MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MINDREADER PCB/POTS- limited run. pitch to cv
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author MINDREADER PCB/POTS- limited run. pitch to cv
E.A.S.
Hey Guys!

I've been having quite a few requests for a new run of these PCBs and pot kits. So, I'm doing preorders for a new, limited run of these boards.

I have a enough pots for a run of about 50 kits. That will also leave enough extra pots in my stash for the future.

in the new run, all of the bug fixes will be implemented.
Shipping last run was a bit more than i thought is be, so its been slightly adjusted.

Below is the description, payment and ordering information, pulled from the first run.

Original Thread.

DIY Euro panel

Thanks again!!

-Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Ive been working on this one for a little while and I think its about time to do it!

Next in the 'Miss 10' Series is the "mind reader" external signal processor. For those of you that don't know, this is a pitch to voltage converter with built in preamp, band pass filters (w/ individual hi-pass and lo-pass freq. controls) envelope follower w/ trigger outs. Really fun for processing all kinds of inputs, not just the VCOs and guitar type inputs. In particular, running a drum machine like a 606 into the input and out into a vco is really fun!

specifications.

1. Control section
Input signal level
Low cut frequency
High cut frequency
CV adjust
Threshold level
2. Input & output
Signal in
Amplifier out / 0V ~ +8V
Band pass filtered out
CV out (F/V) / 0 ~ +8.4V
ENV out / 0 ~ +5V
Trig out /
3. Indicator (LED)
Peak indicator
Trigger indicator

Here is a link to the korg ESP manual.

There is a special pot that is needed for this, a quad 100k (c taper).
Ive talked to several pot manufactures about making these parts and they've quoted me about $7 each (at 100 pieces)
You'll need two of them per board.

P.C.B. + 2x Pot combo

ESP PCB + 2 quad pots---$50 +$5 US shipping ($8 international shipping.)

If you've ordered the pcb +pot combo and you want to order extra pots it's $7 for each additional pot.

I'm going to be placing the order for the pots and pcbs in about a month. (mid-late May)

Paypal Payments to Michael (dot) alan (dot) schmidt (at) gmail

Remember to add your Muff-name to the payment, to help keep things straight!

Thanks!

-Mike
raisinbag
so do we just put interest here? I'd love another kit.

Edit: paid the piper for a kit. Gave a bit more than last one for shipping, let me know if you need more.
E.A.S.
You can certainly express interest here in the thread!
Keep in mind though, since this is a limited, more than likely last run, it's a first come first serve sort of deal when it comes to payment.

Thanks!

-M
joshuagoran
yessssss. As one of the people who perhaps annoyingly posted in any existing thread about this project, I'll post in this one, too smile

2 for me, please!
lessavyfav
I'm in for 1! How to proceed - shall I paypal you now? Sorry- I like to be a first come if I can :-)
E.A.S.
lessavyfav wrote:
I'm in for 1! How to proceed - shall I paypal you now? Sorry- I like to be a first come if I can :-)

You can certainly PayPal now. The pots are in stock but the pcbs still need finalizing and ordering, but that should be a rather quick process.

Thanks!

-Mike
wavehead
In for 1 hopefully I can afford one before they're gone.
jasonh23
I'm in for one. Sending payment.
dmitri
money sent , THANK YOU !
vurma
Is the shipping cost doubled for orders of two kits?
Isaiah
E.A.S.
I have a PCB from the original run, just wondered if you tell me about the bugs please.
Also, does the pre-amp colour the signal much?
vurma
Im also very interested in knowing how the preamp affects the signal.
woodster
I'll be placing an order imminently.
Love the External signal Processor.
Play pretty much any cd with a rhythm through it, and you have instant Warp Records.
lessavyfav
Payment sent!
E.A.S.
Isaiah wrote:
E.A.S.
I have a PCB from the original run, just wondered if you tell me about the bugs please.
Also, does the pre-amp colour the signal much?

The 'bugs' Im talking about is the pcb trace fix and transistor silkscreen error outlined in the first run Build Thread.

The preamp overall, in a HIFI sense, is pretty well colored.
with the Gain knob cranked it can get a really awesome sounding distortion.

It can be really clean, but depending on input level, it can get overdriven rather quickly.

-M
dnode
payment sent for 2 x PCB + pots
(assuming shipping cost is 1x)
joshuagoran
dnode wrote:
payment sent for 2 x PCB + pots
(assuming shipping cost is 1x)

I did the same, let me know if you need more to cover shipping! Guinness ftw!
negativspace
E.A.S. wrote:
The 'bugs' Im talking about is the pcb trace fix and transistor silkscreen error outlined in the first run Build Thread.

FWIW those of you who have the older boards... these fixes are simple and if you follow the instructions in that thread you'll get a perfect module on first power-up. (I speak from experience.)

Quote:
The preamp overall, in a HIFI sense, is pretty well colored.
with the Gain knob cranked it can get a really awesome sounding distortion.

And I wouldn't want it any other way. It sounds incredible! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
windspirit
Money sent! I've been eying this one for awhile!
It's peanut butter jelly time!
jaidee
One board and pots combo ordered/paid for.
vurma
The wait is over. Lets get ready to read some frakking minds.

One pcv+pot kit order in transit.
xpmtl
payment sent for 1 x PCB + pots

It's motherfucking bacon yo
aladan
Payment sent, thank you very much Michael!
monstrinho
Payment sent. This is one of those things I can't live without!
woodster
Payment sent for 1x ESP PCB + 2 quad pots.
To me the ESP is one of the best aspects of the MS-20.
keninverse
I'm interested in a PCB and pot. Can payment wait?
heapish
n/m
heapish
Is there a link to the BOM?
Monobass
Payment sent for two sets
heapish
Money sent.
Dogue
Payment sent.
KNYST
Payment sent 8_)
diablojoy
ummed and arred long enough
payment sent for 1 pcb and pots plus 2 spare pots thanks.
bloke_zero
Payment sent - thanks!
causticlogic
Payment sent for
2x EAS Mindreader PCB/pots sets
2x extra pots for the Mindreader
2x EAS VCO PCBs

Let the DIY adventure begin! Guinness ftw!
lessavyfav
How we doing?
jaidee
An update would be appreciated!
E.A.S.
Hey guys!

quick update:

I'm going to leave the preorder open for about a week longer.
After that i'll place the order with the PCB house.
As soon as they get in I'll start shipping them along with the ots out to you guys.

Speaking of pots, I did a quick count of the quad pots I have in stock and I have a little more than I originally estimated, so, If you'd like to order a set there a still some pot/pcb combos available!

This is fun!

Thanks everyone!

-M
bananeurysm
The euro panel has a v/o jack.. is this actually a volt per octave output?
E.A.S.
bananeurysm wrote:
The euro panel has a v/o jack.. is this actually a volt per octave output?

On the PCB Ive included a log amp (from the ms-02) on the output of the ESP.

thumbs up

http://www.cykong.com/Synths/Korg%20MS-02/Images/Korg-MS-02-Schematics -Coloured.gif
negativspace
And it works quite well... I've got 4 solid octaves out of mine. Possibly more, but that's all I tested. hihi

I did have to back the trimpot all the way to the end to get there, though.
onlyHzwhenI...
...You had me at " v/o"!

Payment for 1 PCB w pots set + 2 extra pots.

Thank you.
-JT
lessavyfav
2 questions:

Does anyone have a demo? Negative space?

Should I be getting extra pots? I've got at paranoid feeling that in 2030 I'll be like- shit gotta replace that pot! Seriously though- anyone know typical lifespan for a part like this?
E.A.S.
lessavyfav wrote:
2 questions:

Does anyone have a demo? Negative space?

Should I be getting extra pots? I've got at paranoid feeling that in 2030 I'll be like- shit gotta replace that pot! Seriously though- anyone know typical lifespan for a part like this?

I don't have a demo (although it might make sense to make one.)

Jason, make a demo! Rockin' Banana!

the physical quality of the pots is pretty solid. The filter pots on the module are certainly tweakable, but most of the time, if using the pitch follower section, you're going to set these filters to knock off harmonics so the tachometer circuit works more efficiently. So, in other words, they wont getting as much action as say, the cutoff knob on a 303. That said, I more than likely wont be ordering anymore of these pots, so if your thinking you might want spares for the future, you might/should get a couple extra for assurance.

-Mike
synchromesh
Hi Mike,

I've PM'ed you for a price on two sets plus a PCB. Hopefully you still have some available… This is fun!
E.A.S.
synchromesh wrote:
Hi Mike,

I've PM'ed you for a price on two sets plus a PCB. Hopefully you still have some available… This is fun!

PM'ed
Isaiah
E.A.S.
Hi Mike,
I sent you a PM and an email about a full set of Miss10 PCBs, just wondered if you'd seen them...

EDIT - I literally just received your reply! Thanks! hihi
E.A.S.
So, I've done inventory on the quad pots I have in stock, and the number of orders I have so far and it seems I have enough for about 50 more sets, plus a few extra in case some get lost by the post, damaged.. etc.

Ive done most all of the PCB fixes/ updates, just a few more optimizations, then I'll order!

-Mike
synchromesh
E.A.S. wrote:
synchromesh wrote:
Hi Mike,

PM'ed

Paid! thumbs up
heapish
Think I've paid for this but im not sure confused

edit: I haver
onthelees
PM'd for one...
diablojoy
bump
its been a while , any news on this ?
Paradigm X
are there any pcb andpot combos still available pls?

This is fun! This is fun! This is fun! This is fun!
diablojoy
re bump
hmm this has gone quiet it seems
hope everything is all right Mike ?
BBlack
Kind of on the same boat. Sent a payment a few weeks ago, never got a confirmation email or anything like that.

Not concerned, just wondering!
diablojoy
hmmm mike seems to be MIA at the moment
tried sending him a pm but there has been no response,
his last post was on the 20th november
anyone know another way to contact him ?
batchas
I read in the panel thread there'd be no re-order, so I'm not sure: if actual interested in 1 kit.
causticlogic
[quote="diablojoy"]hmmm mike seems to be MIA at the moment
tried sending him a pm but there has been no response,
his last post was on the 20th november
anyone know another way to contact him ?[/quote]

Well, he just visited the forum yesterday. It's just hasn't posted anything. i'm sure there's no I'll intent though I agree an update would be nice.
E.A.S.
Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to give an update.

First off, Sorry for the delay!
Over the last few weeks Ive been insanely busy with both my day and night jobs, some big new projects, as well as a couple of minor set backs.

That said, I haven't had the chance to put the PCB order in yet.
I will place the order on December 28th and should start shipping early/mid Jan.

The pots are in-stock, packaged and ready to go. Just waiting on the boards now.

Thanks everyone and happy holidays!

-Mike
xpmtl
Thanks for the update
causticlogic
Thanks for the update Mike.
diablojoy
thanks
just happy to hear you are ok.
idealer
Hi!

Is there still possible to order this?
In that case 1 pcb+pot combo please
E.A.S.
idealer wrote:
Hi!

Is there still possible to order this?
In that case 1 pcb+pot combo please

Sure. Feel free to order as per the instructions on the first post of this thread.

In fact, if anyone else wants to get in on this at the last min. feel free to do so.

Thanks!

-Mike
woodster
Just noticed that I have a USPS shipping notification.
Hoping it's for all the EAS PCB's n pots I ordered.
w00t
woodster
Haha, wrong Mike.
Shipping info was for something totally different.
dmitri
It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Rockin' Banana! It's motherfucking bacon yo
apophis93
Put my order in, can't wait! SlayerBadger!

- Daniel
lessavyfav
Got my panel now mouth watering for PCB! Drunken Homer Simpson
Maco
1 PCB+Pot combo pleaseee
dropmotif
pcb/pot set for me, please.
xpmtl
Any news?

Are you shipping soon?
woodster
Was wondering about this project as I've just received a Mindreader and HADSR Panels from Negativespace this morning.
Need to find an LFO/S&H/Noise Panel, and am also wondering if the Miss10 VCO and VCF PCB's are still available ?
lessavyfav
I bet it is coming any moment!

I hope someone wants to share their mouser cart with me so I can save a little time getting m'bits in order love
KNYST
lessavyfav wrote:
Got my panel now mouth watering for PCB! Drunken Homer Simpson

This.

Any news on a new shipping date? w00t
Masarin
Bumping for news...?
joshuagoran
I don't mean to be the rude guy in the room (honest!) but I am not super happy to have wrapped up in a project with no updates on an ETA.

I hope everyone and everything is okay!
Dogue
Has anyone heard anything via PM or email? I wrote a few weeks ago and didn't hear back.
woodster
In the immortal words of BadBrains "The youth are getting restless" hihi

I've never had a single reply from Mike @ EAS, whether it be to confirm an order, or reply to a question.
I'm waiting on 3 of his PCB's which were paid for via Paypal on the 24th October 2013.
I understand people have jobs and family commitments etc so I'm not getting too worked up by it just yet.
I also don't think negativespace would do collaborative panel runs if he had doubts or concerns.
The silence is a little strange though, we need a tumble weed smiley.
dmitri
woodster wrote:
In the immortal words of BadBrains "The youth are getting restless" hihi

I'm waiting on 3 of his PCB's which were paid for via Paypal on the 24th October 2013.

DAMN!!
elmegil
I've seen Mike go quiet before, but I have never been stiffed. I agree it can be frustrating not to get any response though.
keninverse
Mike's a stand up guy. He does go offline sometimes but I've always received paid goods from him. At the moment I have PLENTY of other projects that require attention. The beauty of this situation is being surprised when it shows up and being even more excited about starting the build. I just hope the guy's doing all right.
woodster
It's good to hear that others have had positive experiences with Mike and EAS.
I'd love to be one of these people, and if it was the case, I'd honestly also be here singing his praises.
Sadly though, I've not been given the opportunity to experience the same situation, as the only dealings I've had so far have involved a near five month wait, with absolutely zero communication from the vendor.
This is not really very appealing to me in all honesty.
A lesson leaned I suppose, as it all just goes towards me thinking twice before getting involved with any future projects where people expect payment upfront for items.
This is a real shame, as I'm not a pessimist by nature and am very keen on DIY projects, and also happy to support small ventures by buying into them.
I have fingers crossed that we will get some closure soon.
xpmtl
yeah the wait is getting long for a pcb and 4 pots...
diablojoy
hmm i paid also back in october but no panic yet, chinese new year may very well have gotten in the way of any board production, going by posts mike was keeping this open as long as possible so he may have missed the boat.
An update would be appreciated though.
lessavyfav
I got word that he's been very busy with repair work at Control but that the stuff should start shipping in 2 weeks... Fingers crossed.
E.A.S.
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay!

Things have indeed been a bit crazy lately! I'll spare the details but it hasn't been fun. i.e. HD crashed on my main computer (lost a lot of stuff)

good news,

Ive also relaid out the pcb to easily connect to negativspace's pot pcb.

other updates include:

added some modifications to allow gate to output both s-gate and v-gate.

added extra labeling on pcb to ease in wiring.

added extra decoupling caps.

added onboard resistors for pitch "offset" control.

fixed transistor silkscreen.

fixed LM339 traces. (no jumpers needed)

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

I'll be adding to this thread, B.O.M., Schematic and parts placement image for the new design, shortly.

PCB/POTS will be shipping in less than two weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

Thanks everyone!

-Mike

Also, I seem not to be getting email updates like normal from Muffs. Feel free to contact me at michael dot alan dot schmidt (at) gma!l .com
causticlogic
Cool to hear. Honestly the only thing keeping me from ordering the LFO and EG PCBs as well has been the lack of communication.
Dogue
Thanks for the update. Sorry about your woes. Looking forward to this!
E.A.S.
top layer w/ silk:

esp_image by itsfatmike, on Flickr

main schematic:

esp1.5_main__for_web by itsfatmike, on Flickr

log amp:

esp1.5_log_for_web by itsfatmike, on Flickr

parts placement:

esp_pp by itsfatmike, on Flickr

BOM:

soon.
woodster
SlayerBadger!
flocked
The module seems to be awesome. Can I use it with line level input (how much gain does it have)? And is the enveloper follower good? I was actually on the search for an envelope follower and found this. smile
How deep is it? I only have a skiff with 65mm room.
E.A.S.
Look what (finally) walked in the door yesterday! This is fun!

Mindreader v 1.5 PCB by itsfatmike, on Flickr

Now on to packaging and shipping!
Kytopia
so let me get this straight,

If I would use a microphone on an acoustic instrument (like a trumpet) and feed the signal to this module, the module would transform the tonal information into pitch-correct cv to feed to an oscillator? please please please tell me this is the case eek! eek! eek!

EDIT
More importantly, is the kit still available? for if this thing does what I think it does then I will do horrible things to myself if I don't get to do the things with this thing I think I'll do when I have it.
idealer
Awsome!!
E.A.S.
Kytopia wrote:
so let me get this straight,

If I would use a microphone on an acoustic instrument (like a trumpet) and feed the signal to this module, the module would transform the tonal information into pitch-correct cv to feed to an oscillator? please please please tell me this is the case eek! eek! eek!

EDIT
More importantly, is the kit still available? for if this thing does what I think it does then I will do horrible things to myself if I don't get to do the things with this thing I think I'll do when I have it.

it does exactly that.

i just made this (crappy) video that sort of shows the pitch to cv.

E.A.S.
and yes, I still have some pot/pcb kits left. thumbs up
Kytopia
Dear sweet baby jesus we're not worthy

Ive been looking for something that can do this for a long, long time... damn I can't wait to get my hands on this! ordering 2 as soon as I have a stable connection. arg I cant wait!
lessavyfav
Nice! EAS- mind showing the back/wiring of your build?

a link to the build thread would be good in the original post, maybe EAS can update. For anyone reading here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76398&highlight=mind reader+build

Is the board the same as in that thread or have revisions been made?

Finally, I am 95% done with an updated mouser BOM with all the parts for 1 board (Modifying the existing one to add ICs, "common" resistors, and hardware.) I plan to share my cart for others.

The last thing to add is hardware- 6 jacks, 2 LEDs, 2 LED holders, and the remaining 3 pots- for those I will prolly use lil alphas, sound good?
nathanxl
I need more than one of these.
PM sent.
negativspace
Here's a shot I took of mine while I had it apart for power supply installation... it's the older version of the PCB so maybe not helpful, but I guess anyone with one of the older boards might find it useful so here it is anyway.

E.A.S.
lessavyfav wrote:
a link to the build thread would be good in the original post, maybe EAS can update. For anyone reading here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76398&highlight=mind reader+build

For some reason, I cant update old posts. I tried yesterday to update the first post with the pcb picture and to change the thread title from 'ordered' to 'in stock' I guess some forums stuff has changed.

Quote:

Finally, I am 95% done with an updated mouser BOM with all the parts for 1 board (Modifying the existing one to add ICs, "common" resistors, and hardware.) I plan to share my cart for others.
thumbs up

Quote:
The last thing to add is hardware- 6 jacks, 2 LEDs, 2 LED holders, and the remaining 3 pots- for those I will prolly use lil alphas, sound good?

The new board does have some minor changes to the BOM so I'm thinking of making a build thread for this version. I'll work on getting the BOM posted asap.

-M
ablearcher
I got all excited about this project when I saw it, as I have had oodles of fun with ms-20s and the pitch to cv, but then I remembered that they were scaled exponentially.

My system is the standard 1v/oct, can this be modified to scale correctly or would I need to buy/build another module to do that?
E.A.S.
ablearcher wrote:
I got all excited about this project when I saw it, as I have had oodles of fun with ms-20s and the pitch to cv, but then I remembered that they were scaled exponentially.

My system is the standard 1v/oct, can this be modified to scale correctly or would I need to buy/build another module to do that?

This project IS 1v/oct! It's peanut butter jelly time!

-M
lessavyfav
E.A.S. wrote:
lessavyfav wrote:

For some reason, I cant update old posts. I tried yesterday to update the first post with the pcb picture and to change the thread title from 'ordered' to 'in stock' I guess some forums stuff has changed.

Quote:

thumbs up

Quote:

The new board does have some minor changes to the BOM so I'm thinking of making a build thread for this version. I'll work on getting the BOM posted asap.

-M

Great! I'll cool m'jets till you've got it going. a dedicated build thread would be natural.
ablearcher
E.A.S. wrote:
ablearcher wrote:

This project IS 1v/oct! It's peanut butter jelly time!

-M

rad! I'll paypal you when I get home It's motherfucking bacon yo
negativspace
FYI, since I've had a few PMs on the subject recently - I do have 15-20 spare Euro panels available for anyone who still wants one.
nathanxl
PM and funds sent through.

Looking forward to this. It's motherfucking bacon yo
ablearcher
just sent payment for pots and pcb, add me to the list please!
heapish
N/m getting confused
lessavyfav
EAS- any chance of an update BOM or build thread appearing? Not a huge rush but I'm eager to build before my TTSH PCBs arrive 8_)
lessavyfav
BOM bump
monstrinho
A little bird told me...my pcb & pots arrived today!!

SlayerBadger!
monstrinho
@lessavyfav

The BOM is in the build thread:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76398&highlight=mind reader
E.A.S.
Update:

All paid orders have shipped. most domestic orders should be arriving as soon as today.

Being a new revision with changes there is a NEW, slightly different BOM.
It was mostly compiled by lessavyfav, with a little help from myself and it will be posted shortly.

Thanks!

-Mike
makers
Mine made the trip down South from Brooklyn to safely arrive in my mailbox tonight! Rockin' Banana!
heapish
Got mine. Cheers. smile
woodster
SlayerBadger!
Mindreader PCB and 2x crazy pots are in the house.
Was also expecting the HADSR and LFO/S&H/Noise but no waah
Hopefully I'll hear something about those soon...
Masarin
PCB and pots arrived today here in Sweden. Thanks a lot!!!
diablojoy
recieved in oz
thanks mike
Girts23
Hi, there!
Received mine also, but what about new BOM?
Thanx!
woodster
Girts23 wrote:
Hi, there!
Received mine also, but what about new BOM?
Thanx!

Hey Girts,

lessavyfav started a new thread -

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108494&start=0

New BOM is there
flts
I suppose there aren't any left Mr. E.A.S.? Been building a "full" Miss10 panel for myself, and the only thing is missing is a Mind Reader and completely missed this, so if anyone has a single PCB with required special pots to spare, I'd be glad.
E.A.S.
flts wrote:
I suppose there aren't any left Mr. E.A.S.? Been building a "full" Miss10 panel for myself, and the only thing is missing is a Mind Reader and completely missed this, so if anyone has a single PCB with required special pots to spare, I'd be glad.

I still have a few sets available.

-m
flts
E.A.S. wrote:
I still have a few sets available.

That's superb. Just sent you a payment for one PCB + pot set with international shipping.
mckenic
Ummm... sorry to do this but I saw the Mind Reader mentioned in another thread and had to do some looking up...

Any chance there are any sets left please?
I can sing and scream and play my guitar and have it spat out as CV??? we're not worthy
pathein
yeah, i like to get the set with the pot set. Is it still avaIiable?
flts
I wonder if mine was shipped already? Probably, just didn't receive any confirmation so far.
sicpaul
totally missed this project threads .... how could i ?

so it would make me real happy if there is one pcb/pots set left for me.

a short note will be great love
fivesteppath
Payment sent, thought i'd bump the thread. thumbs up
fivesteppath
received. love it.
Sittidae
PCB and pots arrived in the UK today. Thanks Mike
Paradigm X
Does anyone (Mike?) have the little pot mounting pcbs available?

Many thanks
Ben
Sittidae
Hi Ben

I think I've got a couple of spare pot mounting pcbs because Jason sent me 2 with the panel and Mike sent 2 with the main pcb. Hopefully I can find them. I can post if you're in the UK.
Paradigm X
brilliant, that would be great, many thanks.

Im in the uk. I will pm you!

Cheers
negativspace
If that doesn't pan out I have plenty of them left.
Transit161
This is a year old now, any chance there are PCB/POT kits left?
E.A.S.
Transit161 wrote:

Yep! Both PCBs and Pots, "in stock".

-M

p.s. FWIW, Other Miss 10 PCBs also in stock..

VCO, (MS50/20/10).........in stock.
VCF/a, (MS20/10)............in stock
LFO/Noise/S&H, (MS10)....in stock
Transit161
Nice! I'm about to send you some money, then.

E.A.S. wrote:
Transit161 wrote:

-M

p.s. FWIW, Other Miss 10 PCBs also in stock..

ablearcher
Just wanted to say this thing has been getting a ton of use for me, not for pitched sources but as an interface from my drum machine to the modular. The preamp distorts just perfect for a kick drum if you crank it, the envelope out get run to filters and the waved folder on the dpo, and the v/o out into any oscillator fm or v/o input provides excellent laser noises.

thumbs up
E.A.S.
ablearcher wrote:
Just wanted to say this thing has been getting a ton of use for me, not for pitched sources but as an interface from my drum machine to the modular. The preamp distorts just perfect for a kick drum if you crank it, the envelope out get run to filters and the waved folder on the dpo, and the v/o out into any oscillator fm or v/o input provides excellent laser noises.

thumbs up

thumbs up

Yeah, I LOVE the distortion the preamp gives!

Im not sure if I've shared this patch before, but, If you patch the preamp out, back into the preamp in, it turns the preamp into an (basic) OSCILLATOR, with the gain knob controlling PITCH, this (now) oscillator is already pre-patched to the filter input so when you take the audio from the filter output, you got a really fun little noise maker!!! Oh, and the V/oct out will track this VCO! Also, with the threshold setting set right you get a square/pulse output to boot. Give it a try!

-Mike
negativspace
Preamp sounds so good... instant I Care Because You Do. screaming goo yo
gwpt
Hi E.A.S.

I just come across this thread and wondered if there were still any pcbs, pots and/or panels left?

I have this mad vision of making six of them driven by a roland gk pickup smile
spotta
negativspace wrote:
Preamp sounds so good... instant I Care Because You Do. screaming goo yo

That comment has just bumped this to the top of my backlog thumbs up
setsun8
Hot damn I need this. I know I'm very late but I PMd you in hopes there is a spare.
E.A.S.
gwpt wrote:
Hi E.A.S.

I just come across this thread and wondered if there were still any pcbs, pots and/or panels left?

I have this mad vision of making six of them driven by a roland gk pickup smile

I've started sending out 2 complementary quad pot adapter pcbs along with mindreader orders. (while supplies last)

-M

p.s. FWIW, Other Miss 10 PCBs also in stock.. @ $25usd ea.

negativspace
And I do still have a couple of Mindreader panels left, and a pair of HADSRs.

I think I've managed to get cash flow working properly again now that I've sold a few dozen SVVCFs... that means I'm open to the idea of re-running all of the panels. I will do my best to start a thread for those by the end of May. (Gotta fill one more order, then I should be OK to take on another low-margin project like this one.)
woodster
negativspace wrote:
And I do still have a couple of Mindreader panels left, and a pair of HADSRs.

I think I've managed to get cash flow working properly again now that I've sold a few dozen SVVCFs... that means I'm open to the idea of re-running the panels. I will do my best to start a thread for those by the end of May. (Gotta fill one more order, then I should be OK to take on another low-margin project like this one.)

More panels for just the mindreader, or the other Miss10 projects as well ?
negativspace
I'm thinking the whole catalog. thumbs up
woodster
we're not worthy
jasonh23
Needing two of the quad pots and fancy connection boards, already have the mind reader PCB. Are these available separately, or should I send $ for the full package?
negativspace
Mike should be able to help you with that... and if he's out of the pot boards I still have a bunch.
jasonh23
That's so great, thank you. Mike, two of those quad pots available? seriously, i just don't get it
Cheradenine
Payment made fo a PCB+pots set !
Thank you !
etburke
This sounds awesome.

So I'm clear, the $50 kit includes the main PCB, 2 pots, and the pot PCB? Or just the main PCB and the pots?
Starspawn
Also interested, pm me details if available smile
negativspace
If any of you need a panel for these (Euro) I'm down to two; there is also a thread going for re-orders right now.

If any of you need pot adapter boards and Mike is out, or you bought your boards before we had them made, I still have a handful on top of the 4 I need to package with the remaining panels.
timpecter
I'd love a PCB + two pots + adaptor PCBs if available but I'm slightly confused about who can provide them and if they're available!
E.A.S.
jasonh23 wrote:
That's so great, thank you. Mike, two of those quad pots available? seriously, i just don't get it

Hi Jason,

Yes, I do have these available.

-M
E.A.S.
etburke wrote:
This sounds awesome.

So I'm clear, the $50 kit includes the main PCB, 2 pots, and the pot PCB? Or just the main PCB and the pots?

The price is for the main PCB and the 2 custom quad pots. That said, for all resent orders Ive been including them free of charge. (until I run out)

-m
E.A.S.
timpecter wrote:
I'd love a PCB + two pots + adaptor PCBs if available but I'm slightly confused about who can provide them and if they're available!

I provide these (see first post of the thread for ordering details) and yes, these are in stock.

Thanks for the interest!

-m
setsun8
What kind of input levels/impedance does the input take? Are you guys plugging your guitars directly in? I imagine those of you using mics are running them through preamps first.
tioJim
For anybody finding the end of this thread. As of 24th March 2016 Mike has just confirmed to me he has some PCB/pot sets left
tpoolan
Yup, money sent for one set. cool

Any chance you could confirm receipt of the Paypal transfer please, Mike?

Cheers,

Tim
Bishop Dust
So there are still kits available ? I m in for one !
masterofstuff124
I would also like a set.
tpoolan
Mine arrived today.

V. happy.
JeromeBC
Hi E.A.S,

Are there any kits available ?
I'd like to order one.

Chers,
JeromeBC
cupwise
anyone have any idea where or how i might find a panel for this?
DMR
cupwise wrote:
anyone have any idea where or how i might find a panel for this?

Try emailing Negativspace (Manhattan Analog). I don't think he's on the forum anymore, try jcoates42@gmail.com .
agustindead
Does anyone have a spare PCB/pots kit that's willing to part with?? I'd be interested!
Mr.T
Hello Mike (E.A.S.) do you still have PCB and pots in stock? I'm interested in a set. Too bad I didn't find this board earlier.
cjbattagl
Mr.T wrote:
Hello Mike (E.A.S.) do you still have PCB and pots in stock? I'm interested in a set. Too bad I didn't find this board earlier.

There's this:
http://synthcube.com/cart/e-a-s-mindreader

I'm still trying to find out if the v1.6 BOM is the same as the v1.5 BOM though.....
negativspace
If you can't dig one up, I think I have a spare in my board stash. (With pots and the pot boards.)

I also have plenty of panels. SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 7