STG WaveFolder + Wiard Noise Ring & Borg doodle/jam

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

parasitk
Learn to swim

STG WaveFolder + Wiard Noise Ring & Borg doodle/jam

Post by parasitk » Thu May 15, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi, I'm Chris and I'm new here, although I know a couple of you from modularsynth.net!

Anyway, I had a noise/drone jam with my guitarist a couple nights ago after rehearsal and I recorded the synth side of the jam to my laptop. Recorded about 35 minutes, edited that down to 18 and exported to mp3.

Blacet VCO and Frequency Divider into a Wiard Borg Filter, then into the STG Wave Folder. Soon I plug in the Noise Ring to control the filter. I'm mostly messing with the Borg and Noise Ring in this.

The pulsing synth that fades in behind the main lead noise is a Juno-6. Eventually I thought to plug the clock out of the Noise Ring to the filter cutoff input on the Juno and they start pulsing away together.

http://www.iparasite.com/NoiseRing_Borg_WaveFolder.mp3

Patch (although it's patched up for VCA use, I'm not actually using the Wave Folder as a VCA here):

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Thu May 15, 2008 7:10 pm

This is sitting on my desktop waiting....
I'm looking forward to hearing this.

Looks like a nice combo!

J.w.M.
Analog Addict

Post by J.w.M. » Thu May 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Great patch! Awesome jam... It makes me seriously want a noise ring.
Good pics, too-- I'll have to start posting up pictures of my patches when I post demos...

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Fri May 16, 2008 12:46 am

i think i like this more around 2nd listen. it grows on ya.
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

parasitk
Learn to swim

Post by parasitk » Fri May 16, 2008 8:53 am

J.w.M. wrote:Great patch! Awesome jam... It makes me seriously want a noise ring.
Good pics, too-- I'll have to start posting up pictures of my patches when I post demos...
Thanks! It was fun. The Noise Ring was "sequencing" the Borg. In case it's not totally clear the Main Out was going into the Borg Key In, and the Noise Out was going into the Control In. Then the Borg Main Out into the Wave Folder.

Pictures help! This is going to become part of an actual song in the future, so I have to make sure I can remember how to recreate it. ;) Between the pics and the audio clips I should be good. :P
Kwote wrote:i think i like this more around 2nd listen. it grows on ya.
Thanks, yeah as you indicated over at modularsynth.net it is half a jam, and is missing all the guitar stuff that was going over it. I was really laying down a foundation for the lead stuff going on.

I had also promised to post a clip of the Wave Folder and how it can get those burbly Prunes & Custard type sounds (by putting it after the filter). When I was editing this snippet down I wanted to just cover the variety of sounds this patch was putting out.

//Chris

Return to “Your Tunes Here”