MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia Microbrute
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next [all]
Author Arturia Microbrute
Kingnimrod
Just saw this online:

Arturia's new synth

Based on the quotes, it looks to be some sort of expansion of the Minibrute.

At the very least, another analog synth with no presets.
a100user
Oh I do hope so.

Love my minibrute, especially if they can ensure build quality.
parome
They use the word small a lot. So probably not a poly. Or maybe? I just figure you need a decent size keyboard or there's not much point. Maybe a drum machine?
cpcompany
Hopefully a desktop synth rather than 25 keys
Kingnimrod
Well, looking back at the the quotes, the guy from Portishead mentions the "original" and someone else calls it a "compact powerhouse."
amnesia
2 VCO desktop and keyboard
de_raaf
must be a destop/rack version maybe with a bit of difference
amnesia
Arturia 2600
dopefiend
Specs.....

....ulations.

What's the countdown to? Its release, or it's announcement?
dopefiend
Fuck, make it semi-modular. A-la Cwejman S1. More VCO's. more filters. Same metallizer and super saw... love
a100user
Countdown to announcement I expect
n_m
guess it's a bigger brute, more keys, maybe 2 oscillators.
abstraktor
I'll go for a 2 osc desktop MB with more breakouts for modular connections (like the DE). Possibly an extra non Steiner Parker type VCF ?
n_m
The blurred background appears to show a keyboard
drip.feed
n_m wrote:
guess it's a bigger brute, more keys, maybe 2 oscillators.

A 2-oscillator Minibrute? That's a recipe for disaster. nanners
bartleby
elsewhere, people are speculating what the "k4Lv1n" in http://arturia.com/k4Lv1n/index.html stands for.

my guess is, the 4 stands for four voices.

on the teaser site, there is also mention of an "original" with a very special sawtooth sound.

a new, miniature jupiter 4?
Fleggy
From the looks of it this is not a Polybrute. I hope Arturia have taken note that pretty much everyone on every synth and electronic music based forum REALLY WANTS A POLYBRUTE!!! Guinness ftw!
n_m
bartleby wrote:
elsewhere, people are speculating what the "k4Lv1n" in http://arturia.com/k4Lv1n/index.html stands for.

my guess is, the 4 stands for four voices.

on the teaser site, there is also mention of an "original" with a very special sawtooth sound.

a new, miniature jupiter 4?

hmmm..... might the "k" stand for keyboard?
udbhav
Maybe It's hax0r for Calvin?
n_m
Fleggy wrote:
From the looks of it this is not a Polybrute. I hope Arturia have taken note that pretty much everyone on every synth and electronic music based forum REALLY WANTS A POLYBRUTE!!! Guinness ftw!

Maybe the "4" stands for 4 octave keybed. A BigBrute mono-synth?
n_m
udbhav wrote:
Maybe It's hax0r for Calvin?

lol

It's done! No more speculation hihi
n_m
adrian utley on the promo page for the "Calvin" hihi :
Quote:
"I love the sound of the original, and IT can be even wilder"

The "Calvin" is just like the Brute but "wilder"
twisted
soundwave106
I doubt it's a polyphonic synth if it has no presets...

Speculation: desktop format Minibrute with more oscillators. seriously, i just don't get it
TimeRaveler

Check out out the ratio of the keyboard depth on the Minibrute vs the new synth... Ether the new one has mini keys (and more of them) and is still small like the Minibrute, or it is overall much larger. I could imagine a 4-voice polysynth with a 3-octive keyboard geared more toward playing one handed chords as opposed to 2-handed piano style. Similar to the Volca Keys.
noobyscooby
Exactly. I love my minibrute. I hope it's expanders with small footprints.

I do hope it's not just a fucking toy version of the Minibrute for the Volca, Monotribe market.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next [all]
Page 1 of 35