MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

toppo & STG wavefolding mayhem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author toppo & STG wavefolding mayhem
Mr White
I noticed almost no demos of the toppobrillo triple wavefolder here on muff, and for the joy of who cant have enough of wavefolding demos here it is! w00t

patch is fairly complex, making it far more long to explain...:

sequence coming from Asol SQ8 switched every 8 step with a CV coming from Cw DLFO ring mod out. sounds are a triangle and an animated pulse from 2 AFGs. only them involved for sound generation.
pulse coming in/out by vca. then to toppobrillo TWF in1A, its CVs cared by MATHS (fall modulated by woggle), taking care also of gating a VCA on the QMMG for final amplification. a "clean" sine from the donut to lightly fm the pulse AFG, this providing also a triangle to in1B of the TWF, attenuator offset knob at 9oclock.
I used the squared output just to have a fat complex signal to be shaped well by my filters, STG post lawsuit here. frequency controlled by another clock sync tri LFO, twisted by the STG wavefolder. I love the way the STG LPF reacts to CVs and the WF is killer in tempo-twisting them!

Toppo's squared output can be really nasty, I'll post even a out3 demo, more sweet sounding!
in the demo I play manually STG LPF freq and reso and STG WF offset.
hope I gave the idea! This is fun!
thermionicjunky
I really like the last 20 seconds. Would you mind doing some boring demos of sawtooth waves being turned into sines? It is also supposed to be able to double the frequency of that sine. If it can do this and those metallic explosions, I'll have to get one.
Mr White
it can double the frequency but that resulting sine has a little more bite at HF because of a peak in the beginning of the waveform...
I'll give some more try and let you know..
suitandtieguy
thanks for posting this. I will check it out as soon as I get back to the studio.
thermionicjunky
Mr White (Mr Yellow) wrote:
it can double the frequency but that resulting sine has a little more bite at HF because of a peak in the beginning of the waveform...
I'll give some more try and let you know..

That's fine. I'm not that concerned with wave purity. I want to use my Metasonix oscillators as sawtooth cores. It would be great to be able to reduce the harmonic content and extend the range. Thanks.
toppobrillo
hey i don't know if you've had a chance to look at the manual already, but there is a small pictorial in there [on the right] which shows osc traces of a sawtooth being processed thru 1 stage.

kinda shitty resolution but:
Mr White
that's exactly what I see on my scope, specially the first row might show the sawtooth bended by the 2nd waveshaper I was looking at a couple of hours ago...

my compliments toppobrillo this is a very effective module, I'm glad to have it in my system!

a little question:

feeding IN1A & IN1B with two different signals can create an awesome mayhem of sounds and overtones rising the attenuator knob. but what is really happening? they're only two signal mixed together and sent to the WS network or there is also some offset added???
thermionicjunky
toppobrillo wrote:
hey i don't know if you've had a chance to look at the manual already, but there is a small pictorial in there [on the right] which shows osc traces of a sawtooth being processed thru 1 stage.

I have looked at the manual, and the fake vibrato demos prove it with audio, but I just wanted to hear it with less modulation. I'm already fairly certain that I'm going to get one, but I want to wait for a version with 4-pin .156 power connectors. If there isn't a Frac version, should the Euro version be fine on 15v? If there is a Frac version, it would be great to be able to buy the board alone without the panel, jacks or pots.
toppobrillo
Quote:
I want to wait for a version with 4-pin .156 power connectors. If there isn't a Frac version, should the Euro version be fine on 15v?

hi- cool- the PCB has provision for the .156 connnector, 15V operation will require just a few resistor changes..I have decided not to do the frac version after all after talking to shawn about it, but I will be making kits available in the next month or two (PCB only, PCB and parts, or populated and tested board) so if you can hold out for that, you can build it however you like. if not, buy the euro and i will modify it for free but you're on your own with the frac panel for now..

anyway i have been wanting to update the site with more stuff- i will get around to it and give a heads up here..

a little question:

Quote:
feeding IN1A & IN1B with two different signals can create an awesome mayhem of sounds and overtones rising the attenuator knob. but what is really happening? they're only two signal mixed together and sent to the WS network or there is also some offset added???

hi glad you like it! there is no added offset in this case just mix of 2 ins..
parasitk
toppobrillo wrote:
hi- cool- the PCB has provision for the .156 connnector, 15V operation will require just a few resistor changes..I have decided not to do the frac version after all after talking to shawn about it, but I will be making kits available in the next month or two (PCB only, PCB and parts, or populated and tested board) so if you can hold out for that, you can build it however you like. if not, buy the euro and i will modify it for free but you're on your own with the frac panel for now..

Can't say I'm surprised about Frac, but I'll still pick up a PCB/kit to roll my own. For us banana users, there's a bunch of normalizations in this one, right?
DGTom
No sense in making Frac... we won't buy em oops help MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Populated boards tho... SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo w00t It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
thermionicjunky
toppobrillo wrote:
Quote:
I want to wait for a version with 4-pin .156 power connectors. If there isn't a Frac version, should the Euro version be fine on 15v?

That's good enough news for me. My intention is to do it in MOTM. I would consider any of the kit options. It just depends on which I can afford. Thanks!
toppobrillo
Quote:
For us banana users, there's a bunch of normalizations in this one, right?

yeah, i took advantage of this-- there are a few ways you could do it with a couple of switches though you would lose just abit of functionality, maybe one switch to gang all CVs together and another to link the 3 shapers [or 2 to select 1-2, 2-3]

cool well i will start thinking about pricing and such. the main board is about 2/3 of the labor so a populated/ tested PCB will run about $125 i think. the kit will likely run about half that and the PCBs around 15-20?$ not really sure yet.
parasitk
thermionicjunky wrote:
Would you mind doing some boring demos of sawtooth waves being turned into sines? It is also supposed to be able to double the frequency of that sine.

Someone? Anyone? help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1