MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BEMI offering huge discounts on Buchla 200e modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Author BEMI offering huge discounts on Buchla 200e modules
sempervirent
I searched but couldn't find a thread about this. I figured it would be on the first page at least. Maybe it's old news, but they never posted it to Facebook or anything and there aren't any dates given for when the sale starts or ends. The discounts are so substantial that one has to wonder if they're doing a permanent blowout of 200e modules, or redesigning them completely. These prices are almost too good to be true.

Kent
Ooops... there goes 5k!
Lyonel
MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Kent wrote:
Ooops... there goes 5k!

lol

296e : $2999 Dead Banana
solaris
wtf
ws9848
those are some pretty good prices
djs
maybe they need some quick funds to get easels out the door?
djangosfire
Dead Banana
abendrot
"We, BEMI are discontinuing the 200e and will halt the Easel production
to focus all our resources on making guitar pedals"

It's peanut butter jelly time!
batchas
227e for $1'099 zombie
And no money.... Dead Banana
batchas
Oops! I forgot it's BEMI now d'oh!
Lama
3 modules ordered! w00t
qu.one
solaris wrote:
wtf

wtf is right. i JUST BOUGHT a new 206e Dead Banana

AND THE HEADPHONE JACK WAS WIRED WRONG. I'm going to request it be taken back and fixed AND my price adjusted.
xart
Used buchla prices have just been corrected by the invisible BEMI hand of the market! hihi
microfauna
xart wrote:
Used buchla prices have just been corrected by the invisible BEMI hand of the market! hihi

Negative equity.
slipperysoles
If only I knew where BEMI is headed to. If their plan is to piss of their existing customer base, they are on a really good way.

Taking down payments on the Easel while postponing delivery dates from one week to the other...

And while we are at it: let us devaluate all existing 200e systems...
waveglider
This makes zero sense as a business strategy, I really wonder what BEMI is thinking. hmmm.....
richard
negative much? It is a sale not a price adjustment

so you should all be partying because it is not going to devalue anything
qu.one
richard wrote:
...so you should all be partying because it is not going to devalue anything

exactly. i'm just trying to get the sale price adjusted for the new module i literally just purchased.
DrOctave
qu.one wrote:
richard wrote:
...so you should all be partying because it is not going to devalue anything

exactly. i'm just trying to get the sale price adjusted for the new module i literally just purchased.

i just ordered from them 2-3 weeks ago. wish I would be givin a price adjustment being they still have 2500 in cash of mine... from my canceled easel order.
jjsynth
eek!
phutureboy
slipperysoles wrote:
If only I knew where BEMI is headed to. If their plan is to piss of their existing customer base, they are on a really good way.

Taking down payments on the Easel while postponing delivery dates from one week to the other...

And while we are at it: let us devaluate all existing 200e systems...

And while we're at it let's include the Easel in this sale with a nice discount and a promotional price of $2800 !!

jawdrop
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

richard wrote:
It is a sale not a price adjustment
so you should all be partying because it is not going to devalue anything
drewskee
A smarter (more reasonable) approach could have been a private sale to existing customers - or at least a notice to them first before the public. Notice that some modules are not included (292e) and it leaves things open to a lot of speculation...

- Are there going to be new (lower) prices?
- Are there going to be changes to the designs (more reliable) and thus the need to flush older stock?

It's discouraging to see unexplained things going on without any info or updates at all. Disconcerting at the very least.
Kaput
drewskee wrote:
It's discouraging to see unexplained things going on without any info or updates at all. Disconcerting at the very least.

Yes, it's a strange one.
tIB
Rubbish time to be skint, would have liked to have picked up a 223e.
sascha.victoria
A few thoughts:
Anyone who ordered in the last 30 days should request to return their modules and or ask for the same discount.

Anyone who has an order on file that hasn't been delivered should ask for the discount.

Lastly, assuming Buchla didn't have a ton of debt when they bought Buchla, 200e should cost less moving forward. The R+D costs were most of the reason that 200e modules cost what they did. This was mostly due to the programming. If those costs have been recouped by the early adopters and Buchla, then BEMI has no money invested in that other then buying the company. Therefore they should be able to offer the modules at a much lower price while also making them available in stores.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Page 1 of 24