MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MINDREADER PCB/POTS- limited run. pitch to cv
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author MINDREADER PCB/POTS- limited run. pitch to cv
E.A.S.
Hey Guys!

I've been having quite a few requests for a new run of these PCBs and pot kits. So, I'm doing preorders for a new, limited run of these boards.

I have a enough pots for a run of about 50 kits. That will also leave enough extra pots in my stash for the future.

in the new run, all of the bug fixes will be implemented.
Shipping last run was a bit more than i thought is be, so its been slightly adjusted.

Below is the description, payment and ordering information, pulled from the first run.

Original Thread.

DIY Euro panel

Thanks again!!

-Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Ive been working on this one for a little while and I think its about time to do it!

Next in the 'Miss 10' Series is the "mind reader" external signal processor. For those of you that don't know, this is a pitch to voltage converter with built in preamp, band pass filters (w/ individual hi-pass and lo-pass freq. controls) envelope follower w/ trigger outs. Really fun for processing all kinds of inputs, not just the VCOs and guitar type inputs. In particular, running a drum machine like a 606 into the input and out into a vco is really fun!

specifications.

1. Control section
Input signal level
Low cut frequency
High cut frequency
CV adjust
Threshold level
2. Input & output
Signal in
Amplifier out / 0V ~ +8V
Band pass filtered out
CV out (F/V) / 0 ~ +8.4V
ENV out / 0 ~ +5V
Trig out /
3. Indicator (LED)
Peak indicator
Trigger indicator

Here is a link to the korg ESP manual.

There is a special pot that is needed for this, a quad 100k (c taper).
Ive talked to several pot manufactures about making these parts and they've quoted me about $7 each (at 100 pieces)
You'll need two of them per board.

P.C.B. + 2x Pot combo

ESP PCB + 2 quad pots---$50 +$5 US shipping ($8 international shipping.)

If you've ordered the pcb +pot combo and you want to order extra pots it's $7 for each additional pot.

I'm going to be placing the order for the pots and pcbs in about a month. (mid-late May)

Paypal Payments to Michael (dot) alan (dot) schmidt (at) gmail

Remember to add your Muff-name to the payment, to help keep things straight!

Thanks!

-Mike
raisinbag
so do we just put interest here? I'd love another kit.

Edit: paid the piper for a kit. Gave a bit more than last one for shipping, let me know if you need more.
E.A.S.
You can certainly express interest here in the thread!
Keep in mind though, since this is a limited, more than likely last run, it's a first come first serve sort of deal when it comes to payment.

Thanks!

-M
joshuagoran
yessssss. As one of the people who perhaps annoyingly posted in any existing thread about this project, I'll post in this one, too smile

2 for me, please!
lessavyfav
I'm in for 1! How to proceed - shall I paypal you now? Sorry- I like to be a first come if I can :-)
E.A.S.
lessavyfav wrote:
I'm in for 1! How to proceed - shall I paypal you now? Sorry- I like to be a first come if I can :-)

You can certainly PayPal now. The pots are in stock but the pcbs still need finalizing and ordering, but that should be a rather quick process.

Thanks!

-Mike
wavehead
In for 1 hopefully I can afford one before they're gone.
jasonh23
I'm in for one. Sending payment.
dmitri
money sent , THANK YOU !
vurma
Is the shipping cost doubled for orders of two kits?
Isaiah
E.A.S.
I have a PCB from the original run, just wondered if you tell me about the bugs please.
Also, does the pre-amp colour the signal much?
vurma
Im also very interested in knowing how the preamp affects the signal.
woodster
I'll be placing an order imminently.
Love the External signal Processor.
Play pretty much any cd with a rhythm through it, and you have instant Warp Records.
lessavyfav
Payment sent!
E.A.S.
Isaiah wrote:
E.A.S.
I have a PCB from the original run, just wondered if you tell me about the bugs please.
Also, does the pre-amp colour the signal much?

The 'bugs' Im talking about is the pcb trace fix and transistor silkscreen error outlined in the first run Build Thread.

The preamp overall, in a HIFI sense, is pretty well colored.
with the Gain knob cranked it can get a really awesome sounding distortion.

It can be really clean, but depending on input level, it can get overdriven rather quickly.

-M
dnode
payment sent for 2 x PCB + pots
(assuming shipping cost is 1x)
joshuagoran
dnode wrote:
payment sent for 2 x PCB + pots
(assuming shipping cost is 1x)

I did the same, let me know if you need more to cover shipping! Guinness ftw!
negativspace
E.A.S. wrote:
The 'bugs' Im talking about is the pcb trace fix and transistor silkscreen error outlined in the first run Build Thread.

FWIW those of you who have the older boards... these fixes are simple and if you follow the instructions in that thread you'll get a perfect module on first power-up. (I speak from experience.)

Quote:
The preamp overall, in a HIFI sense, is pretty well colored.
with the Gain knob cranked it can get a really awesome sounding distortion.

And I wouldn't want it any other way. It sounds incredible! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
windspirit
Money sent! I've been eying this one for awhile!
It's peanut butter jelly time!
jaidee
One board and pots combo ordered/paid for.
vurma
The wait is over. Lets get ready to read some frakking minds.

One pcv+pot kit order in transit.
xpmtl
payment sent for 1 x PCB + pots

It's motherfucking bacon yo
aladan
Payment sent, thank you very much Michael!
monstrinho
Payment sent. This is one of those things I can't live without!
woodster
Payment sent for 1x ESP PCB + 2 quad pots.
To me the ESP is one of the best aspects of the MS-20.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7