MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Beauty Case - 1 Voice
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Beauty Case - 1 Voice
gmcerveny
Anyone got any trickery to cram one voice in a 32hp beauty case?

Ideally I'd like a vco, vcf, lfo, adsr, and vca...

Is it possible?

seriously, i just don't get it

The a111-5 is cheating.

Dead Banana
sandyb
not too tough.

2 x plan b model 37 lfo (one as lfo, one as vco) = 8hp
1 x doepfer filter (there's quite a few at this size) = 8hp
1 x doepfer a132-2 dual vca = 8hp
1 x doepfer a140 adsr - 8hp

32hp smile

i'm sure there are other combinations that would work too.

sandy
gmcerveny
See... I knew you would come through. I have no knowledge of the plan b catalog.
cocco88
2x planB elf lfo
1x planB elf adsr
1x a180 mult
1x a160
1x a161
1x a105 filter
sandyb
another option

cwejman vm-1 (oscillator,filter,vca, and 2x envelope generators) - 26hp
analogue solutions lfo-nz (lfo and noise source) - 6hp

32hp total
anselmi
cocco88 wrote:

1x planB elf adsr

according with some guys here this are discontinued due to BIG design faults
richard
not that its unusual for Plan B , but what design faults are you refering to?

the M37s i have both sound great but both are very "dirty"= easily upset by and easily upsetting others VOCs and LFOs in the rack. is that what you mean?

R
REwire
My recommendation:

Analogue Solutions VCO 6hp
Any 8hp Filter
A-132 Dual VCA - 4 HP
MFB Dual ADSR -12 Hp

Or if you'd rather an LFO over a dual ADSR: an A140 ADSR with the Plan-B ELF LFO - 12 hp together.

My setup leaves 2 HP open but there are no 8hp VCO's at the moment and I wouldn't trust 2 ELF LFO's unless you are not wanting a stable pitched system. They are very hard to tune. ELF ADSR's are not available and I think two ADSR's are important - one for the filter and one for the VCA.

Dan
anselmi
sandyb wrote:
not too tough.

2 x plan b model 37 lfo (one as lfo, one as vco) = 8hp
1 x doepfer filter (there's quite a few at this size) = 8hp
1 x doepfer a132-2 dual vca = 8hp
1 x doepfer a140 adsr - 8hp

same list but changing the doepfer filter for the tiptop z2040

and maybe you can use the doepfer A-132-1 as a double VCA...the manual said that is intended for CV but it could be used with audio in non-critical aplications...that´s half the size of the A-132-2 so you can use the extra 4 HP for something else...maybe the doepfer dual ringmodulator or another M37

anyway you can´t go too far without some multiples and attenuators too...
anselmi
richard wrote:

the M37s i have both sound great but both are very "dirty"= easily upset by and easily upsetting others VOCs and LFOs in the rack. is that what you mean?

R

this thread

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8504&highlight=expan der
jonkull
richard wrote:

R

He was referring to the M38 ADSR not the M37 LFO. There was a problem with the pots on the Elf ADSRs and they are currently unavailable and have been for about a year now.
wetterberg
Hertz Donut
TipTopAudio z2040
Asol LFO-NZ.

What you get in 31HP

Two insane oscillators
Filter
VCA
LFO
Noise source.

- can't fucking beat that :-D

dougcl
Just a thought, you might consider the A-170 at 8HP a compact dual EG.
ersatzplanet
a-111-5 synthesizer voice -24HP leaves you 8HP for another filter or 190-2 Midi, or a A-136 Distortion / Waveshaper or other wave mangler to fatten it up a bit. Or just a second VCO and you have a standard voice.
jjclark
A real challenge is to get one voice AND include a midi-cv module so that the beauty is standalone. Analog Solutions has a bunch of 6HP modules, including:

MCV - midi-cv 6HP
VCO - 6 HP
EG - ASR envelope - 6HP
LFO-NZ - lfo and noise - 6HP
then use your favorite 8HP filter from wherever - total 32HP

I haven't used the Analog Solutions modules so I don't know how good they are.
MrTea
If we're talking the Doepfer 32HP case, doesn't it only have enough power for 4 modules?
sandyb
MrTea wrote:
If we're talking the Doepfer 32HP case, doesn't it only have enough power for 4 modules?

afaik yes. but it would be pretty easy to make up some suitable power cables to overcome this.
mateo
there are 4 connectors, and a 200mA power supply...
baboo
I think analogue solutions are also releasing their low pass filter in 6HP with a VCA (!) shortly- a least that's what their website says.
you could get a 6HP VCO from ASol, LFO-NZ (also 6 HP), a 6 HP filter with vca, and this leaves 14 HP for any fat module containing an envelope and perhaps something else:) the VCO and LFo-NZ work and sound very well
baboo
not to mention these modules are nicely priced
gmcerveny
I think the 4 adapters on a 32hp beauty is defining...

That means if vco, vcf, lfo, adsr, and vca are desired, one of these needs to be combined a module.

The most logical I combo is probably vcf/vca or lpg combo (tiptop/doepfer a-101-2).

Thanks for all the input!

It's hard to beat the a111-5...
ersatzplanet
gmcerveny wrote:

The only thing that bugs me about it is that it only has one VCO, but with the extra 8-hp that could be fixed. It is too bad Doepfer's wave multipliers are too wide. The narrow, simple MIDI interface module A-190-2 leaves you with 2HP - too small for anything but a A-198 Trautonium Manual / Ribbon Controller would fit nicely!
wetterberg
ersatzplanet wrote:
gmcerveny wrote:

The only thing that bugs me about it is that it only has one VCO, but with the extra 8-hp that could be fixed. It is too bad Doepfer's wave multipliers are too wide. The narrow, simple MIDI interface module A-190-2 leaves you with 2HP - too small for anything but a A-198 Trautonium Manual / Ribbon Controller would fit nicely!
but buying the 111-5 AND a midi interface doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? I mean, why not just get the Dark Energy instead then?
dougcl
How about two voices? smile

anselmi
since the z2040 got a VCA that could be configured as pre or post filter you can reduce a lot the audio path

some voice systems, the last with MIDI/CV and just 30 HP:

another cool combo could be a cwejman VM-1 and M37 ELF LFO...the VM-1 lacks an LFO but got a continous morphable multimode filter and 2 of the snappy cwejman envelopes...also audio input mergeable with the onboard oscillator so the M37 could act as a second oscillator too

or sacrify the LFO and add the doepfer MIDI/CV, but having sync and PWM input you probaly would miss the LFO...sadly non of the VM-1 envelopes can export their CV...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1