MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCS3 Drone
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author VCS3 Drone
Annwn
Thought I'd contribute some drone-age!

Here's something I recorded today on the VCS3 at my university, doing a 3 osc drone. Saw, triangle and pulse going through the filter then the spring. The trapezoid is acting as a mild lfo on the filter. It also gets routed to one of the oscillators later on too. Also played with panning on the two outputs.

Apologies for the extra reverb; it's an addiction I'm seeking counselling for.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/arddhu/putneys-in-space[/s]
p3t0r
very nice; is this just one take or layered?
Annwn
Thanks!

It's 3 separate takes stuck together which crossfade into each other so there's some overlap but no overt layering. Hopefully that makes sense... hmmm.....
construct09
Nice drone thumbs up
It,s great that these machines are still available to you guys.
Annwn
This is thanks to the Hobart Conservatorium forgetting about it completely until it was found a couple of years ago in a cupboard!
papz
Nice one ! applause

Feel free to add it to http://soundcloud.com/groups/ems-synthi
BHC303
Thanks so much for shearing this piece thumbs up

Absolutely love it This is fun!

Drone is something I am still to yet wet my hands with so to speak... very inspiring & great sounds, cheers!
construct09
Annwn wrote:
This is thanks to the Hobart Conservatorium forgetting about it completely until it was found a couple of years ago in a cupboard!

d'oh!
I like! applause

I was about to say I hated you for owning a VCS3 and was jealous! That's great though that your university has one to work with!

Had I known more about modulars at the time when I was at Uni in the Electronic Music labels I would've played on the Moog Modular. The professor said modular was old and antiquated, and heralded the ease of use and quality of the yamaha an1x very frustrating ...this happened as digital performer crashed during every lesson he taughtus on it hihi
Annwn
In a way I'm glad it's the uni's and not mine. It means I can play it without having the niggling self-doubt of being able to justify owning something so valuable.

Glad you like it!
ZenMusic
great , enjoyed it ... VCS3 was my first synthesizer ...
synthi
nice thumbs up

Thanks!
Annwn
Quick drone update! Got reacquainted with this lovely, hissy and mostly functional beast the other day.

Hopefully this is more enjoyable than listening to someone masturbate but crikey this created some tingles! Found my 2 hours of studio time disappeared almost instantly.

Couple of overdubs for extra beating and knob-solo with a splash of external reverb.

Enjoy!

[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/339134920" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
pbanken
Many thanks for posting your work!

This is right up my alley, and very, very inspirational.

Keep 'em coming, I'm looking forward to more!

Cheers, Patrick

P.S.: Are you familiar with Demdike Stare's earlier records, to be found on Manchester's Modern Love label? Could just be your cup of tea wink
Annwn
pbanken wrote:
Many thanks for posting your work!

This is right up my alley, and very, very inspirational.

Keep 'em coming, I'm looking forward to more!

Cheers, Patrick

P.S.: Are you familiar with Demdike Stare's earlier records, to be found on Manchester's Modern Love label? Could just be your cup of tea wink

Thanks for listening! I haven't heard of Demdike but I will now investigate. smile
Will share more drones and explorations when they emerge from the timber beast if people are interested.
papz
Cool one thumbs up
Synthoholic
Thanks for posting this. Very dreamy.
sjk80
Sounds great!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1