic work, RichyHo, as I already said on Farcebook.

Suddenly it dawned on me that this application could be even more useful -- I think -- if it would be possible to store a sound snippet with the patch notation... As I experienced from my own patch sheets, what comes out when a patch is recalled [through graphical means] isn't always the same as when it was noted down. Thus it would be handy to have an audio reference as well... No ?

Again, kudos for the superb work you've done here.
The new "card view" thing is beyond expectations. Just wow.

_g
fluxmonkey
RichyHo wrote:

rayce wrote:

this makes all the difference. wow.
RichyHo
richyho wrote:

wyrtti wrote:
Very nice! How much work would it be to make a 200e version of this? smile eek!

Lots of work, but that is in fact my plan - to re-introduce the ideas demonstrated in 'Richyho's Rack Planner' on a Buchla-only format. Lots of work as each panel would need modelling separately. Something like this would probably be released on a per-module basis

As a side note, when good quality, square-on, in focus photographs of the modules are available it's relatively quick to model them prior to adding controls the user can interact with. I found a good quality picture of a 251e and was able to make quick, accurate progress. Please note that this was just a feasibility test and I have no plans to introduce a 200e patching system until the Easel application is completely finished.

RichyHo
gddfp wrote:
...if it would be possible to store a sound snippet with the patch notation... As I experienced from my own patch sheets, what comes out when a patch is recalled [through graphical means] isn't always the same as when it was noted down. Thus it would be handy to have an audio reference as well... No ?

What a great idea gddfp. So perhaps you could select one of three track slots and hit record to capture audio (via whatever your computer's default audio-in is set to) that could then be stored alongside the other patch settings and replayed upon re-loading the patch?

This would make a very useful feature, sized to replace the (redundant) volume knob at the lower right of the panel....

gddfp
RichyHo wrote:
gddfp wrote:
...if it would be possible to store a sound snippet with the patch notation... As I experienced from my own patch sheets, what comes out when a patch is recalled [through graphical means] isn't always the same as when it was noted down. Thus it would be handy to have an audio reference as well... No ?

What a great idea gddfp. So perhaps you could select one of three track slots and hit record to capture audio (via whatever your computer's default audio-in is set to) that could then be stored alongside the other patch settings and replayed upon re-loading the patch?

Yes. Perfect !
Though perhaps a "Load" [sample] button might come in handy as well, in case one is not actually near his/her computer, and decides to add the audio file later... ?

RichyHo wrote:
This would make a very useful feature, sized to replace the (redundant) volume knob at the lower right of the panel....

That looks very good (as well).
Yep. Do it.

In another -- utterly silly -- suggestion: please make it available now, so all of the how-much-longer-do-I-have-to-wait-for-my-#$#%!-Easel future users can seek some comfort in looking at and using your application. hihi

_g
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4