MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MINDREADER PCB/POTS- limited run. pitch to cv
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author MINDREADER PCB/POTS- limited run. pitch to cv
Masarin
Bumping for news...?
joshuagoran
I don't mean to be the rude guy in the room (honest!) but I am not super happy to have wrapped up in a project with no updates on an ETA.

I hope everyone and everything is okay!
Dogue
Has anyone heard anything via PM or email? I wrote a few weeks ago and didn't hear back.
woodster
In the immortal words of BadBrains "The youth are getting restless" hihi

I've never had a single reply from Mike @ EAS, whether it be to confirm an order, or reply to a question.
I'm waiting on 3 of his PCB's which were paid for via Paypal on the 24th October 2013.
I understand people have jobs and family commitments etc so I'm not getting too worked up by it just yet.
I also don't think negativespace would do collaborative panel runs if he had doubts or concerns.
The silence is a little strange though, we need a tumble weed smiley.
dmitri
woodster wrote:
In the immortal words of BadBrains "The youth are getting restless" hihi

I'm waiting on 3 of his PCB's which were paid for via Paypal on the 24th October 2013.

DAMN!!
elmegil
I've seen Mike go quiet before, but I have never been stiffed. I agree it can be frustrating not to get any response though.
keninverse
Mike's a stand up guy. He does go offline sometimes but I've always received paid goods from him. At the moment I have PLENTY of other projects that require attention. The beauty of this situation is being surprised when it shows up and being even more excited about starting the build. I just hope the guy's doing all right.
woodster
It's good to hear that others have had positive experiences with Mike and EAS.
I'd love to be one of these people, and if it was the case, I'd honestly also be here singing his praises.
Sadly though, I've not been given the opportunity to experience the same situation, as the only dealings I've had so far have involved a near five month wait, with absolutely zero communication from the vendor.
This is not really very appealing to me in all honesty.
A lesson leaned I suppose, as it all just goes towards me thinking twice before getting involved with any future projects where people expect payment upfront for items.
This is a real shame, as I'm not a pessimist by nature and am very keen on DIY projects, and also happy to support small ventures by buying into them.
I have fingers crossed that we will get some closure soon.
xpmtl
yeah the wait is getting long for a pcb and 4 pots...
diablojoy
hmm i paid also back in october but no panic yet, chinese new year may very well have gotten in the way of any board production, going by posts mike was keeping this open as long as possible so he may have missed the boat.
An update would be appreciated though.
lessavyfav
I got word that he's been very busy with repair work at Control but that the stuff should start shipping in 2 weeks... Fingers crossed.
E.A.S.
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay!

Things have indeed been a bit crazy lately! I'll spare the details but it hasn't been fun. i.e. HD crashed on my main computer (lost a lot of stuff)

good news,

Ive also relaid out the pcb to easily connect to negativspace's pot pcb.

other updates include:

added some modifications to allow gate to output both s-gate and v-gate.

added extra labeling on pcb to ease in wiring.

added extra decoupling caps.

added onboard resistors for pitch "offset" control.

fixed transistor silkscreen.

fixed LM339 traces. (no jumpers needed)

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

I'll be adding to this thread, B.O.M., Schematic and parts placement image for the new design, shortly.

PCB/POTS will be shipping in less than two weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

Thanks everyone!

-Mike

Also, I seem not to be getting email updates like normal from Muffs. Feel free to contact me at michael dot alan dot schmidt (at) gma!l .com
causticlogic
Cool to hear. Honestly the only thing keeping me from ordering the LFO and EG PCBs as well has been the lack of communication.
Dogue
Thanks for the update. Sorry about your woes. Looking forward to this!
E.A.S.
top layer w/ silk:

esp_image by itsfatmike, on Flickr

main schematic:

esp1.5_main__for_web by itsfatmike, on Flickr

log amp:

esp1.5_log_for_web by itsfatmike, on Flickr

parts placement:

esp_pp by itsfatmike, on Flickr

BOM:

soon.
woodster
SlayerBadger!
flocked
The module seems to be awesome. Can I use it with line level input (how much gain does it have)? And is the enveloper follower good? I was actually on the search for an envelope follower and found this. smile
How deep is it? I only have a skiff with 65mm room.
E.A.S.
Look what (finally) walked in the door yesterday! This is fun!

Mindreader v 1.5 PCB by itsfatmike, on Flickr

Now on to packaging and shipping!
Kytopia
so let me get this straight,

If I would use a microphone on an acoustic instrument (like a trumpet) and feed the signal to this module, the module would transform the tonal information into pitch-correct cv to feed to an oscillator? please please please tell me this is the case eek! eek! eek!

EDIT
More importantly, is the kit still available? for if this thing does what I think it does then I will do horrible things to myself if I don't get to do the things with this thing I think I'll do when I have it.
idealer
Awsome!!
E.A.S.
Kytopia wrote:
so let me get this straight,

If I would use a microphone on an acoustic instrument (like a trumpet) and feed the signal to this module, the module would transform the tonal information into pitch-correct cv to feed to an oscillator? please please please tell me this is the case eek! eek! eek!

EDIT
More importantly, is the kit still available? for if this thing does what I think it does then I will do horrible things to myself if I don't get to do the things with this thing I think I'll do when I have it.

it does exactly that.

i just made this (crappy) video that sort of shows the pitch to cv.

E.A.S.
and yes, I still have some pot/pcb kits left. thumbs up
Kytopia
Dear sweet baby jesus we're not worthy

Ive been looking for something that can do this for a long, long time... damn I can't wait to get my hands on this! ordering 2 as soon as I have a stable connection. arg I cant wait!
lessavyfav
Nice! EAS- mind showing the back/wiring of your build?

a link to the build thread would be good in the original post, maybe EAS can update. For anyone reading here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76398&highlight=mind reader+build

Is the board the same as in that thread or have revisions been made?

Finally, I am 95% done with an updated mouser BOM with all the parts for 1 board (Modifying the existing one to add ICs, "common" resistors, and hardware.) I plan to share my cart for others.

The last thing to add is hardware- 6 jacks, 2 LEDs, 2 LED holders, and the remaining 3 pots- for those I will prolly use lil alphas, sound good?
nathanxl
I need more than one of these.
PM sent.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 4 of 7